Edge's Music Rising Tshirt is now Available!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fanatic4ever

Blue Crack Addict
Hey folks...

Did you like the Music Rising Tshirt Edge wore at the Grammy's? Well, with some great effort on the part of some amazing U2 fans (myself included). I got involved in an email campaign to get Music Cares to make the tshirt available for sale for the charity, Music Rising. And it worked! You can get the tshirt through u2.com aka the u2shop there. The cost is 30 dollars for the tshirt with the proceeds going to Music Rising...

A great cause folks let's all support it by buying the Tshirt (Since the guitar was out of most of our price ranges/wallets). Certainly a great way to get the message/word out there about what Music Rising is all about.

Here's the link: http://www.fanfire.com/cgi-bin/WebO.../0.7.13.0.1.0.1

Can you tell me where to find the shirt at the link? Once I go the site, I can't find it anywhere. Thanks!

Good work! I wonder if I'll use my 25% off coupon on this, or hoarde it away forever.....:hmm:

That is an awesome shirt... so expensive for shipping though (to Canada).

It will cost me over $55.00 Canadian for one T-shirt :sad: :sad: :sad: and I'm broke!

I know its a good cause... but I am really broke!

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for shopping with FanFire. We regret that the item you
requested...

[U2T-38081-M]-[ U2T: Music Rising T]

...is not available at this time. Demand for this item has been greater
than anticipated. We will ship your merchandise out as soon as we receive
more in stock. We expect more within 3-4 weeks. We value your business and
thank you for your patience.

If you have any questions, please contact us at orderhelp@FanFire.com or one
of the following numbers: 1-800-767-7160 or 1-916-350-2016. (Please be sure
to include a copy of this email any reply.)

Sincerely,
Scott
FanFire.com Customer Service

I'm not feeling patient :sigh:
although it is good that so much support is being given to Music Rising :up:

Achtung_Bebe said:
Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for shopping with FanFire. We regret that the item you
requested...

[U2T-38081-M]-[ U2T: Music Rising T]

...is not available at this time. Demand for this item has been greater
than anticipated. We will ship your merchandise out as soon as we receive
more in stock. We expect more within 3-4 weeks. We value your business and
thank you for your patience.

If you have any questions, please contact us at orderhelp@FanFire.com or one
of the following numbers: 1-800-767-7160 or 1-916-350-2016. (Please be sure
to include a copy of this email any reply.)

Sincerely,
Scott
FanFire.com Customer Service

I'm not feeling patient :sigh:

Everyone who ordered the shirt got this email including myself. These emails are slowly trickling out to everyone. My take on this is that they posted the link to buy the shirt at fanfire/u2shop prior to actually having the tshirts in stock. It was a sort of test to gauge what the demand would be. Of course that was high so now they are in the process of ordering the shirts from the manufacturer.

I know fanfire has a shitty reputation so since I was one of the main people involved in the email campaign to get the shirts available to the public I will keep a tally of everyone (please PM, email or post here to let me know) who is not getting their shirts at the time fanfire says we should receive them (3-4 weeks). So everyone please let me know if you are one of these people when it has passed the 4 week mark. The contact at Music Cares is aware of this (sent her an email) so if fanfire starts dicking us around I will let this person know right away.

Have faith and be patient if you can :huh::reject:... I certainly am trying... Can't wait to get that tshirt and wear it proudly!:hyper: :wink:

Last edited:
U2Fanatic4ever said:

Everyone who ordered the shirt got this email including myself. These emails are slowly trickling out to everyone. My take on this is that they posted the link to buy the shirt at fanfire/u2shop prior to actually having the tshirts in stock. It was a sort of test to gauge what the demand would be. Of course that was high so now they are in the process of ordering the shirts from the manufacturer.

I find this to be a crummy way of going about things :huh:

I will be patient. But, what if I had wanted to wear this t-shirt to Jazzfest, they would have lost out on some premium exposure (I'm not even going to Jazzfest, this is all hypothetical) :p

thanks for monitoring the situation U2Fanatic, I will let you know if 4 weeks go by without a delivery.

FYI....

Here is the latest from Dorit at Music Cares. I received this email today in response to mine... Anything that comes through regarding the shirts I promise to post it here.

"Hi there!
Thank you so much for the update. I know that they had to get new shirts printed up but didn’t realize it would take so long for the buyer to receive. I guess the demand is higher than even they expected!

Thanks for the updates, I really appreciate it.

Best,

Dorit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2006 8:20 PM
To: Dorit Kalev
Subject: RE: Music Rising T-Shirts Now Available!

Hi Dorit,

I wanted to let you know what sites have the story about the Music Rising Tshirt. The sites are : interference.com, atu2.com, u2log.com, u2actung.com (a french website), and of course u2.com. I just sent the word to another site (macphisto.net).

The interest and demand is high. Fanfire says the orders are backordered (aka sold out) and that the shirts will take at least 3-4 weeks before they are shipped out.

Well, that is what I got for now..

Sincerely,

Amy Phillips"

Achtung_Bebe said:

yeah, I got the same email today...

I was hoping to wear it at the Hawaii show, but whatever!

I least I got my $5 San Jose Vertigo Poster that I bought with it (to maximize my 25% discount). The poster came in 2 days!!

I received mine in the mail today, it is an Edun shirt which surprised me in a good way. It's nice. I haven't tried it on but I went up one size from my usual size and it doesn't look too huge.

It's Edun? Hmmm.....I was considering being cheap and trying to make my own...(hey, thirty bucks is a lot for a t-shirt!)....but if it's Edun, that might very well be worth it...:hmm:

WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! GOT MY TSHIRTS TODAY!!!
3.gif
:D :dance:

I didn't realize they were going to be Edun shirts! They feel awesome, super soft even before washing..

I am so so PROUD TO HAVE THIS SHIRT AND WILL WEAR IT PROUDLY!!:yes:

I got my shirt yesterday too. Was pleasantly surprised to see it wasn't the tissue thin t-shirt that the U2 shop usually sells. Now if they would do the same for all of their t-shirts, then we'd be getting somewhere! ;)

Got mine yesterday, it's very very nice! I haven't tried it on yet, it looks a little big. When I ordered mine the smallest size shown was Medium, I noticed they have Small available now. Ah well, I'm still pleased.

Diemen said:
I got my shirt yesterday too. Was pleasantly surprised to see it wasn't the tissue thin t-shirt that the U2 shop usually sells. Now if they would do the same for all of their t-shirts, then we'd be getting somewhere! ;)

hopefully all the U2 shirts from now on will be EDUN!

got mine too... it's awesome!

Back
Top Bottom