drugs and U2...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

greenblobette

Babyface
some people on another U2 board i go onto, had said that they had thought that during the ZooTV tour and some things within the past couple of years, that it seemed like maybe Bono was on something. like seeming really weird or notice it in his eyes.

does anyone know anything about this? or ever see anything of the sort when he was supposedly like this? i hope to god this is not true.

I don't think there is any doubt that U2 have sampled things in their 25 years as a band. They are rock stars after all. Adam, in my recollection, seems to be the only one that has had a bit of a problem with the stuff. Arrest, missed show, yeah..its all been said. Clean as could be now by the way he appears to be reverse-aging.

Just another stupid rumour thats been going on for close to 10 years now. Gives morons something to talk about and as we know there are a lot of those out there.

The band has had more of a problem with alcohol then they have with drugs but even that seems to have calmed recently.

greenblobette said:
like seeming really weird or notice it in his eyes.

Right, because he shows them so much.:huh:

There was a very lengthy thread in here awhile back about what drugs U2 has or hasn't taken. When all was said and done no one in the band has really done any hard drugs or really had a problem, except for Adam.

There's a story about how Edge had a crazy night on a hallucinogen(can't remember which one). I think they've all at least tried pot and really that's about it.

Zootlesque said:
This is your very first post and you're associating U2 with drugs? :madspit:

:wink:

As a longtime veteran here, I always doubt the genuine 'newness' of newbies with one post asking controversial questions;) I've had my share of alters in my day but I'd never be so lame as to make one just to ask some shit stirring question knowing what everyone will think. Not saying for sure of course this is what this person did, but I can't help but wonder :eyebrow:

u gotta remember that howie B was arrested and deported for possesion of weed the day after they finished pop, so who knows............. if he was smoking up, the band might have been as well :|

I think they played once under the influence of drugs but, when they were Feedback or The Hype... and they didn't like it...:|

I dont think trying some things here and there is a big deal at all. You know they must not have never been hardcore into drugs because they probably wouldnt still be together & making music right now if they were.

Sicy said:
I dont think trying some things here and there is a big deal at all.

It's really not, especially considering everyone growing up in the 70's and 80's did at some time. I really don't know why it's considered shocking when someone reports a politician tried pot once way back when. So what? It's getting to the point where everyone in the public eye of a certain age tried something. Oh well!

Last edited:
who hasn't tried pot? :shrug:
uhh...except me of course.

like someone said, the band loves thier alcohol. Adam is clean, but I think Bono is the heaviest drinker now in the band.

adam was once arrested because of illegal possession of marijuana in 1989, but all the other guys seem to have never run under the wheels of any drug. just a few hangovers! which is bad too :wink:

quadcaster said:
u gotta remember that howie B was arrested and deported for possesion of weed the day after they finished pop, so who knows............. if he was smoking up, the band might have been as well :|

Well, we know Adam has been clean since his wild binge that caused him to miss 26 November 1993, Sydney ...

Well unfortunately Bono has had a problem with one of the most addictive drugs out there, nicotine. I haven't noticed - has he completely quit smoking yet?

i wasnt talking about what bono did in the past. im more so concerned about whats going on now.
i am a little worried i must say...

ive seen some recent TV things hes done and pics, and heard things from fans about him seeming sick, or that hed been crying or his eyes were very bloodshot and he seemed very sad., and he seems yes... "distant" in his eyes and seems very very sad. he doesnt seem himself. especially during the Hall of Fame ceremony here in the USA. he really did not seem like the same Bono, and did indeed seem distant and his eyes were strange.
then, after hearing some things online here, and other things, it got me really scared, and ive had close friends and family have problems with drugs and alcohol, and well.. i feel an odd sense of seeing that in him right now, and i dont mean to be jumping to these conclusions. i know.. its just i am really honestly worried.
i dont, and im sure everyone else here, doesnt want anything happening to him, and hes got his family there, and i just hope everything's okay... thats all.
im sorry if my post offended anyone or seemed gossipy.. but this is out of absolute, honest concern and i didnt want to say anything before about it, but i am really scared. call me insane, but i am.

maybe its just age, but hes pretty young if you look at it... ad some of this is sudden and it just isnt him. hes got this natural energy and joy that seems to be. not so much there anymore and it shocked me recently. there is a huge difference all of a sudden. is it stupid of me to worry? maybe so, he isnt my husband, or father, or brother, or personal friend, .... but i care anyway and he means alot to me anyway. and this world needs him and his own family, and hes just a great, unique guy, that is so damn rare in this world anymore and i just hope he's okay... or that if he IS doing something.. it isnt anything "hard" like heroin or cocaine.. or developing any serious drinking problem...

but anything that causes you to be this sad in the eyes and different, doesnt seem like something someone would do just for "recreation". seems to be something deeper going on, and it obvious in his eyes.

again, sorry for this emotional outburst of sorts, or sounding like a lunatic.

greenslimer said:
i wasnt talking about what bono did in the past. im more so concerned about whats going on now.
i am a little worried i must say...

ive seen some recent TV things hes done and pics, and heard things from fans about him seeming sick, or that hed been crying or his eyes were very bloodshot and he seemed very sad., and he seems yes... "distant" in his eyes and seems very very sad. he doesnt seem himself. especially during the Hall of Fame ceremony here in the USA. he really did not seem like the same Bono, and did indeed seem distant and his eyes were strange.
then, after hearing some things online here, and other things, it got me really scared, and ive had close friends and family have problems with drugs and alcohol, and well.. i feel an odd sense of seeing that in him right now, and i dont mean to be jumping to these conclusions. i know.. its just i am really honestly worried.
i dont, and im sure everyone else here, doesnt want anything happening to him, and hes got his family there, and i just hope everything's okay... thats all.
im sorry if my post offended anyone or seemed gossipy.. but this is out of absolute, honest concern and i didnt want to say anything before about it, but i am really scared. call me insane, but i am.

maybe its just age, but hes pretty young if you look at it... ad some of this is sudden and it just isnt him. hes got this natural energy and joy that seems to be. not so much there anymore and it shocked me recently. there is a huge difference all of a sudden. is it stupid of me to worry? maybe so, he isnt my husband, or father, or brother, or personal friend, .... but i care anyway and he means alot to me anyway. and this world needs him and his own family, and hes just a great, unique guy, that is so damn rare in this world anymore and i just hope he's okay... or that if he IS doing something.. it isnt anything "hard" like heroin or cocaine.. or developing any serious drinking problem...

but anything that causes you to be this sad in the eyes and different, doesnt seem like something someone would do just for "recreation". seems to be something deeper going on, and it obvious in his eyes.

again, sorry for this emotional outburst of sorts, or sounding like a lunatic.

You sound more like someone trying to stir shit. The majority of your posts talk about Bono sleeping with Andrea Corr, I think Bono's got a nose job, is he doing drugs, are U2 sleeping with groupies?

What's your deal? Just because you seem to think he has some distant look in his eyes there should be concern, I think his wife and bandmates would be able to see the "look" before you would.

I'm sorry but I question you sincerity, your posts make you look like your trying to spread rumors.

Oh and your first line kinda gave away that you and the blobette are one in the same.

Last edited:
i am blobette. i was having an issue with that account.
i dont deny that... and never intended to.

and no, im not trying to stir shit.

Mullen used to roll marijuana as Howie B taught him how to do it during the POP sessions, but Mullen never took that stuff. Howie B was a constant marijuana smoker so he was stoned all the time in the studio. I guess it partly explains the musical shortcomings of POP -one of their producers/mixers was not in the proper state of mind.

Cheers,

J

If Bono's having drug problems, he's definitely the most functional addict I've ever seen.

Travelling around the world, playing long tours, social activist, promoting charity organisations...

Back
Top Bottom