Electrical Storm hair vs Vertigo Hair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bcrt2000

Refugee
which version of Bono's hair do you like better? cut close (but not too close!) or down to his shoulders like it is now?

Neither: I'm a guy and I would have gotten down with Bono when his hair was cut REALLY short during the Pop era. Take it or leave it...I'm sure that I'm no authority on the subject, given my heterosexuality, but that's the way it is. :wink:

I really think Bono should cut his hair again, like Pop times :yes:
with his long hair he looks older and older :(

I could not disagree more. The way his face has aged since Pop, if you cut off all his hair, he'd look MUCH OLDER and less attractive. I like the Vertigo hair, especially the way it swings around in the ipod commercial :drool: Bono generally looks better with longer hair, and I think he agrees;)

ES hair was okay, I liked the neck :drool: but it was a bit too short for the way his face looked, IMO.

ponkine said:
I really think Bono should cut his hair again, like Pop times :yes:
with his long hair he looks older and older :(

Yep gotta agree with this, he had the coolest hairstyle in the business in 1991/1992 Achtung Era when he had dyed jet black but now cos he is 12 years older he looks older than his years and his hair doesn't help. He should either have a Pop era haircut ( hehehe this is a great thread) or like he had it on the Beautiful Day Video whcih was just the right length for a man of his years heheehe.

I really can't understand how it makes him 'older' I think the longer hair makes him look much YOUNGER. If he had no hair his face would appear OLDER and you would notice more how much he's aged. Thank goodness he realizes he looks better with longer hair. Keep it swingin' Bono, YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH! :up:

and as I've said before, no one else in the band has any hair, it's nice to have one member with some hair :love:

Last edited:
The shorter Bono's hair is, the older he looks.

LONG LIVE THE MULLET! MULLET POWER!

I already posted my thoughts here a while ago and, as I said, I am a guy...but man, this has to be one of the most fun posts/discussions that I've seen in a while. Rock on, ladies.
Here's another semi-related quick note: Bono or Brad Pitt? Decisions, decisions... :wink:

He looked like the biggest pimp during the ZOOTV days, but he is too old for that look now I think. That being said, I think he should go with the look he had with the "beautiful day" video, he looked cool as hell in that video, anything to get away from this straw hat - denim clothes look. Not really feeling it. I liked his look on the CD:UK performance.

(I'm also a heterosexual man...)

Longer and Darker. I hate the reddish color and the hats. I like it when his hair is dark and elevation length is fine or longer but not Pop short, that is too short.

I agree with Kitten I think if it was too short his face would look older.

RademR said:
That being said, I think he should go with the look he had with the "beautiful day" video, he looked cool as hell in that video,

I completely agree. I was watching the video yesterday and I thought to myself, "Damn, he looks fantastic." LOL! He didn't really keep that cut for long, though... he grew it out for the Elevation tour, but man, I really think he'd look fantastic if he had the "Beautiful Day" cut again. *nods*

I guess I'm just not going for the straw hat and reddish hair thing, either. :|

Last edited:
I reckon he should go the whole hog and have an Unforgettable (and Jesus that hairstyle was Unforgettable) Fire Video Mullet, like he had at Live Aid. Wow what a plonker he would look if he had that haircut now! heheheh:wink:

wow, a Bono hair topic NOT in PLEBA! that's different...

Both are nice but I prefer the long Vertigo hair :drool: I think his best hair was Elevation era though...jet black, somewhere between ears and shoulders...now that was HAWT, he could definatley go back to that and it'd be fine with me, if he cut his hair like that...but not all the way like Pop. Then again Pop was pretty damn hot too (as long as it's not the BALD look *shudder*) , but he HAS aged since then...

Bono's hair is great no matter what *_*

Anyone think Larry should grow his hair out? :wink: I'd LOVE to see that. He's had his hair short since forever...Larry with long hair :drool:

Oh, and Bono all the way. Brad Pitt was pretty damn hot in Troy, but there's more to a man than a nice body ;)

I would love to see longer hair on Larry, I think the crewcut makes his nose look bigger. I think in that new video they filmed, the one with the car, I saw HAIR on LARBEAR a la the ZOOTV tour :faint: so I'm hoping he'll have some for the tour! :hyper:

It's funny that whenever guys post something here they make sure everyone knows they're not gay. Why can't I - as a guy - make a comment about the way a guy looks without qualifying myself as straight. We're humans and we judge people all the time. Come on guys, admit it, we know Brad Pitt is the epitome of male "hotness."
With that said, long-hair!!! Remember how old bono looked in the Popmart video when singing Still haven't found and All I want?

i dont know.. i always find when i cut my hair short i look and feel younger than when i let my hair grow out. i think bono could still pull off popmart hair

everyone of them should shave it all completely off

it worked for sinead o'connor

Oh yes I'm a guy by the way and not Gay....just thought I would point that out as the other gays errrrr guys have. And all this hair talk is kinda piss#ng me off, seen as how I've lost mine and I have no choice but to have it damn short!:huh:

I'd love it if he went back to Beautiful Day hair.

These days, I'd like to shear him like a sheep. It makes him look older, like he's trying to compensate for lack of hair in the front by growing it in the back. Not particularly attractive, IMO, but as they say, opinions are like assholes.

Oh my God, am I REALLY posting about B's hair outside the hormone-splattered walls of PLEBA? :lmao: I guess I am....

Best short hair on B: WGRYWH video....ooh! Heart palpatations & clammy hands just thinking 'bout that one! :drool: :drool: My current avatar's a pretty damn hot look for him, too & that one's only a few years old!!

Best long hair on B: JT/R&H-era, without any question. Mmmm - sweaty, half-naked R&H video footage.... :combust:

As for his current coif: I'm digging the length & the color's OK, too. I don't think he's too old for longer hair by any stretch of the imagination and I don't see any "over compensation" action going on. Then again, my hubby (who has very similar features to Bono: prominent nose, beautiful eyes, receding hairline) has long hair & I LOVE IT! As a matter of fact, I routinely ask him NOT to cut his hair - so I may be slightly biased on this subject! :lol:

Last edited:
Again, I am a guy, and not gay, but find myself obsessed with Bono's appearence. I guess it is because it represents the band. Pop Bono was just so damn badass, but his face is alot older not unfortunately. His neck is getting saggy, even though his weight isn't too bad (he's lost a few for the album).

Its certainly a conundrum. I wish I never ditched U2 like I did round Pop. Bono was SO cool, I just never liked the music. Though I went to Popmart, I was 12 so I didn't appreciate them at that time (fan around it). Now I do..

..and funnily enough, I think Pop is the best album they have made now! Mein gott. :(

Anyway, If I could turn the clock back on Bono, I'd make him the Fly again. Just so I could enjoy that era and see the band evolve into Pop again. :wink:

blueyedpoet said:
It's funny that whenever guys post something here they make sure everyone knows they're not gay.

I just stated that as a joke because "shout.." mentioned it twice before me, I thought it was funny too. But yes, blueeyedpot, I am comfortable enough with my sexuality to state that Brad Pitt is a good looking man

Back
Top Bottom