Edge is Brilliant!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

firstlove

The Fly
I was just listening to Miracle drug (for the thousandth time) and have realized just how amazing Edge's solo is gonna be live!!!
Does anyone else think this? I mean . . its wonderful on the record, so now imagine it live!

MD is great, but I heard the Brooklyn concert the other day and his guitar work in COBL live is going to be incredible!!!

I would have liked to have that greatness also on the album, not just live. Why they don't just record a "live" album in the studio, BEFORE doing it out?!

I think hearing Miracle Drug on this tour is going to be that one Zen-like moment in the show. Edge's solo, his verse, and the final chorus are just too good. Too good, even for U2. It should be a crime.:|

Edge has always been my favourite member of U2...and in my opinion the main reason that U2 has sounded fresh to my ears.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
I thought this thread was about the two Guinness Guys....my bad.:(

OMG, I love those guys. Those are some of the funniest commercials around. HAHA, BRILLIANT!

The Edge is brilliant. :wink: His work on HTDAAB is great. I particularly like some of the crazier stuff he came up with on Love and Peace or Else. I think that's one of the fuzzier tones I've ever heard him use.

Just a pity he wasn't allowed to shine on Original of the Species. :( You can hear some great stuff in the background, but it all gets overshadowed by the strings and such.

This is the moment of the live show I am looking most forward to, if I go to a show that is.

Back to real crux of this thread, I absolutely loved the CD:UK version of this song (even though the instruments were mimed). I think that the whole part from Edge's solo to Edge's vocal back to Bono is going to be a show stopper!!

Man, I LOVE Edge's new mini guitar slide. Just listen to all the slide guitar on this album, ahh it's bursting with slide-infused goodness! I love how he has a l'il custom made one that he can wear and use to play chords and notes at the same time.

Now that's BRILLIANT.

Adds a whole new dynamic to his style if you ask me :D

As a guitarist, I think Edge is sooo underated. For example, he took things that Gilmour only did every few songs and Edge just molded it into every single song. His talent is very underated in the biz I think.

His talent is very underated in the biz I think.

I agree! The Edge is the Bomb!

Underrated???? many people could say the same for Bono! I'm a HUGE Bono fan, believe me but what you could say for one member (of U2) can apply for all the rest! remember "every artist is a cannibal, every poet a thief, all kill their inspiration, and sing about the grief"

oops, that was meant for stars go blue, and Aardvark747. I still haven't gotten the hang of quoting and what not

what i like the most of edge is that he can always pull the very best out of the songs playing them live. we can only look forward to what the tour will be, all the songs of the album have the right potential to have a much stronger power, emotionally and musically........the 2005 tour will be the event of the year, i'm not saying this just with the mouth of a stainless fan, but with the ears of someone that wasn't hearing "really good music" since many years. in their concerts U2 always penetrate into the veins, their music flows within the blood, they give such irresistible adrenaline and everytime they go out for a tour it seems that they're the only band running around the world, it seems that all the other bands just vanish in the air..........and edge is the spinal column, yeah, edge is brilliant.....

Back
Top Bottom