Edge the Captive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jdelbove

Acrobat
does anyone own the captive soundtrack done by edge I am interested in buying it. Is it worth it. Is it acsessable to a U2 listener to get into. I like passengers but i have listened to clips of the captive on itunes and it sounds a little dated. I think i will get it though. Would be interested to hear anything about it, its recording, did edge play all the instruments?

interested to hear more about it and what you guys think of it

I think it's an awesome album, but if you're not into instrumentals, it's probably not for you. Basically, if you're into UF era b-sides such as Bass Trap, you need the album. I'd honestly rank it as better than some U2 albums, and Rowena's Theme is one of the most stunningly beautiful songs Edge has ever played.

It's great, keeping in mind that much of it is incidental soundtrack music. Edge at his echo-y best and some cool rhythm pieces. Doesn't Larry play on at least one song?

Also of note, the main theme on it is the only vocal track and features a little-known young Irish lass named Sinead O'Conner.

Axver said:
I think it's an awesome album, but if you're not into instrumentals, it's probably not for you. Basically, if you're into UF era b-sides such as Bass Trap, you need the album. I'd honestly rank it as better than some U2 albums, and Rowena's Theme is one of the most stunningly beautiful songs Edge has ever played.

Totally agree with this , Captive is a very great album.
Rowena`s Theme is:drool:

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Carek1230 said:
I have it on my U2 hard drive, my most prized possession (besides my son!) I agree it is awesome. :heart: Bass Trap & Rowena's Theme!
would you care to upload it please? pretty please? pretty pretty princess please with luscious little cherries on top??? :ohmy:

Axver said:
I think it's an awesome album, but if you're not into instrumentals, it's probably not for you. Basically, if you're into UF era b-sides such as Bass Trap, you need the album.

So this for me, UF is my favorite album and Bass Trap is my favorite b-side (UF b-sides = :drool: ), I'll check this out

its on itunes i think and u can get it on amazon for like $7 (but u guys send it if u want I am not one of those just pay the money sharring is bad lol)

I just ordered it on Amazon I needed the hard copy

Back
Top Bottom