early tracklist for ATYCLB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clawgrabber

War Child
Los Angeles, California (There Is No End To Love)
i don't know if anyone can help me, but before ATYCLB came out, the tracklist was leaked,

but before they released it edge (some may recall) petitioned the boys for a last minute reset in the running order of songs, and we got the album we have today...

there used to be old websites and pages that still listed the original tracklist, but i cannot find it anymore...

can anyone help?

i seem to recall Elevation being track 2 and Peace on Earth and New York coming earlier on the album, but i may be mistaken about that part.

atyclbtracklist4hn.gif
:kiss:

God, I hated that site. THE ROOM ISN'T EVEN GREEN. WTF.

Remember when people leaked the snippets by guessing the file names?

I would've preferred that to the real ATYCLB tracklist

who made the original one? Bono or Edge?

typhoon said:
God, I hated that site. THE ROOM ISN'T EVEN GREEN. WTF.

Man I wish I had been more into U2 back then...sounds like that was fun... I had been sort of out of my U2 obsession for awhile until I heard Beautiful Day on the radio...my obsession hasn't gone away since :drool:

That tracklist might be better...I don't know. I really think Walk On should be the album closer. I mean, it just makes sense, you know? And I like New York as the second to last track... I dunno, I think they could have done better with the track order, but I listened to ATYCLB today and damn that is one good album.

AtomicBono said:

I listened to ATYCLB today and damn that is one good album.

Is it better than War, The Unforgettable Fire, The Joshua Tree, Rattle And Hum, Achtung Baby, Zooropa or Pop? :wink:

typhoon said:

haha that was awesome.
I remember they said on U2.com "we will preview two songs a week until the album is released" or whatever.

That day someone just said, "hey what if I changed beautifulday.html (or whatever) to kite.html and they did and we got all of them on the first day.

Really, sort of lame on U2.com's part to think the fans couldn't figure that out. Maybe they didn't care, who knows.

Danny Boy said:

:cute:

Memories :heart:

I was on dial-up at the time. It costed me a fortune to go in there several times every day checking for updates.....it didn't help that the site was incredibly slow, too :huh:

It was really cranky, but I loved that site. There was something completely NON commerical about it.

Plus there was a studio webcam as well!!!! I can't believe they got rid of that.

Ellay said:
It was really cranky, but I loved that site. There was something completely NON commerical about it.

Plus there was a studio webcam as well!!!! I can't believe they got rid of that.

Remember when Pop finished, and they just had that stand-up of Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry staring at you? That was awesome.

Seriously -- I never really got the webcam thing. Maybe I was always screwed by the time-change thing, but I never really saw anything of interest.

I can see how that original tracklist would work. I'll have to give that a try later tonight!

People may have a hard time listening to that original tracklisting for the first time objectively now, because you're so used to the release version.

All I can say is that I listened to both versions when the album came out, and came to the conclusion pretty quickly that the original had the better flow to it. I put my burned copy in the case, shelved my real ATYCLB disc, and haven't touched it since.

I'

Back
Top Bottom