Edge zoo question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J_NP

New Yorker
This one is for the zoo experts , folks could u tell me which concert was that one of the classic Edge playing in th rain pic ? He's wearing a blue jacket and playing likely Ultraviolet , judging that he's using his Gibson Explorer.

Now I did remember there's also a photo of MacPhisto , in a rainy show , so I suppose it's the same.

edrain.jpg

Yes I did find , these are , definitely from the same show

macphisto-pic-03.jpg

macphisto-pic-04.jpg

So at least one thing is clear , it was a Zooropa concert.

Yeah definitely was a hell of a show , quite a night for edge like put his long loved explorer in rain and all

A review from u2tours mentions that it poured rain on 8/16/92 in DC, so it could be that one. Luckily, I saw them the night before that show.

ntalwar said:
A review from u2tours mentions that it poured rain on 8/16/92 in DC, so it could be that one. Luckily, I saw them the night before that show.

Couldn't mate , this is a zooropa show , Macphisto is on it.

^ Correct.

It was my first U2 show!!! :hyper:
It rained a lot during the day and during the support acts, but it was dry when the band started. When the encores started -with the debut of MacPhisto- it started raining again. I guess God wasn't too happy with Bono's transformation. :D

This leads me to a conclusion , If I fly one day for europe to watch a u2 concert , i will totally either go for Dublin (pretty obvious) or Rotterdam , or maybe Milan ( So I can catch some soccer games as well :D ) . But it really seems that all concerts in Rotterdam are epics , in the LoveTown Edge delivered those solos :drool: a hell of a night , in PopMart came out that awesome Please single , and now in ZooTV these photos pretty much tell everything , must have been quite a night and all , and even to play under rain like that .

I have to put my hands in a good boot of it , now u tell me guys , what was the highlights of the night ?

Yeah those pics are from Rotterdam 9th of May.
I was at that show too and it was just:drool: to see Bono as McPhisto for the time.
During Love Is Blindness there even was a thunder storm.

Seeing McPhisto walking around the stage 10 feet from me away with lightning flashing behind in the skies was a terrifying experience:wink:

All in all super pics of the night.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

J_NP said:
I have to put my hands in a good boot of it , now u tell me guys , what was the highlights of the night ?

To be honest, I can't remember that much anymore from that night. I do know I had a good spot (right in front of the B-stage, though just out of reach when Bono went into the audience during Until The End Of The World). And that MacPhisto delivered a speech (in my memory it's always before Desire, but the boot tells me it's after that song).

However, if you want to have a boot, go for the show of the next night (10 May 1993). You can find that one as Bono's Birthday Party and it's an even better show. Party Girl, I Will Follow, Are You Lonesome Tonight (this last one instead of Can't Help Falling In Love) and overall a better show. Plus there is a hilarious phonecall by MacPhisto with a KLM travel agent. :lmao: You have to hear it to believe it.

Sadly, I wasn't at this concert. :|

Popmartijn said:

To be honest, I can't remember that much anymore from that night. I do know I had a good spot (right in front of the B-stage, though just out of reach when Bono went into the audience during Until The End Of The World). And that MacPhisto delivered a speech (in my memory it's always before Desire, but the boot tells me it's after that song).

However, if you want to have a boot, go for the show of the next night (10 May 1993). You can find that one as Bono's Birthday Party and it's an even better show. Party Girl, I Will Follow, Are You Lonesome Tonight (this last one instead of Can't Help Falling In Love) and overall a better show. Plus there is a hilarious phonecall by MacPhisto with a KLM travel agent. :lmao: You have to hear it to believe it.

Sadly, I wasn't at this concert. :|

I have that one. I'll work on uploading it this weekend.:wink:

more and more I wish I was ten years older and had heard of U2 twenty years sooner

Yeah it was pretty exciting back then.

Listenning to this MacPhisto recording just reminds how absolutely out in left field U2 was and how they just oozed with coolness. Man they were great.

Mauwer said:
Seeing McPhisto walking around the stage 10 feet from me away with lightning flashing behind in the skies was a terrifying experience:wink:

:combust: That would be SO kick-ass!

Utoo said:

:combust: That would be SO kick-ass!

Yeah...it really was soooo cool.

I was at all 3 Rotterdam shows.
The 9th and 10th were out of this world.
( everyone should get the mp3 of Edge singing Party Girl for Bono on the 10th May show , very cool )
Also Bono tried out Are You Lonesome Tonight , it kinda worked.
But I guess they felt more comfortable with Can`t Help Falling in Love?
The 11th May show is good but I guess they all had hangovers of Bono`s Birthday Party the night before?
But a funny thing occured during The Fly.
Bono shouts out Achtung Y`all a verse to early so he had to catch up with the band and instead of the lyrics he begins to sorta rap haha. ( very cool )

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Back
Top Bottom