Edge as Producer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spinninghead77

Refugee
Has anyone else thought that perhaps 'the Edge' would be producing the new album? I know that Enos/Lanois/Lillywhite, have all been thrown around as possibilities, but there has been no confirmation of anything yet. 'the Edge' has recieved producer credits on other albums, and I know that he is trying to take a more active role on other sides of the business.

What do you think???

------------------
Official Dog-Walker of the ScottPhisto Society

I don't mean to be arrogant, but ...I do feel that we are meant to be one of the great groups. - Bono, Rolling Stone, 1981

Being THE producer brings with it a whole other level of responsibility and stress. Not to mention that U2 needs "outsiders" to mediate a bit in the production end. They as a band seem to work well when pushed by producers such as Eno and Lanois to stretch themselves. I think that if Edge took over the production, it would mess up the balance of the band. Obviously he has a great deal of talent in producing and he does a lot of help with it, and I think that's great. But I would be doubtful of him taking on the entire job of being the solo producer. Interesting question.
smile.gif

if edge wants to do a little bit of producing, i'm sure it won't hurt. but if he wants a large role, then the whole band should take a large role.

------------------
)|( Vande )|(

"Rock 'n' roll is a term that's been heavily abused. It's not
something you can buy in a record shop. It's an attitude." -Adam

"And I wear grey underwear." -Bono

Everyday can be a beautiful day. Don't let it get away.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

It?s cold outside, but brightly lit...

I seem to remember a thread along these lines a month or so ago...anyhow, it's an interesting idea, but I don't think that edge will be THE producer for the reasons stated above.

I think he would be a great producer for other bands...I could see him producing a Coldplay album....

I actually think Larry would make a great producer as well...

Back
Top Bottom