DVD, what are the latest news ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J_NP

New Yorker
So people what was the last you heard about dvd releases , like there was a lot of talk , about the Milan dvd or other Vertigo dvd , withou mention the promised u2 box , that wasn´t released with Red Rocks , Mexico , Sydney and Notre Dame concerts . I read that the zootv dvd was in post production , and now I read somewhere here about something released on 27 march .

Also there was some talk about last year , since it was 25 years after the release of Boy , but nothing happened , but now theres this talk about the U2 by U2 book being released in september , and if I´m not wrong , 2006 really marks like 30 years of u2 , so it looks like we´re gonna see some releases this year , so what do you know ?

Much like the Elevation Tour there will most likely be another DVD...but it might not show up until the Christmas season this year.

As for the much rumored DVD Box Set, those rumors have quietly move to the background, but with the release of "U2 by U2" you can never know what will be tied in with that.

All I can say is keep your fingers crossed.

I hope we get Milan and the box set (at least one of them this year) and hopefully the Buenos Aires IMAX film will make it to INHD and then to DVD (although I definitely can't wait to watch it a million times in IMAX haha, I have one right in my town)

The U2 DVD box set will be out sometime next year or late this year.

Just repeat that phrase to yourself every 6-8 months to keep yourself up on the latest news about the set.

They really need to release The Best Of 1980-1990 BAD.........I think they're just too lazy to go through all of that archival material and dig out old vids like "Street Mission" or whatever........

What happened with the "Live Anthology DVD box set"? :eyebrow:

I don´t remember where I read the band wanted to put on a DVD box set unreleased live stuff instead of Sidney, Mexico, etc :drool:

Canadiens1160 said:
The U2 DVD box set will be out sometime next year or late this year.

Just repeat that phrase to yourself every 6-8 months to keep yourself up on the latest news about the set.

:lol:

ponkine said:
What happened with the "Live Anthology DVD box set"? :eyebrow:

I don´t remember where I read the band wanted to put on a DVD box set unreleased live stuff instead of Sidney, Mexico, etc :drool:

Where did u read this ? anyway sounds pretty good , of course I was crazy to see mexico on dvd , also Red rocks ...... but unreleased stuff , that's pretty exciting . Imagine if they put a zoo concert possibly Outside Broadcast , or something of LT tour ...... we can hope .

Here's some trivia for you:

When the new HD-DVD format rolls out later this year, the first title to be offered will be "Rattle & Hum."

But I wouldn't rush out to buy an HD-DVD player when it comes out. Not only will it be expensive, not only do you need an HDTV for it to even be useful, but a competing standard, Blu-Ray, is also coming out later this year, with the latter going to be on every PS3 sold. It's like Beta-VHS all over again.

Melon

Back
Top Bottom