DVD question!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Help!!!! I have a question about the best of! The thing is I would like to get just the DVD of videos and clips from the 90s. I do not want the 2 CDs because I have most of the songs already. Now my question is...can I wait for the DVD release which is I think in december? Is that the same DVD as the one being included in the limited edition right now??

I believe this is the answer to your question, but if it isn't, I'm sorry :)

The "Best Of" DVD, with vids from all songs and various other tidbits and goodies, is completely seperate from the 2CD release. The DVD mentioned in the 2CD is some sort of "History Mix", and something else I believe (what it is, I'm drawing a blank for). Anyways, it is not necessary to buy both; they are seperate, and will be made available at different time periods.

Hope it helps...also hope I'm right on my info.

walkon11 said:
I believe this is the answer to your question, but if it isn't, I'm sorry :)

The "Best Of" DVD, with vids from all songs and various other tidbits and goodies, is completely seperate from the 2CD release. The DVD mentioned in the 2CD is some sort of "History Mix", and something else I believe (what it is, I'm drawing a blank for). Anyways, it is not necessary to buy both; they are seperate, and will be made available at different time periods.

Hope it helps...also hope I'm right on my info.

You are absolutely right. :)

So wait....I'm behind....
On Tuesday when the best of is released...there is a dvd that is also released(but it isn't the dvd of the videos)? Is the dvd included in the 2 disc best of, or is it seperate?
I'm confused....
:scratch:

Ladies and gentleman.... I can ease your pain.. :D
this is what's happening:

Nov 4/5
The Best of 1990-2000 limited edition is released.
Limited edition includes a Bsides disc, and a bonus DVD
the bonus DVD is called the "History Mix" and includes a few live performances are videos.

December
The Best of 1990-2000 DVD is released featuring promotional videos for the songs on the Best of 1990-2000. This is not the History Mix DVD. This has much more.

What may be causing confusion is the question of the History Mix's content. As to what this is, I dont think anyone knows yet. (unless it's like the video montage they're showing on U2.com right now)

Moreover, it has not been made clear as whether or not the History mix DVD is actually a third seperate disc, or whether dvd content has been put on the Bsides disc. I'm thinking it's the former and not the latter. Although I'm not sure how it will be packaged if this is the case... maybe in a seperate cardboard slip?

anyhow, hope this helps!

on tuesday a 3 disc set will be released.

one disc of U2's 'best of'
one with b sides/remixes
and a third with a video history mix

in early december a best of videos on dvd will come out with all those 90s video clips.

the dvds on the seperate releases are in no way the same thing.

first one is a sort of teaser:)

No, not really a set....I think they are just advertising them altogether like that so you will buy them all. Wait. I bought it at CD NOW---

U2 : Best Of 1990-2000 (2 CD Set + Bonus DVD)

So, basically, I just answered my own question.

:banghead:

Well, anyway, its only $17.49.

Thanks for the info guys. So the point is...if I dont wanna waste money on the history mix and would actually like to own the music videos in their entirety, I should go with the december dvd !! I guess the history mix is only gonna have, as somebody said, teasers...short clips and not full vids.

...Of course the price of the december dvd would probably be much higher than the limited edition..:banghead:

This is the bonus DVD:

1. The History Mix 7:40

2. The Best Of 90-2000 Trailer 2:27

3. Please - Live Mural Cut 5:00
Filmed in Helsinki, Aug.9th 1997

4. Beautiful Day - Eze Version 4:04

As you can see, this is a promotional DVD. Now go get it!

The 'Best Of' is my local record shop since yesterday. They have tons of copies all neatly lined up but won't sell them until midnight Sunday (at which time they are opening).

I also saw it advertised on Irish TV as being "available now" for some reason.

To think, I was only a few feet away from them :drool:

Roland of Gilead said:
This is the bonus DVD:

1. The History Mix 7:40

2. The Best Of 90-2000 Trailer 2:27

3. Please - Live Mural Cut 5:00
Filmed in Helsinki, Aug.9th 1997

4. Beautiful Day - Eze Version 4:04

As you can see, this is a promotional DVD. Now go get it!

so theres actually a live performance of please on this "teaser" dvd?

whats a mural cut anyway?

i feel like meeganie... :confused:

what does feeling like meeganie feel like?

Zoomerang96 said:

whats a mural cut anyway?

a r e a l l y l o n g f l a t v e r s i o n o f t h e s o n g

Has there been any info released yet on what exactly will be on the Best Of DVD?

I'm sure i read a list of features on here but can't find it, maybe i dreamed it:uhoh:

Back
Top Bottom