DVD problems?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skjuls

Refugee
Maybe it's just me or my DVD player?

Has anyone been having problems when they PLEASE off of the History Mix DVD?

It continues to play but the picture is all screwed up. I've even cleaned it so................

Also, does anyone have the Electrical Storm DVD. I ordered it from hmv.com in Canada since their DVDs are Region 1 (North America)

You guys won't believe this though. I got it today. The package say U2. The DVD says U2 Electrical Storm. BUT WHEN YOU PLAY IT. IT'S :censored: NICK CARTER FROM THE BACKSTREET BOYS!!!!!! (it's his bonus dvd)

I almost died!!!!!!
:banghead:

Why is this happening to me!??????

Just thought I would share!

ya, my friends dvd which i got for him through hmv in winnipeg has the exact same problem.

except, theres nothing to do with bsb.... thats just weird. and awful.

wow...now U2 really have gone all teeniebopper! bono's become nick carter! :wink:

(j/k)

seriously, i'd return the dvd, cuz that's an error on someone's part. they may have mislabeled it, mispackaged it, something like that. and i've had no problems playing please off the bonus best of dvd. :D

Holy Moly :eek: That's horrible.

I dont have a problem playing Please, but am I the only one that thinks the sound on the DVD blows ass?? :der:

am i the only one who believes the video of please is from sweden, but the audio is taken from the POPHEART cd?

*shakes head

why would they do that?!

It appears that you can't see the Please video when using a PS2 either.

Its definately a problem because the DVD plays fine on a regular DVD player but not on the PS2.

please.

the bass is way too loud in the dvd mix of please.

it wasnt like that on vhs.

are you referring to the whole dvd or just please? i thought everything else sounded good.

Parts of the DVD sound good then other parts sound like shit.. like as if the speakers ar fucked up, but they're not.

When did garbage become worth anything? I guess there are plenty of suckers around, but U2 fans wouldn't want it because of the sheer, ineffable horror of popping in a U2 DVD and seeing a Backstreet Boy and Backstreet Boys fans would be too stupid to work an eBay auction.

typhoon said:
When did garbage become worth anything? I guess there are plenty of suckers around, but U2 fans wouldn't want it because of the sheer, ineffable horror of popping in a U2 DVD and seeing a Backstreet Boy and Backstreet Boys fans would be too stupid to work an eBay auction.

If the disc is labeled U2 and the content of the disc is bsb or whatever....that is obviously a flub up......there is a big market for these types of mistakes in the collectables market. For example, I have a copy of Stephen King's Insomnia where the binding is upside down from the pages...I took it to a dealer and he said that it may be worth something in the future if kept in good condition.

Zoomerang96 said:
am i the only one who believes the video of please is from sweden, but the audio is taken from the POPHEART cd?

*shakes head

why would they do that?!

Do you meen the video from helsinki (finland) or sweden?
ive looked at it and something is definately up - i think it could be sound from rotterdam (popheart). Have been wondering about towards the end when all the overlayed ulster scenes kick in.

zoomerang II said:

Do you meen the video from helsinki (finland) or sweden?
ive looked at it and something is definately up - i think it could be sound from rotterdam (popheart). Have been wondering about towards the end when all the overlayed ulster scenes kick in.

I am pretty sure it is from Rotterdam, I have a Japanese EP with Please, WOWY, SATS, and Streets from Rotterdam and it sounds identical......havent had any probs with my DVD though.....:eyebrow:

Party Boy said:

Please plays fine on my PS2.. all the other stuff on the DVD plays fine though?

That's funny. I can see everything else on the DVD from the PS2 except Please. Someone else I know has the same problem (different Please and different PS2).

But the entire DVD plays fine on another DVD player.

Who knows, its weird.

My PS2 doesn't like Please at all! The picture turns into funky colors and then it messes up the rest of the DVD when I try to play another portion of the disc.

HMV is sending me another Electrical Storm DVD, hopefully it'll be the video and not Nick Carter. They want me to send the defective one back. If somebody wants to pay a lot of money with this error on it, then they could go ahead but I don't want to keep a BSB product mixed up with my U2 collection.

I agree, Sicy. The sound of the DVD is very good quality, but Please is a terrible sound quality. You think with their money and technology, the label could have done something to improve it. It's a very noticeable difference.

whats wrong with the sound quality? The version here in australia seems ok, maybe it could have been mixed a little better but seems cool otherwise - i certainly wouldnt call it terrible??

daisybean said:

If the disc is labeled U2 and the content of the disc is bsb or whatever....that is obviously a flub up......there is a big market for these types of mistakes in the collectables market. For example, I have a copy of Stephen King's Insomnia where the binding is upside down from the pages...I took it to a dealer and he said that it may be worth something in the future if kept in good condition.

I guess it's worth whatever somebody will pay for it, but honestly, would you pay anything for it? I think even the hardest-core of the hardcore draw the line somewhere around defective merchandise. Stuff like the Beatles' "butcher cover" is worth money because it was more than just a misprint.

Sicy said:
Parts of the DVD sound good then other parts sound like shit.. like as if the speakers ar fucked up, but they're not.

Dude, mine too! I was thinking it was just my TV...

Mine will only play the first track on a philips dvd player, and even then it all skippy, it wont play at all on my laptop drive but will play fine on another laptop drive of the same brand (toshiba). I gonna take it back.

Back
Top Bottom