DVD boxset delayed until Autumn.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
beatlesboy said:
Jeez! It's about f'n time they put this stuff on DVD! Why'd it take soooo long? It's not like this stuff wouldn't sell!?!? :eyebrow:

Maybe they dont wanna seem as if they're just constantly releasing stuff every couple of months - just for the cash.

Although....it has been long enough a wait for these!!!

beatlesboy said:

This would've been a GREAT thing to release in the dead time between Elevation and Vertigo!

...we had the Best of 1990-2000 cd tho, they probably thought that was good enough! It probably would've been, had it not been for the shoddy b-sides disc!:madspit:

I think we have had a release in the run up to Xmas every year since 2000.

Oct 30th 2000 - ATYCLB
Nov 20th 2001 - Elevation DVD
Nov 4th 2002 - Best of 1990 - 2000 + DVD
Nov 17th 2003 - Slaine DVD
Nov 22nd 2004 - HTDAAB
Xmas 2005 - DVD boxset ?
Xmas 2006 - Vertigo live DVD ?

I doubt that they will have a Vertigo live DVd out in time for Xmas 2005 - unless they record it on the 1st leg.

Rolling Stones: Four Flicks was released after their latest world tour. It's a 4 DVD set featuring an arena show (MSG), stadium show (twickenham) and a club show (paris).

Over 50 songs. I've never seen it as I am not a fan but it is supposed to be excellant.

Boozyuzi said:
Rolling Stones: Four Flicks was released after their latest world tour. It's a 4 DVD set featuring an arena show (MSG), stadium show (twickenham) and a club show (paris).

Over 50 songs. I've never seen it as I am not a fan but it is supposed to be excellant.

In that case - you're right - U2, GIVE US STH LIKE THAT!!!:wink:

Boozyuzi said:
I doubt that they will have a Vertigo live DVd out in time for Xmas 2005 - unless they record it on the 1st leg. [/B]

Paul McGuinness already stated 2 months ago that they plan to release a Vertigo tour dvd in November.

Boozyuzi said:

If U2 would do something like this that would be SOOO BAD ASS! :rockon:

Though they'd really have to shuffle the setlists to have a wide variety of different tunes, which the stones pretty much did, to fill 4 DVD's, but U2 could easily do that with the catalog they have now.

I agree on the 'non butchering' of the shows! They need to leave these live performances the way they were seen live. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom