dvds worth buying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Definitely R&H :drool: If only for an incredible performance of With Or Without You :heart:

As for anything else?
Wait for the real ZooTV DVD to come out.
i.e. the rest of your life. :happy:

R&H.......Larry on top of Elvis' bike......the look on his face,priceless.

Another one, the siluettes of the guys walking in front of red background from the stage....

u2gifstreets.gif

^Love it Redrocks!! :applaud:

The Larry interview about his experience at Graceland is one of my all time favorites. It is the ONLY time I've ever seen him show an emotion - other than a split second smile or grimace.

msrizzo27 said:
i have chicago, slane, and boston....which others do you guys recommend?

thanks
Well, it's not on DVD yet, but a collector's edition of the seminal classic Debbie Does Dallas is on the way.
I heard it through the grapevine.

RedrocksU2 said:
R&H.......Larry on top of Elvis' bike......the look on his face,priceless.

Another one, the siluettes of the guys walking in front of red background from the stage....

u2gifstreets.gif
WOW that is awesome!
i also love it when Edge is rocking out on top of some amp =)

utoo: hahahah, knee-slapper! <3

ZooTV Sydney is the most exciting concert DVD I have seen. I love Slane and Chicago and Rattle and Hum... but WOW... ZooTV from Sydney is amazing. I want to slap U2 for not playing Lemon more - its amazing live! The whole concert is just incredible. I don't think there is a single song on that DVD I don't watch and love! (Yes, I got in on Ebay!)

Is the PopMart VHS (I havent seen it on DVD yet) any good? Does it compare to ZooTV Live in Sydney? I would love to hear Discotheque and MOFO Live! (Im having trouble hearing MOFO Live though considering it is basically techno)

i recommend you download the audio of popmart and listen.

But then, as any U2 fan should own all their concerts. I always think of Popmart in a negative light, but when I watch it - its great. Bono has a few vocal faux pas, but sometimes he really nails it. Like....Please...he sounds great on that.

Plus it really is a spectacle!

Rattle & Hum without a doubt. It blows me away every time I watch it and I always forget how much I am in love with it until I see it again. The performances are spot on and the whole thing is great to watch. With or Without You, Exit, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Running To Stand Still, Streets... I want to watch it now!

Rattle&Hum DVD is excellent.

Worth the price for maybe the only amazing live version of WOWY, and my favourite Sunday Bloody Sunday.

They say that song is tired now, but watch this version and you will be very much awake.

Yes! I must admit hearing Sunday Bloody Sunday and Pride back than make them sound a little less "tired". There is something so incredible about the way Bono sang "Mothers, Children, Brothers, Sisters TORN APAAART" lol, back than. I loved it. So mighty.

I still love the new performances of it. I think the way Bono sings it now is more wise, whereas when he sang it back than he was obviously more angry.

And don't say I'm not a U2 fan because I don't own Popmart... I just got into them a little under a year ago and I didn't decide to sell my soul to U2 until a few monthes ago - Popmart stopped production years ago probably... and even if it didn't, I don't have a VCR anymore! :sad:

My favourite line, well lines from the DVD is the Sunday Bloody Sunday speech, before and during the performance. Just sums up what the song's purpose is, completely standing up against all the crap went on in Ireland during the 80s. "No more! sing..." priceless.

Is the PopMart VHS (I havent seen it on DVD yet) any good? Does it compare to ZooTV Live in Sydney? I would love to hear Discotheque and MOFO Live! (Im having trouble hearing MOFO Live though considering it is basically techno) [/B]

- Yes.
- Yes, but I still think Zoo TV is better.
- Mofo live kicks some major ass. :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom