DVD Player decision help? (VCD / UK&N.A. / boston dvd)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jesseu2

Refugee
I'm going to get a dvd player soon..

either

JVC DVD/CD Player XV-S40BK

or

Daewoo DVD/CD Player DE-2500N

or Apex AD-1500

does anyone know if these play North American AND UK region'd dvds? reason i ask is cuz i got the elevation uk dvd single. Also i must get one of these brands because they play Video CD's. video cds are mpeg1 video, its a cool format. i got zootv sydney, popmart mexico, an more on VCD's. Also I only want to spend under $150 US. plus i want one that the boston elevation dvd will play flawlessly on.

can anyone help?

Not sure as I don't have a DVD player of my own yet, but you could try looking up some more info and reviews on them at these links:
http://dealtime.epinions.com/elec-Video-DVD-All
http://www.audioreview.com/reviews/DVD/

Make sure you get one that is "multi-zone" or you can convert to multi-zone so you can watch DVDs from other countries. Just be careful - if you need to convert to multi-zone (which sometimes they can do in the store for you), it may make the warranty void.

Hope that helps you out a little...

Originally posted by jesseu2:
I'm going to get a dvd player soon..
either
JVC DVD/CD Player XV-S40BK
or
Daewoo DVD/CD Player DE-2500N
or Apex AD-1500
does anyone know if these play North American AND UK region'd dvds? reason i ask is cuz i got the elevation uk dvd single. Also i must get one of these brands because they play Video CD's. video cds are mpeg1 video, its a cool format. i got zootv sydney, popmart mexico, an more on VCD's. Also I only want to spend under $150 US. plus i want one that the boston elevation dvd will play flawlessly on.
can anyone help?
Do NOT purchase the Apex. I purchased one, and it did an awful job of playing VCDs, so I took it back.

Back
Top Bottom