Edge gets to sing the best part of the song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really like his vocal on Van Diemens Land...

'..but a day will come......in this dawning age....when an honest man.......sees an honest wage....':drool:

One day U2 will break up (I know, very distressing), but I would really love to hear an Edge solo album (not that old boring soundtrack). I think it would be much better than a Bono solo album. Though it would be cool to have both artists release solo albums and compare. :wink:

Edit: Just had a thought. Maybe release both solo albums together, similar to OutKast's Speakerboxxx/The Love Below.

Last edited:
I love the way Edge closes his eyes and make this move with his head when he hits the high notes.. :yes: Van Diemen´s land is too beautiful and numb is SO cool :lol: the video especially!

Re: Re: Edge gets to sing the best part of the song

popmart86 said:

he sang in md?! what part?

Let's not start this argument again. It is the 'Beneath the noise' verse after the solo.

Start this argument? Looks like they were just asking a question.

Yeah Edge sings:

Beneath the noise
Below the din
I hear a voice
It's whispering
In science and in medicine
I was a stranger
You took me in

It's my favorite part of the song. :heart: Can't wait to hear it on tour.

neutral said:
Start this argument? Looks like they were just asking a question.

I know, it wasn't directed at the question, more out of fear of the argument starting again by referencing that Edge actually sings in the song. No offense, should have phrased my reply better.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Re: Edge gets to sing the best part of the song

TheRooster said:

Where is this argument located?

There were several threads about it back in November and December. Sorry, I don't have a link. A lot of people were insisting that Bono sings the entire song. Once people starting looking at the song credits and hearing the live radio performances, I think it was finally settled to be Edge.

I never should have mentioned the argument, as I am now the main one talking about it. :wink:

neutral said:

It's my favorite part of the song.

Mine too! The lyrics are great...they meld together perfectly. And Edge's singing is top notch. :up:

namkcuR said:
Um..where in 'Sometimes' does Edge sing? Or did you mean 'Stuck'?

The falsetto in Sometimes is a combination of Edge and Bono singing, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it is mostly Edge carrying it.

I was listening to Stuck In A Moment (acoustic version) yesterday and the vocals were more clear than in the album version. Anyway, it sounds like Edge sings the lines 'And if the night runs over...."? Am I right?

Also, just listened to MD again. It's amazing how much like Bono, he sounds in the 'Beneath the noise..." part.

Zootlesque said:
I was listening to Stuck In A Moment (acoustic version) yesterday and the vocals were more clear than in the album version. Anyway, it sounds like Edge sings the lines 'And if the night runs over...."? Am I right?

Also, just listened to MD again. It's amazing how much like Bono, he sounds in the 'Beneath the noise..." part.

yes, that is edge singing that particular part in Stuck......

and i must confess, it was only the third or fourth time of listening that i realised it was Edge singing that verse in Miracle Drug. I also think he sounds similar to Bono in 'Seconds'.

I would never have guessed it's Edge singing that part in MD without you guys saying so...even now listening to it I can feel it's different but mostly it just seems like a less nasally bono voice to me, at least for the first 20 times listening hard to it.
Now I'll have to go and listen to the 'stuck' part as well..
IT would indeed be interesting to me to hear songs (Numb doesn't count imo, since it's more spoken than sung) done more completely by The Edge, because with just these harmonies or little tidbits it feels like his voice is just *so* similar to Bono's it kinda weirds me out...just less nasally and a little less of the depth and gravelly bottom of bono's..

cheers!

If you still can't tell on MD, listen to it with headphones. That's what made me a believer.

MD live

neutral said:
I didn't realize it was Edge singing that part on Miracle Drug until I watched the CDUK performance, and I'd already listened to it 4567676 times by then. :|

So you saw that? What do you think of the potential for MD live? I like it on the album, but for some reason, it just didn't come off too good live. Granted, I've only heard them play MD live one time, and U2 is the best at taking difficult songs and changing them just so to make them even better live.

Still, I've heard ABOY, Vertigo, and Sometimes played live and they seemed a lot easier for the band than M.D. Do you have a live version of MD? I only got one listen, and when I go back and listen to SNL and the Grammies, I realize that those live performances were very good after several listens. If you do have MD live, many thanks if I could have several more listens mvru2@yahoo.com.

I thought that CDUK performance was pretty rough, really don't like watching it that much. :slant: Hopefully the version I just sent, which is from the 11-16-2004 Radio One show, will give you more hope though. :D

Let me know what you think. I really love the intro with Bono telling the story of Christopher Nolan. :heart:

Back
Top Bottom