Edge guests with Dave Matthews Band @ Jazzfest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ElectricalVoice said:
Cool. But I just wonder... didn't Dave Matthews Band "hate" U2? I thought I remember that. Maybe it was someone else.

Actually Dave says he loves U2 especially live. He got to see them for the first time at VH1 awards when U2 played Beautiful Day. He has been a big fan ever since.

yeah.....dave, stefan, boyd, leroi, carter the best drummer ever!
but you're right. not many ppl know them here =) my friend brought some CDs from US...that's why I know them and I LOVE THEM !!!!

How on earth did Edge fare with a jam-band of skilled musicians like DMB? I mean, yeah, DMB sucks, but did Edge just play two notes over and over again through the hwole song?

Canadiens1160 said:
did Edge just play two notes over and over again through the hwole song?

I don't know - haven't seen it. But Edge playing 3 notes sounds better than DMB playing 30.

Canadiens1160 said:
How on earth did Edge fare with a jam-band of skilled musicians like DMB? I mean, yeah, DMB sucks, but did Edge just play two notes over and over again through the hwole song?

Yes. Edge only know one chord (Em), and he only knows how to hit one string at a time (maybe two if he really concentrates), so there are five musicians belove stage who tells Edge when a Em is played in the song (which is about two times in 5 minutes), and then Edge hits one string (or two if lucky).

Thanks for the link, Edgette. Cool videoes.

Canadiens1160 said:

Didn't you just contradict yourself?

gherman said:

It says your from slovakia... Do you even know who DMB is?

It says you're from the US ... do you want to encourage the stereotype of Americans being ignorant morons? Because if you do, keep making stupid posts like the one I've quoted.

Dave has always been a U2 fan. In "Step Into the Light," an unofficial biography of DMB, the biographer writes about flipping through Dave's CD collections in the early 90's, and he enumerates the U2 catalogue among Dave's collection.

On a slightly off-topic note, I have always thought DMB could do a killer cover of "Desire."

Axver said:

It says you're from the US ... do you want to encourage the stereotype of Americans being ignorant morons? Because if you do, keep making stupid posts like the one I've quoted.

Why don't you kiss my ass.

People outside the U.S. don't know who DMB is for the most part. Don't start shit w/ me.

I haven't picked on you.

I know who DMB is and I'm not from the US. :shrug: Dave Matthews was only born in my home country...

GibsonGirl said:
I know who DMB is and I'm not from the US. :shrug: Dave Matthews was only born in my home country...

Would you know who he is if you didn't live in... oh say Canada.

I've lived in Germany, Austria, Italy and I was born in Canada. Most people outside of the U.S. and Canada don't know who the DMB are. Canada wouldn't know who they are except for the fact they border the U.S. or may be the Tea Pary said they liked DMB:shrug: I don't know. Ask ivi he/she will probably tell you that most people there don't know who they are... actually if you read the post he/she did:|

gherman said:

I've lived in Germany, Austria, Italy and I was born in Canada. Most people outside of the U.S. and Canada don't know who the DMB are. Canada wouldn't know who they are except for the fact they border the U.S. or may be the Tea Pary said they liked DMB:shrug: I don't know. Ask ivi he/she will probably tell you that most people there don't know who they are... actually if you read the post he/she did:|

Maybe you didn't know but Dave is from South Africa...

gherman said:

For fuck's sake. I'm South African. I knew about Dave Matthews before I moved to Canada.

:banghead:

BonoVoxSupastar said:

He was born there... he moved when he was 18 after his dad died. Was he big then? When did you move to Canada? Are you Canadien or South African? Do people in South Africa play Dave Matthews on the streets?

You know GibsonGirl I'm sorry If I pissed you off. I'm not going to argue with you. I just get heated up when pricks like Axver say shit like that after I post a question not even directed at that dick head. I appologize to you.

doctorwho said:

I never thought of you that way... maybe a regular bitch, but not a sanctimonious one.

*snicker* :lol:

:sexywink:

:lmao:

I guess I still have work to do then. Gotta make sure everyone knows about the sanctimonious part. I mean anyone can be a bitch, but it takes serious skill to be a sanctimonious one. :wink:

(besides, I'm actually getting good at spelling it. :yes: )

BonoVoxSupastar said:

woooow......I was in Tunisia last summer and I really like Africa! Great you're from there! (esp. Dave is from there and he comes back often! :) )

about DMB! There really is a problem that DMB is knowen mostly in US! But in some countries you can see or hear DMB in TV and Radio! In UK for sure and I've heard one interview with Dave from Holland radio....

But as I wrote before.....in Slovakia ppl really doesn't know DMB! Just some ppl who were in US and told the others about so great band :)

and that really sucks cuz I cant see them live! :(

Canadiens1160 said:

I know this is a U2 board and I am a biased DMB fan, but I am interested as to why you believe DMB sucks? Is it the fact that you just don't like the music?

Back
Top Bottom