Edge's recent solos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LemonMelon said:

I forget what the site is, but there is this one out there that was a U2 message board-ish community during the 1990's. I wish I knew the address off the top of my head...anyway, it goes all the way back to the Zoo TV era, and no, not everything was positive back then either. It's quite eye-opening, really. Sometimes things really don't change.

Ever read Flanagan's book from Zoo TV era ? Some of the opinions would fit in nicely in the current era U2...

Eazy-V - I don't know, I have a feeling we'd get lots of posts like:
"omc!!! Macphisto!" "YAY! Big stage!" "woot! Achtungftw"" "One >>>> everything else they ever did"...

Dr. Lemonseed said:
Was anyone else really disappointed in the solos Edge offered up on HutDub? They sounded more or less like scales, nothing really interesting. Almost like something a novice would come up with to make themselves think they were really rocking out.

Love and Peace and All Because of You are especially culpable... He just works up and down a scale, or else repeats the same riff over and over.

Your thoughts...?
You obviously don't know much about The Edge or guitars. It's more than the note - it's the sounds.

Back
Top Bottom