Elec Storm NOT the REAL THING!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cowgirl

War Child
From the log!

"U2archive.com reports the following: The version of Electrical Storm as played by BBC/Radio 1 is NOT the version which was played earlier this year for Universal employees. Supposedly, there are currently 5 versions of it. (source: Didi, via mailing list) "

bwahaha
U2 are prolly all sitting round brekkie now screaming at Bono. I can just see Larry now fuming steam rising from his nostrils...

"What do u have to be such an eegit for?! You weren't supposed to give those out you stupid bugger! Especially to feckin radio djs!
First u give away our friggin 2nd album lyrics to some stupid fans in a briefcase and claim 'stupid silly forgetful me, we should all feel sorry for quirky Bono'.
Im starting to think you probably let Achtung Baby get out, probably got drunk and gave some guy in a bar the keys to the studio, then u lose your stupid laptop and claim Dublin theives to be the cause, now this!!!!
People are going to start thinking we do this on purpose!!!Its getting a bit obvious, u stupid feck! Ah piss off, the lotta yer, I need a drink. And no, you can design the fooking t shirts yourself this time, how about 'My Name is Bono and I'm a feckin Eegit' "

:D Just a bit o wee light humour, please don't hurt me... :laugh:

:laugh:

I could tell from the copy I d/l'ed it must be a demo.....

I'm sure once it hits the radio officially it'll be more polished.

This is what happens when they entrust Bono "Mr. I lose everything, and tend to talk too much when I drink" Vox, to something important.

:laugh::wink:

but of course...adam is just sitting back smokin a ciggie while larry pops a gasket..

Yeah I dont think its going to be that different. Personally I didnt think it sounded complete and fully edited, but I wouldnt worry Tabby. It can only be better.
Who knows though? This could only be like an Axtung Beibi version!

Well I thik if the single is slated for October release then it would be in the process of mastering somewhere in LA in the safe hands of Arnie Acosta(?)The only possible variation could be a shorter radio edit version like they have for most of the singles.But going by the intro and the middle eigth, the song sounds fairly finished and I dont think there would be a drastic change.However, someone who was present on the video shoot would be the best person to answer this.Should we mail the guy from U2france.com??

For the last ten minutes I am trying to do that.But I dont know French and its so hard to navigate that siteseon withouteseson whoseseon contacteseon

Y'know what I mean

I always kinda thought it sounded like a demo... but isn't it also quite possible that the thing people heard earlier is the demo?

I hope it's the demo... I love the song, I think, but it seems to have potential to be much more somehow. It will be interesting to see if there is a more finished version somewhere.

For the past day and a half I have been :banghead: because my piece of :censored: computer won't let me download "Electrical Storm." Since it turns out the version everyone has been listening to isn't the finished version anyway, I think I will chill out and patiently wait for the song to be officially released.

Being patient,
Being patient,
Being patient,

ARGHHH! Is it October yet?

I agree, it's not a bad song, just could stand so much to gain from better editing....i think some sections of the song just sound too noisy and the chorus isn't distinguishible enough from the verses

Last edited:
Ok, first off, it's just a rumor that this version isnt the one played for Universal Employees. It seems to me that one played for them earlier this year would have been the demo anyways, not the version members of U2 are giving away. Guess we dont know. We'll all see.

Cowgirl--That's cool, I'm really in the mood for some humor. It's fine to have our opinions and such but sometimes humor is really nice to have.:laugh: :laugh: :love:

Right from U2-List, a message posted by U2-Archive:

"According to my sources the version of "ES", which was aired on BBC/Radio
1 is definately NOT the final version of the song!
Island UK is desperate about the fact it had been released and didn't know
anything about that, also the U2 Management was not informed...
Further news should follow tomorrow!

Didi"

Well if this is the case then thank God I havent posted my comments on the song.I am just waiting for Dom from U2France.Com to reply.

LOL - well, maybe they let it "slip" accidentally on purpose to see what the reaction was, and then are tweaking...

hahaha

Poor Bono. He probably left it in the front seat of his car, door unlocked, idling somewhere...:laugh:

I just read where some Universal big shot in Italy said that the BBC1 version was a demo. I thought so. I think the one I heard is lovely but it doesn't sound like the final version. The final version might sound a little different (the guess here) or it may stay the same.

If thats the case I still think its pretty cool that a demo version is in circulation.

I certainly don't think this was an accident....I do wanna believe that there is a much better version out there, however. I absolutely DESPISE myself for not being super impressed with it. :banghead: :shame:

*continues to beat self with 2x4

Back
Top Bottom