Edge says Pats should start Bledsoe!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hewson

Blue Crack Supplier
Channel 7 news in Boston just showed clip of U2 Superbowl press conference.
Bono made his usual statements about 9/11 etc., then Edge went to the podium and addressed the Patriots' QB situation.
(Paraphrasing)"Drew Bledsoe has the stronger arm for the deep passes, and Tom Brady's ankle might not be healed."
His comments drew(pun intended) a lot of laughter from the reporters.

------------------
The joker is the best card.

Edge is a football fan? Alright Edge! The man keeps gettin' better and better, though his opinion is probably wrong, hehe.....

Edge is so cool....what a sense of humour
biggrin.gif

Think we'll see that press conference in other parts of the States or was U2 shown since they have such a big following in the NE?????

Really? Wow, that's cool. I mean, I disagree with him, but it's a well-thought out point and all. The Edge rulez!

------------------
Change is the only constant

"It's a strange thing," Bono said about the difference between football and music. "If you're in a rock band and you play these venues, every night you win. It's an odd thing to go into a crowd at the Super Bowl and realize that half of the crowd is going to go home in tears."

Don't know about you but I never left a U2 show w/ dry eyes!!

------------------
I need something strong to distract my mind
I'm gonna look at you 'til my eyes go blind

Take Me...Higher
Macphisto: Try A Taste Of Martini

"The way I might look at you" ~Adam

It's hard for me to articulate how wonderful it is for me to see U2 embracing the NFL. I was a maniacal football fan long before I knew who U2 were. My two obsessions colliding in one gigantic spectacle, this is so cool!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

"The fact that U2 is from Ireland and there is a significant Irish population in Boston would lead some to believe the band is pulling for the Patriots.

'Well, it sounds easy,' Bono said. 'But as you know, or maybe you don't know, the Edge used to babysit for Kurt Warner.'"

------------------
Change is the only constant

Edge was also asked, "what makes this trip to New orleans different from the last?"

Edge replied, "This time we've sold out!"

Funny Edge!

Saw some more clips last night on Fox Sports channel...a couple of funny ones:
Bono at the podium said: "You've all seen the Heisman pose, now here's the Hewson pose", and stepped off to the side, holding a football and did his typical Bono, one leg raised pose.
Then a guy from Fox sports asked "Mr. Bono" if he had written "Sunday Bloody Sunday" after watching the Bears beat the Patriots 46-10 in Superbowl XX in 1986. (We all know SBS was around long before the Bears did the "Superbowl Shuffle)

Funny stuff.

------------------
The joker is the best card.

[This message has been edited by Hewson (edited 01-31-2002).]

Bono is a Packers fan??? Wow, I knew I loved this band for some reason.

------------------
"You gotta love living, baby, 'cause dyin's a pain in the ass."-- Frank Sinatra

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

Back
Top Bottom