Dream U2 gig location.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:
Why are so many people here incapable of thinking of venues outside their own country despite the poster stating Ireland and one's own country are out?

Yup Axver, a point most have failed to notice, bar a few. As long as everyone is happy tho. Wen I ask a question, I do tend to stipulate criteria (as I like definitive answers). But you can be sure as gods in belgium, most will ignore the esscence of the question. tis ok tho, its only fun.

Let's see who didn't read the original post and chose their own country. Would the following like to try again?

- Headache in a Suitcase (US)
- Celticfc (Scotland; probably, anyway)
- dsmith2904 (US)
- Bono's Doll (US)
- craigp (England)
- Zooropa man (US)
- wtonis (The Netherlands)
- dmalezi (US)
- silvrlvr (US)

Hmm ...

Imagine a return to Red Rocks!!!!!!

The Gorge Amphitheater(with jaw-dropping backdrop and sunsets) near Seattle would take the cake. It can also hold 20,000 people and could probably accomodate all u2's production.

COACHELLA!!!!

u2fp

Théâtre d'Orange, France. After seeing the video of The Cure in Orange in the late 80's i'd always hoped they would play this venue.

Attachments

• 02forange.jpg
    02forange.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 35
All righty, then.

The Olympia, Paris.

Suntory Hall, Tokyo (or the field inside the Meiji Shrine. Let's rock the monks!)

The pasture in Salzburg where Julie Andrews ran around in the Sound of Music.

Carnegie Hall!!!!!(seriously)

Royal Albert Hall!!!!!(has any member of U2 played there?)

Budokon in Tokyo

Any huge-ass stadium(100,000+) in mainland Asia or India.

Foot of the Pyramids

Red Square in Moscow

I was just going to say Fenway, they should have done it in 2005 not the freaking Rolling Stones, this year we get The Police.

That or right behind Fenway's Green Monster at the Avalon Ballroom, small rock club, always a fun venue. Club tour...:drool:

1 night at Safeco field(Mariners Baseball stadium) and 1 night at the Seahawks(NFL)Stadium next door. With regular U2 tour/staging routing they could have the 2 shows over 3 days.

u2fp

Somewhere in Italy would be cool to see, considering that's where my mother is from. Also, the Milan DVD proved how great the crowd is over there. Wembley Stadium would be cool as well. Or how about my old high school? :wink:

Ideally, I'd love to see them either in Ireland or the Tabernacle in Atlanta (a smaller venue that holds about 3,000. Not a bad seat in the place.) Since those are disqualified, probably in Sao Paulo. Have they ever played a less-than-stellar show there?

cmcmc said:
Théâtre d'Orange, France. After seeing the video of The Cure in Orange in the late 80's i'd always hoped they would play this venue.

Ahh, one of my fav concerts, love it!

Zooropa man said:

Yeah, good choice. Getting out of there would hell!!! :mad:

But I thought about that too. Good venue.

You either get there really early (which most of us do anyway) so parking's not too much of a problem or you take the shuttle. All of us hanging out under the stars with our picnic baskets and bottles of wine, listening to one of the greatest bands ever--what could be better than that?

And, yes, I do live in the US and picked a US venue. It's just, this is the place I would most like to see U2 play.

Last edited:
Maracana Stadium

Rusia, Moscu's Red Square

TOKYO DOME

the new Wembley :drool:

Great Wall of China

Easter Island :drool:

pepokiss said:
TOKYO DOME

.......is said(by touring crews) to have the worst acoustics of any venue in the world.

I think it would be cool for U2 to play their first proper Irish gig, not in the Dublin area, in over 10 years.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom