DVD predictions, where the next DVDs will be filmed...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok we got Denver , RH which had lots of cities , Boston , and now chicago ..... I must be forgetting some , thanks but we do not need another dvd shot in us territory , there are plenty of better locations for u2 concerts , if justiced was made the indoor concert of Vertigo would have been shot in Canada .

J_NP said:
if justiced was made the indoor concert of Vertigo would have been shot in Canada .

Why? Most Hollywood movies are made there already...:wink:

I think the key things here are:

Headache's post - money
J_NP's post - "justice"

...though I don't really see how "justice" can come into play when there are a million cities around the world that haven't had a U2 concert filmed in them, and there are dozens of countries in the same boat. What would make it "just" for one to get it over the others?

When it really comes down to it, who the hell cares where a concert is filmed? No one has "the best" crowds. Everyone seems to think that their own city's/country's crowds are the best, which is just silly. If you were at the concert, your perception of how good the crowd was depends on where you were in the crowd and how the atmosphere immediately around you was. If you watched a show on bootleg, the perception depends on how it was filmed, where the filmer was, etc.

Sure, there are some bum nights. I doubt, however, that any one city will continuously put out a "bad" crowd. With this tour, it has seemed like so many non-US folk have complained that US crowds suck...and honestly, it's gotten pretty annoying. :huh:

Argue all you want about the "fairness" of who gets how many shows and who doesn't get a show. But until you stand in the same exact spot at every single show in every single city, don't tell me that a crowd sucks.

There are dozens of things that make a DVD great, and where it is actually filmed ranks pretty low, unless the venue has some special design or acoustic set-up. The location of Slane helped make an awesome dvd because 1) it was a home crowd--many of whom knew what had been going on in Bono's personal life in the days before, 2) many non-Irish fans go into an Irish U2 concert with the mindset that it'll be great because it's a "home" concert, 3)Ireland's soccer team was winning in a game that was being broadcast at the U2 concert. But there were a million other things that made the show(s) great more than just the location. Killer setlist. Killer voice. Shades came off. Personal lives of the band came into play. A million other reasons.

Give me a pro-shot U2 dvd and I'll be happy. :yes: I don't care where it's filmed.

Last edited:
Dude I'm not talkin' bout full justice coz this is pretty much impossible , but to change a bit where the dvds/videos are recorded that would be already something .

What I was saying 'bout Canada for example , is every time they play there , any city it's always pretty noisy and loud , u can't ask more than this in rock show , hell u can't want more in any musical show. And believe me despite this my comment , I'm very satisfied with the Chicago DVD , way much more than boston , in fact I only noticed that the crowd of chicago was weak reading here , okay some points I did see , like the poor reception for OOTS , that was ok since it was ' kind of new song ' but still the band was really good on it , so was Bono and also I was disappointed with the reception to specially Fly and ABOY , it's so bad to see things like that , the band is on fire and the crowd doesn't seem to give too much . I kind of feel bad everytime I see that shot of Bono trying to make the audience make a noise in ABOY with his mic during Edge's pre solo sound. In other places people would be jumping the hell out of and making lots of noises .

And finally again 'bout justice , let's turn to math , about live videos :

US 4
Ireland 1
Mexico 1
Australia 1

I've said already places that deserved so much live videos like other countries , or such as these that already had , so I won't go there again , but lemme a question , who doubts in next tour U2 will again shoot a video in the us ? It's this kind of I'm talking about , hell even their home is losing in 1-4 . U2 should try something like ok we did a video in the us with elevation , let's go other places that also loves our music as much as this , that's all have to be done to a little be made , is that too much ?

Wherever the next DVD is filmed, I hope the crowd has energy because we have a director who likes to create "artificial energy" with camera tricks to make up for it. More crowd energy equals less Hamish zooming, panning, and cutting.

ntalwar said:

Yeah - good point. Zoo Station also turned that place into a graveyard. I think the cities with the most enthusiastic crowds (and not just during Streets) deserve the next DVD. Which cities those would be? I am not sure.

Amen Brother !

Back
Top Bottom