Edge Solo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RavenBlue

Blue Crack Addict
If Edge decided to branch off and do a solo tour.. would you go?

I've always thought he has such a lovely voice and I've enjoyed hearing him sing Van Diemans Land and Sunday Bloody Sunday.

:hmm:

Of course id go, probably the only way we could hear Van Diemens Land or Numb live again.

Afterwards I would confront him and tell him to tour with U2 again

I would go, but I can't say for sure whether it would be because of his own considerable talents, or just because it's Edge. :shrug: :edge: :love: I would seriously go to anything any of the guys did if I were able to, just because they are the members of U2 and I love what they do.

Well, I would go, but if such a scenario of an Edge tour ever happened, it would mean that U2 broke up. So it would be with a heavy heart....though I would go to "Art for Art's Sake: An Evening Of Poetry and Dramatic Readings by Lawrence Mullen Jr."

PopFly said:
Well, I would go, but if such a scenario of an Edge tour ever happened, it would mean that U2 broke up. So it would be with a heavy heart....though I would go to "Art for Art's Sake: An Evening Of Poetry and Dramatic Readings by Lawrence Mullen Jr."

:laugh: :laugh:

I'd definitely go! Maybe he'd do Rowena's Theme for us?

PopFly said:

Lmao! Oh God I'd definitely go to your Larry one haha! And yeah course I'd go and see Edge - he's a genius!

PopFly said:

:lmao:

Edge solo:

1. Numb
2. Sunday Bloody Sunday
3. Van Diemen's Land
4. Seconds
5. Summer Rain
6. Promenade
7. Bad
8. Rowena's Theme
9. A Sort Of Homecoming
10. Where The Streets Have No Name
11. Scarlet
12. October
13. New Year's Day
14. Native Son

15. One
16. Wake Up Dead Man
17. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
18. Miracle Drug

19. She's A Mystery To Me
20. If You Wear That Velvet Dress
21. Slow Dancing
22. 40

Imagine all of those, just Edge on vocals, guitar, and piano ... :drool: :drool:

I dunno, Edge does have a great voice but only for back up singing. Van Diemans land really stank and numb's an ok song but only for Bono's falsetto in the middle.

Nah I don't tink I'd bother seeing Edge live as a solo item. It wouldn't seem quite right

i'd definitely go....

wearing a bono shirt :wink:

then i would try to see him after the show and convince, if not force, him to go back with U2.

Of course I'd see him, it's THE EDGE.

That said, I wouldn't want that to happen. I'd much rather see all 4 of my boys.

U2DMfan said:
Chains........no big thing

Axver did you forget a song?

First I forget to put Bullet on JT now I forget Chains on an Edge set ... such a brilliant week for me.

XHendrix24 said:
Only if he did the theme from the Batman cartoon. :wink:
I think he should throw that into the Vertigo Tour once or twice. Opening the show and seguing into "Vertigo," maybe. It's short and sounds cool, so why not?

I'd definitely go if Edge were doing a solo show (or definitely get the boot, anyway), but I don't think he could do a very good job with just old U2 material.

I'd really love to hear a proper Edge solo album (that is, not instrumental), though (with no tour; maybe a few shows supporting it). Wonder who'd be in his backup band, barring any members of U2. Maybe he could pick up a full-time rhythm guitarist for once?

He's good on backup, but by himself....eh...I don't know. It depends on how much the tickets would be, and if I could meet him afterwards.

Is it true that's it's just him signing on Numb? For the whole time?

COBL_04 said:
He's good on backup, but by himself....eh...I don't know. It depends on how much the tickets would be, and if I could meet him afterwards.

Is it true that's it's just him signing on Numb? For the whole time?

The "don't" voice is Edge.

He also does all of Van Diemen's Land, Corpse, and about half of Seconds. He has a verse on Native Son and Miracle Drug. He also did Sunday Bloody Sunday solo on the Popmart Tour - the most gorgeous versions of that song ever. Based on his competence with Van Diemen's Land live on Lovetown and SBS live on Popmart, I'm fully confident an Edge solo show would be awesome.

Don't forget the rockingest version of "Dancing Queen" ever. I no longer have an ass, having had it rocked clean off by one Mr. The Edge.

jonnytakeawalk said:
I dunno, Edge does have a great voice but only for back up singing. Van Diemans land really stank and numb's an ok song but only for Bono's falsetto in the middle.

Nah I don't tink I'd bother seeing Edge live as a solo item. It wouldn't seem quite right

Van Diemans land ROCKS! GREAT GREAT LYRICS!!!

typhoon said:
Don't forget the rockingest version of "Dancing Queen" ever. I no longer have an ass, having had it rocked clean off by one Mr. The Edge.

One of my favorite posts I've ever seen here.

Bravo! :applaud:

Back
Top Bottom