Electric Co. is a definite top-fiver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

impy13

ONE love, blood, life
This thread is probably unnecessary, but I've listened to Electric Co a lot lately and I love the song more and more every time I hear it.

I've only been to one show (last October) but thinking back, the song was one of my favorite moments of the evening.

So I've decided it can enter the hallowed ground reserved for the Pleases and Ultra Violets of the world. Welcome to the top five, Electric Co.

Mine would be Zooropa, Until The End Of The World, Where The Streets Have No Name, The Electric Co., and Acrobat, in that order. But you're right, The Electric Co. is the song.

xaviMF22 said:
umh just out of curiosity what is your top five?

Something like this:

1. Ultra Violet
2. Please
3. The Electric Co
4. Acrobat
5. Gone

Something like that.

i bet before this tour most people wouldnt have even considered electric co a top 5 song

its nice that u2 decided to revisit it, i wish they would do it with more songs

Chizip said:
i bet before this tour most people wouldnt have even considered electric co a top 5 song

I feel that way about An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart

I didn't give those 2 tracks any thought until the tour started, and I realized just how cool those songs are, and how well they fit together. Bono acting like a cat is goofy, but fun to watch.

And yes The Electric Co. is an amazing song. Top 5? eh, not for me, but it's definitely a badass live.

Chizip said:

Absolutely. In the early stages of the tour when they were throwing in An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart, that was great as well. It's good to hear songs from previous albums that weren't singles, although the majority of the time, the only way an old song is getting played is if it's one of the old warhorses. That's a shame.

But Electric Co just kicks ass

Axver said:
My fellow Slug lover ranks Ultra Violet as #1? :sad:

Despite your distate for UV (it's mostly sentimental reasons for my adoration), it's definitely good to see you back.

And now I realize that I'm stupid and didn't understand that it's just the one forum.

the revisiting of boy was good for me this tour. it helped me cement the fact that un cat dubh is my least favorite U2 song, or top five worst... and it helped me to discover that the electric co is so much better than i had even come close to realizing. it is up there with bad, God pt. 2, Hawkmoon, AIWIY, the fly, ultraviolet, etc. awesome.

the electric co just gets better and better every time i hear it. yes this thread is pointless, and i love it anyway.

Chizip said:

I agree and even given the tour, it's nowhere near my top five. If the Vertigo live version counted, maybe, but the tour hasn't changed the way I feel about the album version. The song itself is fine, I just don't like the vocals on Boy...or the vocals from that time period in general. I prefer the newer live versions (PopMart to present) of Out of Control, Electric Co, 11 O'Clock Tick Tock, I Will Follow.

Axver, I'm a rare Slug lover as well. Slug is definitely in my top 10, maybe even top 5!

inmyplace13 said:

Absolutely. In the early stages of the tour when they were throwing in An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart, that was great as well. It's good to hear songs from previous albums that weren't singles, although the majority of the time, the only way an old song is getting played is if it's one of the old warhorses. That's a shame.

But Electric Co just kicks ass

Electric Co/An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart :up:

The Boy trio was a special moment on the V tour. I feel fortunate to of seen this on the first leg. Cry/Electric Co. moved way up on my list because of this tour.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

I agree and even given the tour, it's nowhere near my top five. If the Vertigo live version counted, maybe, but the tour hasn't changed the way I feel about the album version. The song itself is fine, I just don't like the vocals on Boy...or the vocals from that time period in general. I prefer the newer live versions (PopMart to present) of Out of Control, Electric Co, 11 O'Clock Tick Tock, I Will Follow.

Axver, I'm a rare Slug lover as well. Slug is definitely in my top 10, maybe even top 5!

I agree, I don't like the Boy album, but the live versions (Vertigo tour, UABRS) kicks so much more ass. U2 live is where it's at, with Edge's SCREAMING guitar and Bono's howls, man...I'm gonna go put it on again.

Back
Top Bottom