Edge a stingy tipper!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No idea if this is true or not, of course...and it really doesn't change anything for me...but it does make me wonder...

Guys, would you be more embarrassed about the general public finding out that you are a bad tipper or that you ordered a melon martini? :lol:

CTU2fan said:
Since when is a $2 tip for a drink stingy? What, because he's The Edge and can afford it? OK that's cool...so when my broke ass goes to some club I guess I can get in for no cover and get nickel Guinness because I'm poor, right? No? Didn't think so. So STFU.

Bingo.

A MELON martini???? :yuck: lawd Edge, that's gross!

:tsk: fail... really big fail...

:wink: and yes, it's common knowledge that Bono and Edge never carry cash.... or at least small change, since Bono gave a homeless guy who was standing next to the Clarence a 100 euros note last year with christmas... or could've been the year before....
but it's been said in a couple of interviews and I think in Bill Flanagan's book that the melodic half of the band rarely have cash on them...

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
The revelations uncovered in this thread have saddened me greatly. :sad:

I assume by "revelation" you mean that Edge drinks melon martinis?

xaviMF22 said:
fuck the Edge

I'm sure a few plebans would love to. :wink:

Come on folks, EVERYONE knows the best person to kick back and share a brew with is Adam.

rihannsu said:
And was Edge supposed to tip the guy for the free drinks?

Wait, the waiter bought Edge a drink and not the other way around AND the waiter got a tip ?

:huh:

friend of mine used to work in a high class motel in Sydney city where Edge was staying.

this is back in late 80s when they toured here

anyway the guy was in the elevator goign down when Edge got in.

Edge asked how his night has been and my friend said going great and "having a nice birthday" (was friend birthday that day")

edge said " happy birthday" and pulled out a wad of cash and gave him $500 :)

AchtungTiger said:
friend of mine used to work in a high class motel in Sydney city where Edge was staying.

Edge asked how his night has been and my friend said going great and "having a nice birthday" (was friend birthday that day")

awe that's a great story

AchtungTiger said:

as great as this sounds... I am not buying it...:|

unico said:
i bet the dude didn't spend the $500 on melon martinis.

Indeed. I have this mental picture of Edge acting like J.D. from Scrubs now, and it's really not the way I'd like to picture Edge acting at a bar.

Diemen said:

Indeed. I have this mental picture of Edge acting like J.D. from Scrubs now, and it's really not the way I'd like to picture Edge acting at a bar.

I'm glad i'm not alone! I see "melon martini" and think of JD ordering an appletini. :lol:

The Sad Punk said:

But isn't it "common knowledge" that Adam doesn't drink these days?

:sad:

....which is why he's the best to "share" a beer with. :yes: Adam = 0%, me = 100% of Guinness goodness! :drunk:

Back
Top Bottom