Dreamtime U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meghan

Refugee
(Inspired by the 'Bono Dream' post in PLEBA)

Time to share all the 'real' dreams you've had about U2 -- Not fantasies, sleepy-time dreams.

Here's mine:
I live in a small town with virtually no U2 fans. In my dreams, U2 keep coming to perform here. I go, and there's a pretty big crowd at first, but after a song or two, everyone leaves except me. Then the band realises almost everyone's gone, so they leave.
I go backstage and meet them (individually, not as a group) -- Edge was about to get changed, so he told me to piss off. I asked Larry if he liked Australia. He said, 'No, 'cos we don't seem to have any fans here.'
I don't remember what Bono or Adam said.

Your turn! (Not too dirty please!:wink: )

I had a U2 dream years ago that I've never forgotten.

I was at a U2 concert (no idea where), JT era, in a major stadium. I was walking throught the crowd; everyone in the audience was standing about four feet apart. They were moving, singing along, waving arms, etc., but they didn't crush, push, rush, very strange, very dreamy; the stage was to my right, it seemed huge. All the lights were blue. The song was 'Exit'; I could hear every note, every measure--my dreaming brain was playing back a perfect recording of the Rattle and Hum version (which struck me as seriously cool when I woke up, that the brain can do that :hmm:). And the music was louder than the crowd--I could barely hear the shouting of the people, like they were a mile or two away, when I was right next to them.

I continued walking through the crowd, approaching the stage at an angle, until I looked up into blue lights, and there he was--vest, hair, sweat, blue eyes, and he was looking at me. Then he went roaming the stage like usual.

(At this point the song changed to Bad, same clarity of mental playback.)

After a verse or two, he jumped down off the stage, and started walking through the crowd--and they still didn't move. I was the only one who turned and followed him. They didn't even turn to watch him going; they were all staring at the stage. He was just strolling around, singing.

I caught up to him, and reached out my hand to touch his hair----and I @#&%$##$ WOKE UP!! Well, damn.

But, anyway, it was a very interesting dream; the thing that kept coming back to me was the complete clarity of the music. It was like I was actually hearing it again, not like I was remembering.

The closest I've come to dreaming about them was very disappointing. I dreamed I was singing a U2 song and the only lyrics I could recall when I awoke were, "east of omaha". Then someone told me that wasn't a U2 song, it was a Bob Seger song. So not only am I unlucky in life, but unlucky in my dreams as well.
cryingtissuebox.gif

I had this dream once. Even before i was a fan.
U2 had a crash or something like that, and i saved their lives:)wink:, yeah it's...). Super-me, ha? As i had a sympathy then, i asked Bono to make the prettiest love song ever, and to dedicate it to her. I also said that i want to tour with them(free tix and all) and with that girl. Bono said, ok about the song, but tour... Then i saw guitar(Edge's guitar) and played "One" perfectly for the first time in my life( i don't know how to play it) and Edge said, and i will quote:
"If you play guitar like that you can tour with us, you must tour with us."
Larry said hell o no, so i played Acrobat on drums.
Adam was coll and all but i played Mofo on bass so he was happy.
So i went touring with them. By the time we came in Zagreb again, this song became the biggest hit in the history, bigger than Like a Rolling Stone. On every show, Bono said story about making this song. So i lived happily ever after with my girl.

Now when i'm a fan i always dream about beeing in Sarajevo on that day when PopMart tour was there

Ok, this is not a happy one.
I dreamed not too long ago that Bono was very depressed and had committed suicide in some very dark ruins (kind of like a cellar or something) and that people could come visit his grave that was set up at the place where he did it.
After everyone left, I was the only one there and I looked at his body and all of a sudden he started telling me why he did it :(

the soul waits said:
Ok, this is not a happy one.
I dreamed not too long ago that Bono was very depressed and had committed suicide in some very dark ruins (kind of like a cellar or something) and that people could come visit his grave that was set up at the place where he did it.
After everyone left, I was the only one there and I looked at his body and all of a sudden he started telling me why he did it :(
:dancing: :giggle: :drool:

Back
Top Bottom