Edge to be interviewed on RTE next week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

biff

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Not sure if this has been posted yet.

From U2.com:

Edge In View

'There's something about performing our songs in front of a large crowd which works...' Music, life work and inspiration as RTE's The View Presents... The Edge.

John Kelly of RTÉ's arts show The View, discusses creativity and longevity with Edge next week, in an exclusive one-on-one interview. Edge says that things now are as they were in the beginning, explaining how the four band members have managed to maintain such an unusually cohesive unit for over thirty years.
"Maybe it's because we were friends before we were a band," he says, "so in a sense the friendships were solid, so when it came to those moments of conflicts or difficulty, we kind of were able to skirt around the big conflicts and diffuse the situation and so we're operating in pretty much the same way now as we always did."
Whatever comes with the band's success, everything always comes back to the music - and playing live.
"There's something about performing our songs in front of a large crowd which works and it's to do with the fact I think, that a lot of those people at those shows are there to celebrate not just their favourite band, or a favourite band of theirs, but part of their history, their life and the music they've grown up with, that has meant a lot to them, so in some ways, as much as we're getting applauded, I think people are also applauding themselves and their experiences in their life."

THE VIEW PRESENTS ... The Edge, Monday 31 March 2008, RTE, 11.30 pm

Sounds like a bit of same old same old, but we'll see.

Wow, thanks, should be interesting, I hope someone will be able to catch it. I love to hear Edge talk, He's always so calm and considerate, yet funny.

And I, too, hope he'll give us some news about the new album.

nathan1977 said:
"Edge, let's put this whole issue to rest once and for all. Are you, or are you not, on fire?"

951.jpg

Back
Top Bottom