During live versions of "Streets" what is that noise?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Searcher

The Fly
When Bono sings the second "Where the Streets Have No Name" you hear like a synthesizer, or morphing type noise, it's hearable in ZOO TV and Popmart versions, sometimes Vertigo...

But in the Joshua Tree era, it almost sounds like Adam's bass...

I can't really describe it other than being a "da da dun dun" after Bono sings the 2nd "Where The Streets Have No Name"

You mean after the second chorus? That's not a synthesiser, that's Edge muting his strings with his left hand and then strumming. There actually IS a synthesiser playing along with that on Popmart versions, but not on Zoo TV / Vertigo versions.

If that's not what you're talking about, I don't know. :huh:

there's a noise I really don't get...

it happens on ZOO TV... if you watch the DVD, when it starts and all the lights go full, you can hear a wierd noise...

I thought it was the video... then I heard that same noise on other ZooTV bootlegs in the same part

it sounds almost like feedback, but at the same time it isn't...

:|

pepokiss said:

it happens on ZOO TV... if you watch the DVD, when it starts and all the lights go full, you can hear a wierd noise...

I thought it was the video... then I heard that same noise on other ZooTV bootlegs in the same part

It's the actual sound of the lights, I believe. I'm no Willie Williams, but that amount of live lighting will make an audible sound when all switched on at the same time.

pepokiss said:

That's interference (ha) thru the power sources of the venue. It puts a huge strain on the sources, and produces an audible whine which infiltrates into the audio equipment. There's nothing you can do to alleviate it, you just have to put up with it.

Back
Top Bottom