Early morning April 4...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eviltwin

The Fly
I usually play day-related-songs whenever I remember, so today obviously started with Pride, I might play MLK later today.

New Year's Day is also a no-brainer.
TUF lends itself to August 6 or 9.

Does anybody else have this habit?
Any suggestion for other days?

I think he got back from a very late meeting dealing with a garbage workers' strike, hence early morning. But I'll have a look to make certain.

(Edit, from
nobelprize.org

"On the evening of April 4, 1968, while standing on the balcony of his motel room in Memphis, Tennessee, where he was to lead a protest march in sympathy with striking garbage workers of that city, he was assassinated." )

from Wikipedia

"King was assassinated the next morning, April 4, 1968, on the balcony of the Lorraine Motel in Memphis, Tennessee, while preparing to lead a local march in support of the heavily-black Memphis sanitation workers' union. Friends inside the apartment heard the shot fired and ran to the balcony to find King shot in the jaw. He was pronounced dead several hours later."

So which is it?

Last edited:
Christmas (baby please come home), on Christmas eve and christmas day.

New Year's Day on the holiday itself, of course
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) pretty much throughout the month of December.
Tomorrow on the anniversary of someone close to me dying.
Heartland on a hot summer's day -- because I think of the part in Rattle and Hum when the song plays, how sunny it is.

Martin Luther King was assasinated in the evening. Bono made a mistake. In some performances of the song, Bono changes the lyrics to: "Early evening, April 4..."

-Miggy

nathan1977 said:
"You give yourself to this, the longest day"

Indian Summer Sky -- so would have to be June 21.

Or December 21 if you live in the Southern Hemisphere. :wink:

ultrraviolette said:
April 4 is my birthday, so I can't hear this song without thinking about it :ohmy:

Hey, happy birthday!

Maybe October, sometimes I may play it in Oct. Otherwise... nothing.

'come to think of it, UF is 50% "day-date" songs.

Thursday before Easter would be the day to play "Until the End of the World".

Back
Top Bottom