Edge Singing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2er

Refugee
Anyone have the version of Edge singing SBS? Isn't it beautiful?
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Whenever you see this kind of darkness, there is an extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter." -Bono

"Don't forget to fasten your condom.." -Steve Martin, Father of the Bride

u2er@u2email.com

Oh wow, it's so beautiful!! I love it so much!!

------------------
Q: What did U2 use for power instead of electricity to create their albums?

A: Up until Rattle & Hum, all of the U2 albums were recorded by harnessing the power of fermenting potatoes to symbolize um, the plight of Ireland.

Sifl: No way.

Olly: I know.

-The Sifl & Olly Show

Yes I've got that one.

I love edge's voice!

------------------
The wind will crack in winter time
No spoken words, just a scream

My Lair

Hey Discoteque...SBS was performed by The Edge several times on the Popmart Tour, most noted from Mexico City, and documented on the video Popmart Live from Mexico City, as well as most highlighted from Sarajevo on September 23, 1997, and is on the "If God Will Send His Angels" single, which also includes Slow Dancing with Wille Nelson, Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad, the song written for and about Frank Sinatra, and lastly, SBS from Sarajevo, with the Edge doing just vocals and guitar.

Chris

[This message has been edited by spanisheyes (edited 02-24-2002).]

Let's not forget Edge's heart wrenching cover of the Monkee's hit song "Day Dream Believer"
which he sung on the Pop Mart Tour.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

LOL, don't forget Sweet Caroline! Captivating...
Seriously, I love his voice, it can be so... plaintive. I hope he sings a solo song on the next album.
biggrin.gif

LOL at your sig SloMo! "If your like me you wake up in the middle of the night screaming, WHERE ARE ALL THOSE CORPSES!!!!?"

EDGE IS SINGING!?! Good lawd I had no idea there were other songs out there besides Numb and VDL!!!

Does anyone have these in MP3 format?

Me likey likey edgie-wedgie-poo-poo's voice...

Fishy <><

------------------
The Macphisto Society
Being Bad Never Looked So Good

Wednesday + MPS = NAKED TIME!!!

"Except it may have been Care Bears" ~Opal

I love when Edge sings Suspicious Minds...

------------------
Show a little faith
There's magic in the night

Or Dancing Queen.

Originally posted by mocool12:
LOL, don't forget Sweet Caroline! Captivating...
Seriously, I love his voice, it can be so... plaintive. I hope he sings a solo song on the next album.
biggrin.gif

LOL at your sig SloMo! "If your like me you wake up in the middle of the night screaming, WHERE ARE ALL THOSE CORPSES!!!!?"

ok, I have a funny story about the Edge version of SBS. A coworker of mine who knows I'm a big U2 fan was telling me that he had a Radiohead cover of a U2 song on mp3 that I should really listen to. So he emailed it to me, and whaddaya know? What he thought was Radiohead was really Edge and his geetar.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
What he thought was Radiohead was really Edge and his geetar.
biggrin.gif

It probably wasn't him that thought it was Radiohead.. it was probably just titled that way. There's actually tons of differently named acoustic SBSs floating around on file sharing programs because i guess people figure it isn't U2 and guess about who it might be instead.

he's a great guitar player
one of a kind

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

yep, I'm sure that was the case, Skeekster. Twas quite humourous and almost disappointing to me tho. Here I was all excited about hearing Radiohead cover U2! oh well.

Sad to say it, i know, but during the war album, I have a hard time distingushing between bono and edge's voices, especially during seconds.

Originally posted by President Stupid:
I thought he did the whole thing...?

Haven't played it in a while but I think:

Verse 1 - Edge
Verse 2 - Edge
Verse 3 - Bono (USSR, DDR, London, New York, Peking...)
Verse 4 - Both.

------------------
I don't know you, and you don't know the half of it.

Back
Top Bottom