Edge's bootleg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2mixer

War Child
It's been noted that Edge asked for a bootleg once.

I think I also remember Bono mentioning it in a band interview on the radio mid to late 90s.

Does anyone know which bootleg it was (must have been an early one)?

And why he asked for it?

thanks

Just editing it to say that it was a U2 bootleg ;)

Dunno. According to the story on this site, Bono's known to have bought a copy of the 3-disc Salome: Axtung Beibi Outtakes. I don't know about Edge.

Utoo said:
Dunno. According to the story on this site, Bono's known to have bought a copy of the 3-disc Salome: Axtung Beibi Outtakes. I don't know about Edge.

I'm sure he definitely asked for a particular bootleg.

Come on all you trivia freaks ;)

I'll have a search on Google in the meantime.

I don't know about a U2 bootleg, but in 1988 Bono and Edge were listed as celebrity columnists in Rolling Stone at the Year In Review (they were asked their top 10 albums of the year) and they both said "The Black Album" by Prince, which was at the time, the most popular Bootleg in history.

story goes that to follow up his groundbreaking album Sign O The Times, prince recorded the Black Album, which was supposed to be just as good if not better, but at the very last minute he recalled all the prerelease copies (he said his conscience or alter ego felt the album was "Evil" because of sex and violence in the lyrics and he recorded a whole new album called "lovesexy" (with a more lovey dovey romance theme) to replace it.

At the time, original pressings of The Black Album were reported to have sold for upwards of 6000 dollars, and bootleg pressings were distributed, reaching numbers as high as 250,000 making it the largest distribution of a bootleg album in history.

probably not the correct answer to the question, but still a bootleg that Bono and Edge recommended.

all I know is Prince is a mean basketball player

charlie murphy!

if I were to give Edge a boot, I'd give him ZooTV Dublin, my absolute favorite

LemonMacPhisto said:
all I know is Prince is a mean basketball player

charlie murphy!

if I were to give Edge a boot, I'd give him ZooTV Dublin, my absolute favorite

can you share it here? that would be so fine...

Clawgrabber said:
I don't know about a U2 bootleg, but in 1988 Bono and Edge were listed as celebrity columnists in Rolling Stone at the Year In Review (they were asked their top 10 albums of the year) and they both said "The Black Album" by Prince, which was at the time, the most popular Bootleg in history.

story goes that to follow up his groundbreaking album Sign O The Times, prince recorded the Black Album, which was supposed to be just as good if not better, but at the very last minute he recalled all the prerelease copies (he said his conscience or alter ego felt the album was "Evil" because of sex and violence in the lyrics and he recorded a whole new album called "lovesexy" (with a more lovey dovey romance theme) to replace it.

At the time, original pressings of The Black Album were reported to have sold for upwards of 6000 dollars, and bootleg pressings were distributed, reaching numbers as high as 250,000 making it the largest distribution of a bootleg album in history.

probably not the correct answer to the question, but still a bootleg that Bono and Edge recommended.

Very interesting all the same :)

The Grey Album Bootleg by Dangermouse (he also has a Black album) is interesting listening (especially 99 problems) even though I'm not really a fan of rap http://www.bannedmusic.org/

Back to my original question...
Any more help?

Back
Top Bottom