DOWNLOAD U2's New Single "ELECTRICAL STORM"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do we even know if this is a "finished" version of this song? What if it's different when it's released? I'm not surprised at all of the controversy. Some people never want to hear ATYCLB again. Some people never want to hear Pop again. Some people still want War II. Some people want...................heck, even they don't know. I don't know if this is a sign of things to come or things that have gone......for a single on a compilation, they perhaps did take one out of the ATYCLB sessions and are now plotting something entirely different and shocking for the next batch of new stuff. We'll find out in, I say, two years..............:laugh: :love: :shocked: :evil: :censored:

Hawk269 said:

Not only could you make a Stuck comparison to any boy band song, but you could also make a case for Elevation being similar to "Song 2" by Blur (does "woo-hoo" ring a bell?). Do I actually equate boy bands, Blur, and these other pop groups with U2? Of course not. My point is that you and others on this forum make this association between new U2, mainstream sounding music, and selling out. If U2 has not yet proven to you that they are not sell outs, and are just creating the music that they, personally, want to create, then why do you bother listening? I happen to believe that U2 released this song because they liked it. Typically, I share their taste in music, so I liked it also. They liked many of the songs off of Zooropa and Pop also, and guess what, they released it to the dismay of many fans and non-fans alike.

And what is so wrong with U2 doing their version of mainstream music? How else can you "bite the arse of the pop charts" and create songs that kick down the door of radio stations so that meaningful lyrics actually get on the air? Personally, I would rather hear U2 on the radio than pop sh*t. More importantly, I love ATYCLB not because it is so different than past songs I have heard - I love it because it is U2 bringing their version of modern, mainstream rock. Doing it better than anyone else does it. It is U2 adapted to the music of the day. But they are still doing it their way. They don't have to come out with Indo-Celtic trance music to be good. They can write songs that have a big mainstream sounding riff and still be excellent. It is still the U2 I know and love. The intention is the same as it always was - trying to write a song with a hook so good you will be humming the sound of it for weeks, and thinking about the lyrics as well.

That statement is highly debatable and subjective. I could make a strong case for Elevation sounding like song 2 by Blur. By your logic, Elevation was a sell out also because it sounds like something that was already accepted as mainstream rock. Why dissect everything in that context, trying to decipher U2's commercial intent with the song? How about thinking of it this way - this song f'n rocks, so let's put it on the album.

Like I said before - it is time to stop throwing around the term sell out, or even implying it, where U2 is concerned. If they have not proven to you by now (after over 20 years) that they are the real deal and authentic musicians, then you obviously doubt their musical integrity, and you are not someone I consider a true fan. I believe that the true fans on this board respect the band enough to trust their musical integrity and not release some pop crap to sell a billion more records. Period.

AJ
:rolleyes:
Just letting you know...I don't like it when people put words in my mouth: I never once said, or implied, that U2 were selling out. That was only your perception, and that's not my fault. I only said that with 'ES', they have created a song that actually fits into the over-all plethora of modern rock radio formats -- and does so without sounding terribly distinct. In the past -- and this goes for ATYCLB, too -- U2 have managed to get played on the radio without sounding at all like anything else. This time, they do. That's all. I repeat: I did not say they sold out, and nor did I imply it. I agree with you that they continue to release material that they like, and I never once stated otherwise.

As for your assertion that 'Stuck' sounds like a boy-band song, I adamently disagree with you. 'Stuck' sounds more like, if anything, a Van Morrison song, and he's a legend (ie, blows anything by N'Synch, etc, away). You said yourself, with your 'Beautiful Day' example, U2 have written pop songs that actually have soul. That's exactly my view, and it also applies to 'Stuck'. (It seems we actually agree on a lot of things, Hawk269, so I don't quite know why you are so off-put?) 'Elevation' is another song that has soul, and in my honest opinion, it doesn't sound at all like Song2 by Blur, despite the "hooo hoos". Song2 is much more bombastic, much more raw, and much more of a garage party song than the version of 'Elevation' that ruled the charts (and especially the version on ATYCLB). Their sounds are completely dissimilar, and I'm not speaking subjectively at all.

You say you love ATYCLB because "it is U2 bringing their version of modern, mainstream rock." However, like I said before, ATYCLB is nothing like modern rock, in sound, scope, feel, and structure. It's rock, but it's not modern. 'Electrical Storm', however, is. Now if the song was "mainstream and modern" but still was an amazing tune, nonetheless, I wouldn't mind so much. 'Electrical Storm' hasn't amazed me, but I realize that's just me. My opinion. You also say you don't mind U2 putting out "mainstream" material like 'Electrical Storm' because it is U2 securing their position in the mainstream, correct? So which is it? Did U2 release it because they like it? Or is it because they just wanted to secure their position? You said it was a compromise, correct? Well, fair enough. I agree that U2 doesn't exist in a vacuum, but I do feel that they may be selling themselves a little short -- and that's not selling out.:)

Last edited:
hmmm- I just listened to the song and it really dosn't have 'hit' written over it to me, but hey that dosnt matter, sounds very similar to the material that was on ATYCLB, I like the song a bit, but I doubt I would dig it if it were not U2, they really are sounding so 'adult contemporary' these days. oh well at least there is always the back catalogue to listen to:)

I'm a bit puzzled by all this discussion for this song. :confused:

First, there are many of you who feel this new song is too "adult contemporary". Yet, in the same breath, many also state it sounds too much like Nickelback and/or Coldplay. These two groups are up and coming rock groups that now dominate the Modern Rock scene. Therefore, I feel it is contradictory to say that "Electrical Storm" (E-Storm) sounds like Coldplay/Nickelback yet it's also adult contemporary (AC). Either this means that you also feel these new upcoming young rock groups sound too AC or you simply have lost touch of what "modern rock" is in 2002. Styles and sounds change and perhaps the problem isn't U2 - it's you. Some of you may have this atiquated notion of what new, hip, modern rock is and you are just out of vogue.

Second, some of you claim that E-Storm is better than anything on ATYCLB or that Bono sounds better on this song than he has on ATYCLB. I disagree with both. Bono's vocals on ATYCLB are better than anything U2's released since R&H. Although AB is a brilliant album, it's not because of Bono's vocals. Gone were the soaring operatic notes that were featured on U2's 80's work - and I believe this was done intentionally. Instead of an "operatic" Bono, we heard a scratchy Bono ("One"), a whispering Bono ("The Fly"), a distorted Bono ("Zoo Station") and a Bono that would even speak - instead of singing - his lyrics ("Until the End..."). While these vocal experimentations only enhanced AB, clearly AB was not designed to showcase Bono's vocal abilities (like JT). The same was true with "Zooropa" (where more vocal distortions, soft tones and falsettos dominated). On "Pop" we had some stronger vocals, but we also heard Bono almost struggling with the notes. ATYCLB brought us back to both the "U2 sound" and to Bono's classic wails. E-Storm is just an extension of that.

As for ATYCLB itself, I feel the album is brilliant. Perhaps it needed one more kicker of a song (E-Storm?) to make it truly shine, but I was really able to appreciate the song-writing ability and the mood created by this album - something I have not truly felt from a U2 release since AB (and I adore "Zooropa"). To dismiss ATYCLB as nothing more than a bunch of AC tunes suggests that you have close-mindedly placed U2 in a box and unless U2 delivers what you expect, they should be dismissed. The "problem" here, once again, is not U2 - but you.

Lastly, I feel many are vastly over-interpreting this song. I do not feel this song is reflective of the new album or necessarily of the past. I believe this song was initially created during the ATYCLB sessions, but clearly U2 did not feel it belonged on this album. In other words, it's a tiny bit of a "throw-away" song - not in the sense that it's not good, but that it really did not have a home on any U2 album. As such, U2 decided to release it as a single between albums. That's it and that's all.

Bono has stated in the past that he enjoys releasing singles between albums - yet oddly enough, U2 haven't really done this that often. But here, E-Storm is that single. It's meant to have a 90's feel to it so that it blends with that era of U2's work (and I feel it succeeds), but I feel its true purpose is to advertise the new "Best Of". It's not meant to tell us the future of U2. The song has one purpose - marketing. And for a song with just that goal in mind, I think U2 did a pretty good job of creating something unique. They could have come up with some super-catchy song guaranteed to race up the charts, but instead, they created something that lacks a refrain/chorus and is very emotional. Plus, Bono's soaring vocals (the one thing that actually doesn't blend with U2's 90's work, IMO) make this a difficult track to sing to. Yet, it has the advantage of not sounding like everything else that's out there yet still being a very, VERY solid piece of musicianship.

Therefore, I feel we should just sit back and enjoy the next "Best Of." If the new songs aren't for you - just remember that they were mostly made to market a new "Best Of" (or an upcoming movie). They are not indicative of U2's future. If you aren't happy with U2's latest efforts, then perhaps YOU need to take a break from U2 and see what else is out there. But don't expect U2 to create music for your tastes - it will never happen.

I have listened to it six times now and definitely feel the song grows on you! I find that sometimes happens with U2 songs - some grow on me faster than others - but then I end up loving them all the same!

I think everyone is getting a little heavy with the discussion about this single - the band releases what they want when they want and nobody but them knows the direction they are headed - that's what makes U2 so unique in this teeny-bop, cheesy boy band/girl band controlled world and that's why I am a huge fan and have been for the past 16 years.

I have to say that I don't agree it betters everything on ATYCLB either.

Let's just enjoy the fact that there is (at last) another single to listen to and enjoy - I know I am!

Bono rules - his voice is just amazing and I could listen to it for ever without tiring of it.

Last edited:
All of this talk about where the new single fits is pretty funny :lmao: bc I don't think it's meant to reflect a certain era or let us know what direction they're going in. It's a song to go with the Best Of, standing by itself and let's analyze it that way. I love the vocals and the unique guitar and it's definitely grown on me after listening to it closely 20+ times. It's a fine tune that probably has some legs, but here's the kicker, this may or may not be the final version so just relax and enjoy the fact that we've got some new music! This is 2002 U2 people, don't worry about comparing, just enjoy what's going on!!!!!

doctorwho said:

First, there are many of you who feel this new song is too "adult contemporary". Yet, in the same breath, many also state it sounds too much like Nickelback and/or Coldplay. These two groups are up and coming rock groups that now dominate the Modern Rock scene. Therefore, I feel it is contradictory to say that "Electrical Storm" (E-Storm) sounds like Coldplay/Nickelback yet it's also adult contemporary (AC). Either this means that you also feel these new upcoming young rock groups sound too AC or you simply have lost touch of what "modern rock" is in 2002. Styles and sounds change and perhaps the problem isn't U2 - it's you. Some of you may have this atiquated notion of what new, hip, modern rock is and you are just out of vogue.

Second, some of you claim that E-Storm is better than anything on ATYCLB or that Bono sounds better on this song than he has on ATYCLB. I disagree with both. Bono's vocals on ATYCLB are better than anything U2's released since R&H. Although AB is a brilliant album, it's not because of Bono's vocals. Gone were the soaring operatic notes that were featured on U2's 80's work - and I believe this was done intentionally. Instead of an "operatic" Bono, we heard a scratchy Bono ("One"), a whispering Bono ("The Fly"), a distorted Bono ("Zoo Station") and a Bono that would even speak - instead of singing - his lyrics ("Until the End..."). While these vocal experimentations only enhanced AB, clearly AB was not designed to showcase Bono's vocal abilities (like JT). The same was true with "Zooropa" (where more vocal distortions, soft tones and falsettos dominated). On "Pop" we had some stronger vocals, but we also heard Bono almost struggling with the notes. ATYCLB brought us back to both the "U2 sound" and to Bono's classic wails. E-Storm is just an extension of that.

As for ATYCLB itself, I feel the album is brilliant. Perhaps it needed one more kicker of a song (E-Storm?) to make it truly shine, but I was really able to appreciate the song-writing ability and the mood created by this album - something I have not truly felt from a U2 release since AB (and I adore "Zooropa"). To dismiss ATYCLB as nothing more than a bunch of AC tunes suggests that you have close-mindedly placed U2 in a box and unless U2 delivers what you expect, they should be dismissed. The "problem" here, once again, is not U2 - but you.

Lastly, I feel many are vastly over-interpreting this song. I do not feel this song is reflective of the new album or necessarily of the past. I believe this song was initially created during the ATYCLB sessions, but clearly U2 did not feel it belonged on this album. In other words, it's a tiny bit of a "throw-away" song - not in the sense that it's not good, but that it really did not have a home on any U2 album. As such, U2 decided to release it as a single between albums. That's it and that's all.

Bono has stated in the past that he enjoys releasing singles between albums - yet oddly enough, U2 haven't really done this that often. But here, E-Storm is that single. It's meant to have a 90's feel to it so that it blends with that era of U2's work (and I feel it succeeds), but I feel its true purpose is to advertise the new "Best Of". It's not meant to tell us the future of U2. The song has one purpose - marketing. And for a song with just that goal in mind, I think U2 did a pretty good job of creating something unique. They could have come up with some super-catchy song guaranteed to race up the charts, but instead, they created something that lacks a refrain/chorus and is very emotional. Plus, Bono's soaring vocals (the one thing that actually doesn't blend with U2's 90's work, IMO) make this a difficult track to sing to. Yet, it has the advantage of not sounding like everything else that's out there yet still being a very, VERY solid piece of musicianship.

Therefore, I feel we should just sit back and enjoy the next "Best Of." If the new songs aren't for you - just remember that they were mostly made to market a new "Best Of" (or an upcoming movie). They are not indicative of U2's future. If you aren't happy with U2's latest efforts, then perhaps YOU need to take a break from U2 and see what else is out there. But don't expect U2 to create music for your tastes - it will never happen.

That was masterfully put good Doctor. I couldn't agree with you more, and echo your sentiments. Your post are always very well thought out, and I appreciate them very much.

It is indeed difficult to come to the forum sometimes, and have people over analyze and criticize U2 to the point where they almost talk themselves out of appreciating and enjoying the work U2 creates. I will keep it at that out of appreciation for what you said above, and how much the contents of it decribes how I feel about U2, and the new song. Thanks again good Doctor.

Chris

doctorwho said:

I completely agree with just about everything you've said here, Doctorwho. The only thing I can add is that, possibly, the reason why people's complaints seem self-contradictory is due to the complainers not all agreeing on the same things. For example, some say it sounds like Nickleback, while *others* say it sounds like Coldplay. And if you do find someone who says it sounds like both Nickleback and Coldplay, that may be due to the variances in the song itself. Like 'Beautiful Day', which Daniel Lanois admitted was "fabrication" -- because it uses digital patch work to bring the song together -- 'E-Storm' is made up of many different parts that all sound different. Some parts may sound a bit like Coldplay, while others may sound a little like Nickleback; and sometimes, you may have both sounds layered on top of each other. This song doesn't sound finished, and I believe, and hope, that some of these layers and edges will be trimmed a bit.

I, for one, don't think it sounds much like Coldplay, and, really, not that much like Nickleback. I do, however, think it fits right into the formats of American rock radio, and into the over-all sound of that demographic. I'm not trying to complain, but even 'Sweetest Thing' sounded different than anything else out there -- and that was a song that was used, as you put it, to "market a new U2 best of." I just had another thought: you state that 'E-Storm' isn't indicatave of U2's future because of this reason alone, but don't you think 'Sweetest Thing' was slightly indicative of U2's future? It had some retro U2 80s guitar (the first time we heard it after Pop), and it was very much a soul/pop song (both are elements that run throughout ATYCLB).

As for my opinion, I don't think the song sounds "adult contemporary," just lacking a truly distinct sound. By distinct, I don't mean the U2 sound, for that's there; what I mean is something that sounds truly different in the context of radio, itself. This is the first time that a U2 single hasn't accomplished this, and that's my only real complaint.

On a side note, I did catch myself with the verse in my head as I went to sleep last night. That's a good sign!:)

Some excellent writting from DrWho.I think by the time this song would be on the radio,I would consider it a classic.I have to confess I had my initial hiccups as well.But then you have to be more than fussy to not like a u2 songs.This worked exactly like Beautiful Day, when I first heard it, I only liked in parts and then on part lead to another and slowly I started liking whole song.As far as I can remember one tends to get into the most catchy parts and they lead you through the entire song.Atleast this is how I am in the process of becoming a U2 fan.

I think u2 would be proud of this song when it will played against some of the modern young rock bands.

One more thing, after repeated listening, the lyircs starts to take a deeper meaning...even light refereces of coffee and truck sounds purposeful.

Considering what Bon Jovi and other so called greats are putting out, this is a gem

Michael Griffiths said:
On a side note, I did catch myself with the verse in my head as I went to sleep last night. That's a good sign!:)

Definitely Michael, me too ;) The entire song is stuck in my head, to be fair with you. I?m already addicted to Electrical Storm. In fact I?m feeling more like a kid with a new toy, LOL

Silly follower loves U2 :D

I agree with a bit of what you said Doctor Who, I guess for me I am just so used to U2 being quite experimental and pushing the boundaries and I just dont hear that in the new song or in ATYCLB, but hey this is just me and if this is the main single to be released with the new best of I really do thing it is a poor cousin to the single they released with the last best of, IE: Sweetest Thing and as I listen to it right now, what is with Bono going for the falsetto- stop it!!! he almost sounds off key I do think though that this song if it is on the best off is going to sound really out of place amongst all of the gem material on thealbum, I just cant see this song in the same line up as The Fly, Mysterious Ways or even Discoteque, anyway maybe the song will grow on me.....:)

OzAurora said:
I agree with a bit of what you said Doctor Who, I guess for me I am just so used to U2 being quite experimental and pushing the boundaries and I just dont hear that in the new song or in ATYCLB, but hey this is just me and if this is the main single to be released with the new best of I really do thing it is a poor cousin to the single they released with the last best of, IE: Sweetest Thing and as I listen to it right now, what is with Bono going for the falsetto- stop it!!! he almost sounds off key I do think though that this song if it is on the best off is going to sound really out of place amongst all of the gem material on thealbum, I just cant see this song in the same line up as The Fly, Mysterious Ways or even Discoteque, anyway maybe the song will grow on me.....:)

I don't know Oz... while I agree with U2 in that the first version of "The Sweetest Thing" was a bit rough and I felt the second version really a far more finely-tuned that song, I also wasn't excited by it. That is, I felt U2 "copped-out" with that song. They simply redid one of their old songs, which, to me, made it seem like they put the absolute least amount of effort into that first "Best Of" collection. I was rather disappointed by U2's decision there. Had U2 created one new song and this remake, I would have been more impressed.

In contrast, even if everyone isn't a fan of E-Storm, I appreciate the fact that it is BRAND NEW U2. Also, based on what I read, it really seems like U2 is putting a lot more effort into this second "Best Of." First, there are not one but two BRAND NEW songs on the collection. :dance: Then there's the special DVD. And there might be some fun b-sides too. For this alone, I am appreciative and far more impressed. "Revisiting" an old song is fine now and then (like when U2 or U2 members redo a song for a charity album), but I just didn't like it for a new U2 release (even if it was a "Best Of").

With regards to Bono's vocals - don't go there Oz. :macdevil: This is the best Bono has sounded since JT. To go from a screaming, open throat note to a falsetto in a matter of just a few words showcases his extreme vocal talents. And, I feel he is using the falsetto perfectly here (much like he did in the 80's). The 90's seemed a bit heavy on the falsetto, but it's just right here. So back away from the vocals... :sexywink:

Originally posted by Michael Griffiths
I just had another thought: you state that 'E-Storm' isn't indicatave of U2's future because of this reason alone, but don't you think 'Sweetest Thing' was slightly indicative of U2's future? It had some retro U2 80s guitar (the first time we heard it after Pop), and it was very much a soul/pop song (both are elements that run throughout ATYCLB).

If I gave that impression, allow me not to retract it. I meant to say that E-Storm is not NECESSARILY indicative of U2's future. It could very well be.

That said, once again, we go back to "The Sweetest Thing." To me, while I thoroughly enjoy the remake, I'm not 100% convinced it was a sign of U2 to come (on ATYCLB). Yes, there are hints of it on ATYCLB, but there were hints of those sounds well before the remake of "Sweetest Thing" was released. For example, the echo/delay effect on "Beautiful Day" is something Edge has used throughout U2's career. The acoustic sound on "Wild Honey" was probably inspired by the brilliant acoustic version of "Staring at the Sun" that U2 did in concert (and I feel U2 should do MORE acoustic songs). "New York" - especially the very end - is reminiscent of "October" and "Unfor. Fire." In other words, I feel that ATYCLB captures the best of U2 from their past, but with an updated twist. In contrast, I didn't get that feeling from the remake of "Sweetest Thing." I always felt it was just U2 going back to "correct" something. In my mind, the remake was truly a step back (which is completely appropriate considering it was done for a 80's "Best Of" collections); whereas, I felt ATYCLB was U2 reflecting on ALL of their past sounds and going FORWARD by putting a modern spin on them.

Last edited:
doctorwho said:

With regards to Bono's vocals - don't go there Oz. :macdevil: This is the best Bono has sounded since JT. To go from a screaming, open throat note to a falsetto in a matter of just a few words showcases his extreme vocal talents. And, I feel he is using the falsetto perfectly here (much like he did in the 80's). The 90's seemed a bit heavy on the falsetto, but it's just right here. So back away from the vocals... :sexywink:

no way Doctor, I can not agree with that, do you really think that his voice is sounding the best it has since J-Tree, that is ludicrous!!! now I know that the version of storm that we are all hearing now is a rough one and if it does become a single or a song on the best off that it will end up sounding more polished but from hearing it I really do think that Bono's voice does not sound that great - now it is not bad but it surely does not compare to the way he sounded on Achtung (Mysterious Ways) or Rattle (AIWIY, Heartland) or even Miss Sarajevo all of these display his voice as being far better than what I am hearing on electrical storm:scratch:

OzAurora said:

no way Doctor, I can not agree with that, do you really think that his voice is sounding the best it has since J-Tree, that is ludicrous!!! now I know that the version of storm that we are all hearing now is a rough one and if it does become a single or a song on the best off that it will end up sounding more polished but from hearing it I really do think that Bono's voice does not sound that great - now it is not bad but it surely does not compare to the way he sounded on Achtung (Mysterious Ways) or Rattle (AIWIY, Heartland) or even Miss Sarajevo all of these display his voice as being far better than what I am hearing on electrical storm:scratch:

My apologies - you are right - this is the best his voice has sounded since R&H.

NOTHING on AB truly showcases Bono's vocals. Ditto for "Zooropa". I'm not saying that Bono's vocals on either album were poor, but nothing really pushed him either. And your example, "Mysterious Ways", was hardly vocally strong. Bono seemed to strain to sing the entire song! And "Miss Sarajevo"?? Yes, it sure is a challenge to virtually whisper/speak a song.

Perhaps instead of scratching your head, you should clean your ears. *snicker* :sexywink:

Ok, I've listened to it between 75 and 100 times now (many loops while trying to pick out stuff on the guitar -- anyone seen tabs posted for this yet?), and I STILL LOVE IT! It's so freaking addicting!

But I have a strong hunch this IS the actual version that will be released. It seems there's always a discussion about an early leaked song being a "rough" version, and I can't recall that ever being the case in the end.

I do think this could be a huge hit this winter. Everyone I played it for really likes it -- including casual fans.

doctorwho said:

My apologies - you are right - this is the best his voice has sounded since R&H.

NOTHING on AB truly showcases Bono's vocals. Ditto for "Zooropa". I'm not saying that Bono's vocals on either album were poor, but nothing really pushed him either. And your example, "Mysterious Ways", was hardly vocally strong. Bono seemed to strain to sing the entire song! And "Miss Sarajevo"?? Yes, it sure is a challenge to virtually whisper/speak a song.

Perhaps instead of scratching your head, you should clean your ears. *snicker* :sexywink:

Ok Doctor I am not going to get into a huge debate with you about when Bono's voice was at its best since J-Tree, we may have to agree to disagree, but I do think that both Stay and Lemon show how great and diverse, whilst still sounding good, on key and fresh Bono's voice can and has been and I simply feel that those falsetto parts in storm just dont sound right to me. And looking at some of your replies about Bonos voice in other threads I am seeing that a lot of your opinion about how good his voice is lately is from boots that you have heard and I am guessing live elevation shows that you have seen, please bear in mind that us poor Aussies have not had the pleasure of seeing an elevation show on our shores and I havnt really bothered to download any recent concert boots because as you will already know I am not that great a fan of the recent material, so I am not aware as to how Bono's voice may sound live and I will grant that live sometimes ones voice can either sound very good or very bad, but just so I can have a better perspective I will download some- can you offer me a good show to start with?????:)

Mark Freedman said:
I do think this could be a huge hit this winter. Everyone I played it for really likes it -- including casual fans.

Your winter, my summer Mark;) but I can picture the same. Let me tell you, I commited the "crime" to download the song at work (still forbidden stuff) and now, everyday, past 6 pm, after the majority of co-workers have gone I keep there listening to E-Storm and surfing the net, my 1/2 hour daily trip to nowhere and everyhwere LOL...so yesterday 2 guys from the other team approached me, interested in listening to my song closer, both are not fans, but their impression was "wow, good stuff". I just laugh and said "no problema, I?m used to it". :D I bet today I?ll have more, maybe 3 or 4 casual listeners hooked ;)

They just played Electrical Storm on 102.1 the Edge in Toronto. It is slightly different than the one on BBC. It seemed to be more polished and is probably the finished product. It sounded fantastic!

Popstar said:
They just played Electrical Storm on 102.1 the Edge in Toronto. It is slightly different than the one on BBC. It seemed to be more polished and is probably the finished product. It sounded fantastic!

MP3.

Now!!!!!!!!!!

I think Bono's voice sounds incredible when he's pushing himself to reach the high notes, and doing the falsetto, but when he's singing, in essence, the easy bits "ANd if the sky can crack, there must be some way back, for love and only love" I think it sounds really really flat - like Popmart flat, which I find hard to understand. If Bono can get this great sound on the hard high notes, why does he sound so weak on the easy notes? It reminds me of New York, in the Way that he doesn't sound like he's singing, but speaking with pitch.

There are some really good bits though, in Bono's Voice.

I really like this song!

The best part is the chorus and end, I especially love the pre-riff bit just after the second chorus!

Hooray for "Electrical Storm" (P.S. didn't everyone think it was to be called "Electric" not "Electrical"?)

I LOVE IT!!!!

Oh My God, I finally downloaded it! It's awesome!!!!! I love it....:drool: :drool: :drool:

It actually reminds me of the UF era, and Bono's voice sounds awesome!!!

So happy to have new U2
:dance: :dance: :dance:

I have to say I like the album version alot more than the original demo that aired. The album version rocks harder which is great! I would rate the album version a solid 7 or 8 out of 10. I had the demo at a 6.

The album version is great, I was surprised at the difference to the demo version. I think in particular that the intro is improved, and the best surprise of all is the improvement in Bono's singing.:yes: I didn't expect to hear those high notes from again!

Hello to mr.falsetto, good to have you back!:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :yes:

Back
Top Bottom