DVD Easter Egg Updates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pvanort

The Fly
Anyone come up with anything new? The '1976' easter egg is pretty much established. I still have'nt heard an exact method of accessing the 'UTEOTW' egg. I would imagine there is also a Bono-Cam version of 'Beautiful Day', since Bono was only wearing the shades during the first three songs...

------------------
"Hey, pardon me for askin', but who's that little ol' man?..."

NO! The only "easter egg" that has worked for me is the 1976 bonocam. I went insane last night trying to figure out the other one UTEOTW, but no luck. I also noticed on the 2nd DVD that their is a 1991 blip that keeps popping up between two additional tracks, but I cannot figure out why that is there...it is very annoying...
mad.gif

This was up on Zootopia:

Zootopia Elevation 2001 DVD - Live from Boston

Bonocam 2 exists!

DVDMan - 12:25pm Nov 29, 2001

I've peeked into both discs. There are no more extras on the first (concert) disc, but on the second disk there is a second
Bonocam - what looks like the guitar/vocal duel from Until The End Of The World!!

Hopwever there doesn't appear to be a menu for it (as there is for Bonocam 1) so it may be locked out permanently ... I can't
reverse enginner the disc code so I can't see how you might access it - only view the video & audio.

It looks bloody good!!

I dunno...

------------------

I for the life of me can't get the 1976 easter egg to work. I have however gotten the UTEOTW egg to work. Here's how: I go to the "additional tracks" section, then right click the screen and click "title 7." This should send you back to the main DVD menu (this is all on disc 2). Once you are back at the main menu, click resume and it should start the UTEOTW egg. At least this is how I do it. Hope this works.

------------------
"I swore to my father I'd never do hamster-style again."

"looking for the sound thats gonna drown out the world
looking for the father of my two little girls
got the swing got the sway got my straw in lemonade
looking for the face i had before the world was made." - MOFO

Originally posted by pvanort:
This was up on Zootopia:

I can't
reverse enginner the disc code so I can't see how you might access it - only view the video & audio.

It looks bloody good!!

I dunno...

in other words you would only be able to view it via a dvd rom drive?

------------------
but everybody wanna live
don't nobody really wanna die
you feelin' me, right?
fred durst

Originally posted by pvanort:
This was up on Zootopia:

Zootopia Elevation 2001 DVD - Live from Boston

Bonocam 2 exists!

DVDMan - 12:25pm Nov 29, 2001

I've peeked into both discs. There are no more extras on the first (concert) disc, but on the second disk there is a second
Bonocam - what looks like the guitar/vocal duel from Until The End Of The World!!

Hopwever there doesn't appear to be a menu for it (as there is for Bonocam 1) so it may be locked out permanently ... I can't

It looks bloody good!!

I dunno...

I wish I could figure it out on mine so I can view it. I will have to take it to a friends house and try to unlock the UTEOTW on the 2nd DVD out on their player...maybe I will have some luck there...

Originally posted by Achtung Zooropa:
I for the life of me can't get the 1976 easter egg to work. I have however gotten the UTEOTW egg to work. Here's how: I go to the "additional tracks" section, then right click the screen and click "title 7." This should send you back to the main DVD menu (this is all on disc 2). Once you are back at the main menu, click resume and it should start the UTEOTW egg. At least this is how I do it. Hope this works.

I will try your method tonight...I thought I was going to throw my DVD Remote through the wall last night...I cannot believe a DVD is causing me such frustration...that is pretty sad..LOL!
wink.gif

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress:
I also noticed on the 2nd DVD that their is a 1991 blip that keeps popping up between two additional tracks, but I cannot figure out why that is there...it is very annoying...
mad.gif
??? I have't even seen that... I wonder what it is and how the heck you access it?

[/b][/QUOTE]
??? I have't even seen that... I wonder what it is and how the heck you access it?[/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, I noticed that also! There has to be something to do there, but what? I've tried everything!...

------------------

For anyone who's using PowerDVD on your computer to view the DVD, I figured out how to access the Easter Egg on Disc Two:

1. Play the DVD (Disc Two)

2. Once you're on the main menu, right click and select "Go To..." > "Title 7"

3. It should take you to the main menu again. Right click and select "Resume."

the Easter egg should play.

-U2 Commie

Once again for those of you using PowerDVD to view the DVD...

If you're having trouble accessing the first Easter Egg (on Disc One), or if you want an easier way to access it:

1) Play the DVD (Disc One). The concert should start playing.
2) Right click and select "Go To..." > "Title 1" > "Browser ..." The "DVD Browser" window should come up.
3)Scroll down and double click "Title 3"
4)Double click "Chapter 1" underneath "Title 3" This should bring you to the main menu.
5) Right click and select "Resume"

The Easter Egg should start.

-U2 Commie

I got the ELEVATION one to work using the display-title select method.

I've decided no to throw my Zenith player through the window. Now if only the other egg would work.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I finally figured how to get the bonocam for UTEOTW...I have a toshiba DVD player and the only way i could locate the bonocam on the 2ndDVD was by selecting the memory button on my remote and entering 7 for track and 1 for chapter. after I hit that I hit play and it took me directly to the scene...it was very cool...thanks for all the tidbits!
smile.gif

I've found a hidden easter egg on disc 2. If you click on the additional tracks icon and then type in "mullet," you will be able to view a separate program that details Bono's favorite recipes for fudge, butter & gravy.

I posted this before, but it probably got lost in a muddle of replies. For the UTEOTW Egg:

This is the coolest easter egg thus far as you get to see the point of view of Bono as he ventures closer to the crowd at the tip. If you have a Sony DVD player (and many other players-this worked on a Phillips too), it's simple to access, I'll give explicit directions here:
1. When you are in the main menu of Disc 2, press DISPLAY on your remote. A list of options should appear onscreen, such as chapter, title, etc.

2. Using the arrow keys on your remote, highlight "title" on the screen and then press ENTER on your remote.

3. Now press 7 on your remote and then ENTER.

4. Now look for the TITLE button on your remote. Press it 2 or three times, and voila, you're there!

Enjoy!

cainz: those instructions didn't work on my (Toshiba) player. After a few maddening days trying to get either of the eggs to work, I finally figured it out (for my player, at least; if you're having trouble with the other instructions, try these):

On disc 1 (the Elevation egg): The easter egg is found at Title 3, Chapter 1. On my DVD remote, I simply hit the "Title select" button (I think that's what it's called) and entered this information (Title 3, Chapter 1) and pressed play.

On disc 2 (the UTEOTW egg): the easter egg is (apparently) Title 7, Chapter 1. However, when I enter this information, it takes me back to the "main menu" screen. So, I finally pressed the "Random" button on my remote, and kept hitting "Skip to next track" until "Title 7, Chapter 1" came up. Then it started to play.

I hope this helps some of the people who are still frustrated by it!

Back
Top Bottom