Earth Sky Sea and Rain - The Atmosphere Mix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Okay, per Bebe's prompting :flirt: :wink: here's my first attempt at an 'atmosphere' mix...

Earth Sky Sea and Rain
  1. The Unforgettable Fire
  2. Promenade
  3. 4th Of July
  4. The Ocean
  5. Drowning Man
  6. Surrender
  7. October
  8. Scarlet
  9. Deep In The Heart
  10. Love Comes Tumbling
  11. Walk To The Water
  12. Heartland
  13. Elvis Presley And America
  14. Bass Trap
  15. Running To Stand Still
  16. One Tree Hill
  17. Exit
  18. MLK
    [/list=1]
    I particularly enjoyed including that haunting guitar of Surrender and the distant wafting sound of Drowning Man.

Didn't include Three Sunrises because except for the intro, it's a little too loud to be atmospheric.

I simply could not fit in 90s & 00s candidates such as Velvet Dress, First Time, Trying to Throw, Your Blue Room, When I Look, Grace, One Step Closer, Beach Sequence etc. Wouldn't fit in with the 80s mood! Maybe those will require a list of their own! :hyper:

Zootlesque said:

Didn't include Three Sunrises because except for the intro, it's a little too loud to be atmospheric.

Yeah, and Exit isn't loud at all...:wink: I wouldn't really call One Tree Hill all that "atmospheric" either, but that's just me :shrug:

That's good Zoot, but I guess it's a little too 80's-centric for me. I'll try it sometime though.

Okay, try this for a TOTALLY CHILL U2 mix.

1. Slug
2. Your Blue Room
3. If You Wear That Velvet Dress
4. Promenade
5. 4th of July
6. Walk to the Water
7. Bass Trap
8. Stateless
9. When I Look at the World
10. Endless Deep
11. The Ocean
12. Tryin' to Throw Your Arms Around the World
13. The Playboy Mansion
14. In a Little While
15. The First Time
16. October
17. One Step Closer
18. MLK
19. Mercy

It's atmospheric, but it's also got their groove songs - Tryin', Playboy, and IALW. They totally fit the description of "chill" :wink: and no, I couldn't resist putting on Mercy for a more upbeat ending.

Zootlesque said:
Okay, per Bebe's prompting :flirt: :wink:

:flirt:

I like both of your lists -- they're both very different but achieve its purpose. to use equal parts '80s/90s/00s and maintain a flow does seem to be a difficult task.

I want to put together an atmosphere mix, too--it'll have to be later on though, when I'm not so incredibly sleepy... the atmospherics may just knock me out right now :yawn:

Zootlesque said:
Earth Sky Sea and Rain
  1. The Unforgettable Fire
  2. Promenade
  3. 4th Of July
  4. The Ocean
  5. Drowning Man
  6. Surrender
  7. October
  8. Scarlet
  9. Deep In The Heart
  10. Love Comes Tumbling
  11. Walk To The Water
  12. Heartland
  13. Elvis Presley And America
  14. Bass Trap
  15. Running To Stand Still
  16. One Tree Hill
  17. Exit
  18. MLK
    [/list=1]

1. Great list!! I'd add All I want is you and Mothers of the dissapeared though

I simply could not fit in 90s & 00s candidates such as Velvet Dress, First Time, Trying to Throw, Your Blue Room, When I Look, Grace, One Step Closer, Beach Sequence etc. Wouldn't fit in with the 80s mood! Maybe those will require a list of their own! :hyper:

:drool:

Re: Re: Earth Sky Sea and Rain - The Atmosphere Mix

AtomicBono said:

Yeah, and Exit isn't loud at all...:wink: I wouldn't really call One Tree Hill all that "atmospheric" either, but that's just me :shrug:

That's good Zoot, but I guess it's a little too 80's-centric for me. I'll try it sometime though.

Okay, try this for a TOTALLY CHILL U2 mix.

1. Slug
2. Your Blue Room
3. If You Wear That Velvet Dress
4. Promenade
5. 4th of July
6. Walk to the Water
7. Bass Trap
8. Stateless
9. When I Look at the World
10. Endless Deep
11. The Ocean
12. Tryin' to Throw Your Arms Around the World
13. The Playboy Mansion
14. In a Little While
15. The First Time
16. October
17. One Step Closer
18. MLK
19. Mercy

It's atmospheric, but it's also got their groove songs - Tryin', Playboy, and IALW. They totally fit the description of "chill" :wink: and no, I couldn't resist putting on Mercy for a more upbeat ending.

:up: Excellent! I especially like the addition of Mercy at the end.

ok, I'm finally not tired :lol: so as promised, here's my atmosphere mix:

Babe, It Must Be Artmosphere :cool:

1) Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk
2) Walk to the Water
3) Plot 180
4) Drowning Man
5) Beach Sequence
6) The First Time
7) The Ocean
8) If You Wear That Velvet Dress
9) Love Comes Tumbling
10) Running to Stand Still
11) Promenade
12) Bad
13) Heartland
14) October
15) Slow Dancing
16) Endless Deep
17) Love Is Blindness

I tried to get a decent mix of the eras, I wasn't 100% successful though--looking back at it I don't have a single song from the '00s, haha--oops. I'm particular fond of the transition between 1 & 2.

This was fun :happy:

Re: Re: Earth Sky Sea and Rain - The Atmosphere Mix

AtomicBono said:

haha yeah, i agree...and i must say Surrender isn't really one i'd call 'atmospheric'

Nice lists, you guys! :up:

Bebe, I see you included Endless Deep. I knew I forgot something! :wink:

AtomicBono, see... I would've put Playboy Mansion in there too if it was a chillout mix but mine's strictly atmospheric, not necessarily played in a lounge. ;)

By the way, I included Surrender because I really think Edge's guitar creates an eerie atmosphere there! Picture the backdrop of a big city like NYC where it's easy to feel lonely and become suicidal. It's surreal how Surrender creates that atmosphere!

And Exit is all about atmosphere! :drool:

If I'd been too technical about the term, the album would be full of tracks like Grace, One Step Closer, First Time, Ocean, October, 4th of July etc. :no:

Back
Top Bottom