Edge singing on the new LP?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edgette

ONE love, blood, life
Does anyone know for sure if he's singing lead on this album? I've heard that he was singing on 'Full Metal Jacket' but now I hear he's not. I think he has a better voice than Bono. *start flaming now* But maybe I'm just biased. :wink:

I would just really like to hear him sing again. The last proper song he did was 'Van Dieman's Land'. 'Numb' doesn't count really because he was mumbling more than anything else. I still love it though.

His voice is just gorgeous, I'd like to hear more of it. I literally cried during the last tour when he sang at the end of 'Stuck' and also 'In A Little While' (my favorite U2 song).

Anyway, I just hope he's singing. lol.

:wave:

enajh2 said:
I can't believe you haven't mentioned Sunday Bloody Sunday at Sarajevo!! ;)

I wasn't counting live stuff really. Though I loved how he sang SBS. And the whole kareoke thing during Popmart was brilliant. "Love You Love" is such a catchy little song. :D

I agree that I enjoy listening to the rare Edge-on-lead-vocals U2 song. But I wouldn't go so far as to say I'd rather hear Edge than Bono. If that were the case, we might as well lock Bono up in a cage and let him churn out lyrics all day and hand them off to the other three guys. No, this is a four-piece band and while Edge does have a nice voice, I think he's made it clear that he prefers being the musical force behind the band rather than a front man. However, one song featuring Edge on lead from the new album would definitely be a welcome addition.

Lemon Lover said:
I agree that I enjoy listening to the rare Edge-on-lead-vocals U2 song. But I wouldn't go so far as to say I'd rather hear Edge than Bono. If that were the case, we might as well lock Bono up in a cage and let him churn out lyrics all day and hand them off to the other three guys. No, this is a four-piece band and while Edge does have a nice voice, I think he's made it clear that he prefers being the musical force behind the band rather than a front man. However, one song featuring Edge on lead from the new album would definitely be a welcome addition.

No no, don't get me wrong I love Bono and his voice seems to be in top form these days. I wouldn't want Edge singing every song. But one would be nice. :yes:

Edgette said:

Hey no teasing now. ;) :hug: Hope you're feeling a bit better

I wasn't teasing at all. Maybe yesterday I would have been but not today :sexywink:

After a combination of sinus pills, listening to Vertigo nonstop all day :drool:, some shots of whiskey :)shrug: hey my parents had a dinner party and everyone else was doing it so why not....:tsk: don't mix sinus pills and whiskey, it makes you :drunk: incredibly fast.) and of course The Edge posting on blue crack has made me feel so much better. Thanks for the :hug:

Hehe. It would be nice if he did reply. :wink:

:hug: I'm glad you're feeling better. :down: Evil sinus. And whiskey probably cures a lot of things.

In the leak of "Miracle Drug" there was a part after the guitar solo with Edge singing that sounded great...:wink:

Well, if I could host the file somewhere for you I would, but alas, I don't have the means. :(

I have to say, even though I'm such a Bonogoober, I would love to hear Edge sing more. Man I love Van Diemen's Land - wasn't that originally meant for Bono? I thought I heard that somewhere.......
Anyway, I have to agree with Edgette, the ending of 'In a Little While' really got me too - nevermind the ending of 'Stuck' .... :drool: And yes, every other song that Edge has added his voice too has been brilliant.

Edge has the smoother voice overall, but Bono is the face of the band, the image of U2 is a reflection of the image of Bono, so I think it wouldn't make sense for Edge to lead-sing any songs unless its a one-of-a-kind type of thing like van diemen's land in rattle & hum, sunday bloody sunday during popmart, or experimental like numb

eep said:
I have to say, even though I'm such a Bonogoober, I would love to hear Edge sing more. Man I love Van Diemen's Land - wasn't that originally meant for Bono? I thought I heard that somewhere.......
Anyway, I have to agree with Edgette, the ending of 'In a Little While' really got me too - nevermind the ending of 'Stuck' .... :drool: And yes, every other song that Edge has added his voice too has been brilliant.

:up:

And yeah, I think he wanted Bono to sing Van Dieman's. Though I am glad Edge wound up singing it.

Heh, you had to practically hold me up during Stuck. If he sings a whole song on his own I don't know what I'm going to do. :crazy:

Edgette said:

Heh, you had to practically hold me up during Stuck. If he sings a whole song on his own I don't know what I'm going to do. :crazy:

:hug: Yes.....yes I did. You're lucky you're little and I can hold you up like that. Dibs on your right side for the next tour!!!

eep said:

:hug: Yes.....yes I did. You're lucky you're little and I can hold you up like that. Dibs on your right side for the next tour!!!

:hug: :lmao: You're lucky you're just taller than me. (Stop being taller than me!) And of course you get my right side. It's weird when you're at my left. I think that's why when we saw the Corrs I felt awkward.

Oh man, I would... uh... love it A LOT if he did.

[Actually was talking about this with a mate earlier today :eyebrow: - of course, the language I used wasn't quite so simple. :wink:]

Back
Top Bottom