Dream artists who you want to cover U2 songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bonochick said:
Ryan Adams - Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

Hey Bonochick, I'm a pretty big fan of Ryan too (although I have to admit I know Heartbreaker and Gold a lot better than the albums that followed - not that they're bad, I just haven't devoted time to them yet). Anyway, I was wondering if you heard Ryan tell the story about how he found out Bono and The Corrs covered When The Stars Go Blue? The Circuit City thing? It's pretty funny.

REM - a real version of One
Peter Gabriel - So Cruel..
Sarah Mclachlan
Bjork - Mofo or If God Will Send
Bruce - In God's Country
Pearl Jam - The Fly
New Order - Lemon or Crashed Car

there is an amazing tribute album waiting to be made.

I and I in the said:
No Doubt- Miami

That would probably sound pretty awesome! I never thought of that combo before.

I've ALWAYS, ALWAYS wanted Tori Amos to cover "Bad". I've just always wanted to hear what she would do with that song. Although, I think she could probably do some interesting things with "Please" as well.

For Radiohead, maybe something like "Tomorrow" . . . giving it a "You and Whose Army?"/"Motion Picture Soundtrack" treatment. Radiohead needs something a little bleak or paranoid. Maybe "Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car" or "Wire".

Robert Smith hates U2, so I don't ever see The Cure covering a U2 song.

Oooh, how about Depeche Mode doing "Promenade" or "With Or Without You", "All I Want Is You" . . . ahhh, Dave's baritone on a line like "All the promises we break/From the cradle to the grave/When all I want is you." THAT would be killer!

FitzChivalry said:

Oooh, how about Depeche Mode doing "Promenade" or "With Or Without You", "All I Want Is You" . . . ahhh, Dave's baritone on a line like "All the promises we break/From the cradle to the grave/When all I want is you." THAT would be killer!

the main man from DM hates bono so i dont see them covering that..

Sting - Mothers Of The Disappeared

I think this would be a great cover, perhaps just acoustic, Sting's vocals would be GOLDEN on this song.

"Hear their heart beats, we hear their heart beats"

"Woah, oh oh oh... Woah oh oh..."

:drool:

theu2fly said:
Sting - Mothers Of The Disappeared

I think this would be a great cover, perhaps just acoustic, Sting's vocals would be GOLDEN on this song.

"Hear their heart beats, we hear their heart beats"

"Woah, oh oh oh... Woah oh oh..."

:drool:

It would be great if he did it live and lead the song into They Dance Alone, his take on the subject.

vaz02 said:
the main man from DM hates bono so i dont see them covering that..

:no:
I have NEVER heard that before. Define "main man". Dave Gahan is the lead singer, Martin Gore the main songwriting. Either way, I've never heard that before.

In fact, Dave Gahan watched Elevation from the mixing board when U2 played the Arrowhead Pond back in 2001.

I've heard Dave Gahan doesn't like Simon LeBon from Duran Duran because Simon was arrogant and capricious to him, but I've never heard or read him say anything bad about U2.

I think you got your sources mixed up.

Now Robert Smith . . . Robert Smith has been quoted as saying he hates U2 and Bono. That I won't contend.

Moby "Zooropa"
Tool "Exit"
System Of A Down "The Electric Co"
Doves "Sort Of Homecoming"
Bloodhound Gang "Numb"
Gnarles Barkley "Gone"

Dream Theater - The Unforgettable Fire, One Tree Hill, All I Want Is You, Acrobat (those four mainly chosen to hear Petrucci take their solos to another level entirely)

Porcupine Tree - A Sort Of Homecoming, Heartland, Wild Irish Rose, Please, Wake Up Dead Man

Anathema - Exit, God Part II, Dirty Day

And this would just be awesome:

Song: The Fly
James LaBrie (Dream Theater) - vocals
Mikael Akerfeldt (Opeth) - vocals, rhythm guitar
John Petrucci (Dream Theater) - lead guitar
Tony Choy (Atheist) - bass
Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater) - drums
Kevin Moore (Dream Theater, Chroma Key) - keyboards

Song: Last Night On Earth
Neil Finn (Split Enz, Crowded House) - vocals, lead guitar
Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree) - vocals, rhythm guitar
John Myung (Dream Theater) - bass
Derek Sherinian (quite a few) - keyboards

Song: The Electric Co.
Michael Eriksen (Circus Maximus) - vocals
Vincent Cavanagh (Anathema) - vocals, lead guitar
Sean Malone (Cynic, Gordian Knot) - bass

Last edited:
Kildare said:

Hey Bonochick, I'm a pretty big fan of Ryan too (although I have to admit I know Heartbreaker and Gold a lot better than the albums that followed - not that they're bad, I just haven't devoted time to them yet). Anyway, I was wondering if you heard Ryan tell the story about how he found out Bono and The Corrs covered When The Stars Go Blue? The Circuit City thing? It's pretty funny.

YES! :giggle: I love that. :heart:

Back
Top Bottom