Edge...Townstend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonoman

Refugee
I was thinking earlier whatching a Who tv show about the edge. What if he was to have sung more songs and write music. Could anyone see him being the equivlent to townstend, not saying anyone is.

If the edge were to come out with a alblum or co-write with Bono. Like i mean write full songs couls anyone see him being good.

I hear him sings in Stuck.. or SBS live and i think he is a great singer. He has that high pitched voice that Bono has lost. Could we maybe see a fully written and sung edge song in the future? I would love to hear it!!!

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

Interesting question. I believe Townshend did the majority of the writing for the Who, although they all contributed. I would love to see Edge singing more though...his voice is gorgeous.

------------------

Just as you find me
Always I will be
A little bit too free
With myself

Originally posted by bonoman:
I was thinking earlier whatching a Who tv show about the edge. What if he was to have sung more songs and write music. Could anyone see him being the equivlent to townstend, not saying anyone is.

If the edge were to come out with a alblum or co-write with Bono. Like i mean write full songs couls anyone see him being good.

I hear him sings in Stuck.. or SBS live and i think he is a great singer. He has that high pitched voice that Bono has lost. Could we maybe see a fully written and sung edge song in the future? I would love to hear it!!!

I was having this same discussion with one of my buddies the other night (we are both U2 and Who nuts). As much as I love Edge, I highly doubt that he could write as well as Townshend. Remember, with the exception of a few songs, Townshend wrote all the Who's material. this means vocals, guitar, drum and bass. Townshend is also a far supperior techincal player than Edge. Edge is much more about creating atmosphere and color with his guitar. Alas though, I love them both the same!!!

------------------
Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Zooropa FTP

Originally posted by zooropa16:
I was having this same discussion with one of my buddies the other night (we are both U2 and Who nuts). As much as I love Edge, I highly doubt that he could write as well as Townshend. Remember, with the exception of a few songs, Townshend wrote all the Who's material. this means vocals, guitar, drum and bass. Townshend is also a far supperior techincal player than Edge. Edge is much more about creating atmosphere and color with his guitar. Alas though, I love them both the same!!!

Thanks, that's what I was trying to get to, but I'm lazy.

smile.gif

------------------

Just as you find me
Always I will be
A little bit too free
With myself

Back
Top Bottom