Electrical Storm a more rockin version of When I Look At The World?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdgeVox

War Child
was on my way to class with my mp3 player, and I was listening to WILATW, (it was raining and that song is awesome to listen to in the rain btw) and I was rewinding the guitar solo when I realized it reminded me a lot of Electrical Storm, I also remembered Edge talking about how WILATW was originally a straight-up rocker, but then they thought that would be too predictable and they messed with some more......so I wonder if Electrical Storm is the Always to to When I Look At The World's Beautiful Day......Does that make sense or has my lack of sleep for 36 hours finally caught up to me.....

interesting. i have no idea, and never thought about the two sounding the same, but i'm pretty sure i've never listened to them back to back. now i'm curious.

when you say you were rewinding it, you don't mean that listening to it backwards sounds like electrical storm, right?

yeah actually, since it's an mp3 player, I can listen while rewinding it, but listent to the guitar solo in WILATW and tell me that doesn't remind you of the Single Mix

i plan to do that when i get home :up:

i had a tape player that played the song while it was rewinding, but it was high speed and sounded really freaky. i think the tape player was broken, actually...

i listened to them both back to back a few times, and both at the same time (through different headphones both on my head at the same time...it was interesting...)

i hear what you mean, but it seemed really subtle. took a while for me to notice, but there is a certain similarity there

good observation. i don't really think one is a version of another, but you're right about them having some similarities

I think WILATW is a very good song, and one of the better ones on ATCYLB. Better than Electrical Storm.

Back
Top Bottom