DVD predictions, where the next DVDs will be filmed...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
In 2008/2009 the new tour will record an American DVD in New York City.

And outside of America, Amsterdam will be recorded.

New York City=cheesy

It should just be some random city with an amazing crowd that no one would expect.

And then some crazy Asian crowd. :rockon:

There have been enough DVDs made in North America.

Somewhere foreign and exotic would be cool. If they finally get their act together and go somewhere like India or Thailand or the Philippines, maybe they'll get a great crowd there.

Otherwise, the Netherlands. The Dutch are crazy for U2 and it's about time a DVD was made there.

This tour isn't over, they aren't even in the studio for a new album and we're predicting where the next DVD will be filmed?:huh:

Plus I think they'll really push the envelope with this one and film it on the moon!

BonoVoxSupastar said:
This tour isn't over, they aren't even in the studio for a new album and we're predicting where the next DVD will be filmed?:huh:

Hey - we need something to kill the time with during the idle period. :wink:

Axver said:
There have been enough DVDs made in North America.

Somewhere foreign and exotic would be cool. If they finally get their act together and go somewhere like India or Thailand or the Philippines, maybe they'll get a great crowd there.

Otherwise, the Netherlands. The Dutch are crazy for U2 and it's about time a DVD was made there.

Hmm, come to think of it, there isn't a U2 Live From Rotterdam DVD officially released... imagine, it'd be a great concert filled with a lot of great songs, Please, 11 O'Clock Tick Tock, One Tree Hill...

NOT IN AMERICA! Sorry Americans...but you know the Chicago crowd was rubbish.

I'd say Montreal.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

We could make predicitions on what Bono will do with his hair.:|

I was actually thinking about people predicting the title of the next album. :hmm:

ntalwar said:

I was actually thinking about people predicting the title of the next album. :hmm:

Please don't, we've already played that game in Where the album has no name, it was just one shitty joke after another.

New York, most likely.
:|

If I was making the choices, though - we've seen Australia, US, Ireland, Mexico, mainland Europe (Milan is coming out right?) - I'd say South America. The craziest U2 crowds I have ever seen.
Either that or Asia next time.

If they're doing a show from Europe too, I'd say Netherlands too.

Last edited:
Rather than having a pointless thread trying to predict where a dvd will be shot for an unknwon future tour for an unkown future album.

More to the point If said tour for said album does have said DVD

will Larry Mullen actually look like he is having fun and enjoying doing what he is paid a great deal of money to do.

Come on Larry chear up cos I dont think I can spend anymore money on DVD's to see you moping all the way through it!

Regardless of where it is filmed.

mackemlad said:
Rather than having a pointless thread trying to predict where a dvd will be shot for an unknwon future tour for an unkown future album.

More to the point If said tour for said album does have said DVD

will Larry Mullen actually look like he is having fun and enjoying doing what he is paid a great deal of money to do.

Come on Larry chear up cos I dont think I can spend anymore money on DVD's to see you moping all the way through it!

Regardless of where it is filmed.

If Larry's smiling, you know the end of U2 is near, for the smile signifies that he is thinking "WOOHOO ONLY TWENTY MORE SHOWS EVER!"

I thought Larry smiles on the last three DVDs more than all the rest combined.

Rotterdam. Every bootleg dvd or cd from every tour done there seems to be off the hook. Rotterdam would make an insane pro-shot dvd! :yes:

If Justice is made , would be where the best crowds are , since Italy is already having one in Xmas , I would say it would have to be in Latin Amercia , but mexico already got one , so did Australia so this leaves us with :

-South America
-Holland maybe ? or Spain
-Oceania
-Or even South Africa , really cool if they actually did a dvd there

Next Tour...

Toronto
Holland/Netherlands
Santiago

'nuff said :drool:

(yes, like the Stones' Four Flicks DVD... 3 concerts... :drool: with me)

Axver said:

If Larry's smiling, you know the end of U2 is near, for the smile signifies that he is thinking "WOOHOO ONLY TWENTY MORE SHOWS EVER!"

This is both funny and true!!!

I think they will definately do the following before they call it quits:

New York
Dublin

I think it is likely they will do somewhere in England (London?), somewhere in Africa, and somewhere in the ROW.

I would like to see some cool places though, not that it matters much since all you see is the inside of the arena/stadium. It would be cool if there was a little 5 minute tour of the city as a bonus feature, to get to know a little more about the place. Sure beats those cameras on the last DVD.

I was watching Chicago last night for the first time in a while, and I know it has been done to death but the crowd really are having some issues. I don't know what the problem is since I thought the shows in Chicago were great (20/21 Sep etc). I can live with it for most of the show, except for Mysterious Ways, were Bono is really into it and the crowd just look at him. Sucks to be him that day I guess.

thelaj said:
I was watching Chicago last night for the first time in a while, and I know it has been done to death but the crowd really are having some issues. I don't know what the problem is since I thought the shows in Chicago were great (20/21 Sep etc). I can live with it for most of the show, except for Mysterious Ways, were Bono is really into it and the crowd just look at him. Sucks to be him that day I guess.

Yeah - good point. Zoo Station also turned that place into a graveyard. I think the cities with the most enthusiastic crowds (and not just during Streets) deserve the next DVD. Which cities those would be? I am not sure.

Back
Top Bottom