Dubliners I need some help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mbi16

War Child
I'm gonna be spending my summer working in Dublin (may-sept) and I'm looking for apts. However I have no idea what neighborhoods to avoid. If anyone can help I would be ever so grateful. So far the only offers I have are in:

-Finglas - cheapest...but I'm looking at the map and it's near ballymun...isn't that the town Bono wrote about in RTSS? This can't be good can it?
-Rathmines - I know nothing about this area
-and there's some house that's only a 10min walk from O'connell that's usually good right?

Ok yeah that's it, also I would love to meet up with fellow fans so please drop me a line if interested mbi16@yahoo.com Thank you in advance.

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

Originally posted by mbi16:
-and there's some house that's only a 10min walk from O'connell that's usually good right?

confused.gif

So now we have fans actually altering their lives to move to Dublin with the purpose of stalking the band? Must be nice to have all that money. Hey I hear the seven towers in Ballymun are very nice!

Originally posted by *Stormy*:
Must be nice to have all that money.

or perhaps he is just going to a beautiful city in a beautiful country to work to make money.

Originally posted by kobayashi:
or perhaps he is just going to a beautiful city in a beautiful country to work to make money.

It's a she, I've read her posts, and bullshit. She is going there to stalk the band, and then come back here and brag. I don't care if I get flamed for saying that either. Someone had to.

It's a she, I've read her posts, and bullshit. She is going there to stalk the band, and then come back here and brag. I don't care if I get flamed for saying that either. Someone had to.

And flamed you will be.

I mean, I'm insanely jealous of the opportunity she has. And maybe a big part of why she's going there is because she hopes to meet the band. What's wrong with that? Heck, if I had the freedom to spend the summer in one of the most beautiful cities in the world where I had a good chance of meeting my favorite band, I'd do it in a second. And it's really not fair of you to accuse her of wanting to meet the band just so she can come back here and brag. Maybe she wants to meet them for her own personal pleasure. Ever think of that?

Most importantly, you have no right to insult her the way you just did. Calling what she says bullshit and completely devaluing what she's doing is just rude. Somebody had to say it.
rolleyes.gif

O'Connell Street?

tell ya wha though, pricey housies in Dubby!!!!!

my mate was shown a tiny small ass of a house that woulda cost what.........30,000 punts or someting.......
biggrin.gif

A house u wouldnt even be able to fit tree pple into loike!

oh i'm sorry.

didn't realize i was talking to the supreme being that you are.

please allow me to carry on?
biggrin.gif

there is no need to get excited.

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:
And flamed you will be.

Right on twin!

It's not fair to criticize someone when you don't even know them. And you can never know someone just from reading their posts. So please don't pretend you know Marina's motives for going to Dublin. And I'm with Gina on this one...if I had the opportunity to move to Dublin I would in a heartbeat. And in case you didn't notice, she will be working while she's there. So, Marina, good luck! And I can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks!

------------------
The whole wide world feels like a shrine to the worker bees, who stole it from God anyhow.
Lay it down, child
Lay it down, child
And walk into this room all made with love for you...

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

my piece of advice: Dublin is a cool place and it's gotta a whole lot more than u2 related places. it can be a lot of fun.

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:
And flamed you will be.

I mean, I'm insanely jealous of the opportunity she has. And maybe a big part of why she's going there is because she hopes to meet the band. What's wrong with that? Heck, if I had the freedom to spend the summer in one of the most beautiful cities in the world where I had a good chance of meeting my favorite band, I'd do it in a second. And it's really not fair of you to accuse her of wanting to meet the band just so she can come back here and brag. Maybe she wants to meet them for her own personal pleasure. Ever think of that?

Most importantly, you have no right to insult her the way you just did. Calling what she says bullshit and completely devaluing what she's doing is just rude. Somebody had to say it.
rolleyes.gif

I have read the girl's post for a long time. She has an attitude that rubs me the wrong way. I would not have said this about just anyone. She has already met them for 'her personal pleasure'. I would not have said this just from seeing the situation in general and not knowing enough of the background to form and opinion. She IS going there to stalk the band, come back and report here. If U2 were not in Dublin, she would have no desire to go.

I knew I was going to get called 'jealous' but even if I had the 'opportunity' I would have more shame than to invade U2's privacy, which they value so much and have thanked the people of Dublin for giving them. Sure I'd do it once and I fully intend to baby, but I would not uproot my life to move there to stalk them repeatedly.

Read my thread in Zoo Confessionals.

I have read the girl's post for a long time. She has an attitude that rubs me the wrong way.

*ahem*

------------------
The whole wide world feels like a shrine to the worker bees, who stole it from God anyhow.
Lay it down, child
Lay it down, child

Stormy chill the hell out.

You're seriously bugging me.

------------------
Sexy poshin' sugar snarlin' rock and roll ...

My Lair

I have read the girl's post for a long time. She has an attitude that rubs me the wrong way. I would not have said this about just anyone. She has already met them for 'her personal pleasure'. I would not have said this just from seeing the situation in general and not knowing enough of the background to form and opinion. She IS going there to stalk the band, come back and report here. If U2 were not in Dublin, she would have no desire to go.

I knew I was going to get called 'jealous' but even if I had the 'opportunity' I would have more shame than to invade U2's privacy, which they value so much and have thanked the people of Dublin for giving them. Sure I'd do it once and I fully intend to baby, but I would not uproot my life to move there to stalk them repeatedly.

Read my thread in Zoo Confessionals.

Did I say you were jealous? I believe I said *I* was jealous.

But if you're not jealous why does this bother you so much? I'm not trying to imply that you are jealous but seriously, why is this such a big deal to you?

Originally posted by wannabe:
Have a great time mbi16!

yes, enjoy mbi16. wish i was there.
does anyone actually have any help for mbi16?

good ammo shop? what a good bribe is in dublin? a fast, late model, preferably black vehicle that is available for the summer? anything of that sort?

Originally posted by wannabe:
Have a great time mbi16!

Yes! Enjoy yourself! But you still better come visit me before you leave!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Lay it down, child
Lay it down, child

Can we say Catty? Man! What anyone here does is none of our business. All she did was ask for some advice and you cut her down for no good reason *Stormy*. Not cool. Not cool at all, and whatever feelings you have towards her for past 'events' does not belong in this thread.

You *are* jealous and jealousy is ugly.

Good luck in Dublin mbi16.

------------------
Game On!

mbi16:

Have a wonderful trip. I wish I could tell you a place to go to live, but unfortunately I am about 3000 miles away from there.

I will HOWEVER state that I went to Dublin alone one summer to sightsee and more importantly (to me at least) to maybe meet the band. I had an amazing time, saw all the U2 sights; Bono's house, the studio, the bars etc. But never met the band. I will also tell you that had I met the band I sure as shit would be bragging about it here, as I feel this is THE place to brag about it, as we are the people who want to hear about it.

There is nothing wrong with that, why else would this site be in existence.

If someone has the wherewithall and the funds to be able to move to a different country for a new experience, as well as the desire to go and meet someone, more power to them.

One of my heroes is Mark Fisher, I took a rainy day in London and "stalked" him down if you will. I was able to meet him at his flat and saw firsthand how he works, what he does, and what kind of person he was. To be honest I felt a bit weird searching for him, but in the end I had a great time, it bothered him none as he thought the whole thing was kind of funny.

To mbi16, I do not care what kind of attitude you have, I wish you the best of luck this summer, I hope you have fun in that great city, but more importantly (to me at least) I hope you do get to meet the band. Not only that, but I hope you come back here and post it here and brag away. That would be great to read.

Have a great adventure...

Stormy - I sincerely hope I rub you the wrong way...

mbi16,

I am totally excited for you and I wish I had more to contribute to this thread! But , since I have never been out of USA, I have no idea where you should move in DUB. But I think Killiney looks quite nice, and the DART is right there, right
smile.gif
? Ah, not in the city center but just a train ride away.
Altho it may be too pricey, I don't know.

Have a great time and I expect you to keep in touch!

oktobergirl
*julie*

Originally posted by ouizy:

Stormy - I sincerely hope I rub you the wrong way...
LMFAO!!

------------------
***Spinny***
"I don't know about you, but I feel good about the fact that I still haven't found what I'm looking for"-Bono, 1987

"Be uncool, yes be akward!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom