DOWNLOAD U2's New Single "ELECTRICAL STORM"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: I love it

Sicy said:
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

If the sky can crack
There must be someway back
For love and only love

:heart: :heart:

this part here really gets me

:bono: = the best fucking singer ever, what a fucking voice DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:edge: = his edgenoize or edgeisms are GREAT!!!!

I find myself wishing I could turn it up or have a disc in my hand to put in my stereo so I could really crank his parts up

Sounds like a beautiful song, I bet it will be a hit. I can't help sense a hint of 'summer rain' at the very beginning, that is quickly erased into what I'm not sure.

After 4 listens I really love.

:up::heart:

OK, I figured out the BBC download. It's a deep song, it's hard to express an initial response. It's one of those songs I have to listen to twenty times before I get it. It's laid-back, melodic, sounds like a great summer song. I think I like it, must listen to it more, though.

Well, here's my shot at the lyrics. The car alarm line is still up in the air though...

http://lyrics.interference.com/u2/

Okay, now a question. The MP3 is tagged as being from the Best of 1990-2000 album. Can anyone confirm/deny that? And why is there nothing about this at U2.com?

Off to a picnic...be back later to incorporate all your useful lyrics suggestions :)

breeders, you might be surprised, but i think im more impressed with this song than all of you are!

i love the beginning, the chorus is amazing, i mean edges guitar and bono work so nicely together.

great song, and this is only the second listen.

i no have great faith for the next album.

this doesnt sound like atyclb too much.

people should be able to d/l it from me very quickly on new media 2, someone just d/led it from me in like 2 minutes

I like Bono's vocals on this a lot better, the guitars are good but could be more pronounced, it's a decent song, I'll have to listen to it to several more times to have any kind of final verdict

Ah yes...U2 back in form.

I shall await the next U2 album in more anticipation and less cynicism...

Melon

deathbear just pointed the obvious out to me, that my frustration with the guitars not being pronounced enough may have mostly to do with the shitty quality of this mp3, still, it's not The Fly but it's not Wild Honey or Grace either

I was hoping they'd do some AB-style rock to, but this is a good song. We'll just have to wait for the next proper studio album for some rockn' tunes!:)

I've listened to it a couple of more times now. Ooh, it's *pretty*!! Bono sounds fantastic, love Edge's guitar work. It sounds like another great song!!!!:heart: :heart: :happy: :happy:

I listened to it over and over this morning, trying to pick out all the subtle sounds being played out in the song...it really is a gorgeous song that is in the vain of all great U2 songs...and Bono's vocals are quite extraordinary in their delivery...I'm not going to put any expectations on it, but simply enjoy this new U2...I love Electrical Storm.

Chris

Last edited:
Well, it starts off like a good song but nothing really really special, and then it just gets better and better and better and better...I actually got chills and found myself saying "Oh my God" when he sang "Electrical stooorm..."--I was that moved. REALLY good sign! I'm quite excited about this song. Have to see how it holds up, of course. I agree with the person who said it sounded like JT/AB/ATYCLB. A bit of Exit with the crashing drums, the harsher guitar is more AB, and the very beginning (admittedly the weakest part) almost sounded like Stuck! (which I like a lot, by the way.) But it all works...

Hmmmm...

Three listens so far... the band sounds tight, and I had no idea Bono could still sing like that!

The lyrics are bothering me... a few too many "U2isms" as U2log.com put it. Not as bad in this regard as "Always," but I was hoping for poetry more along the lines of JT or AB.

Oh well, good song at any rate.

Re: I love it

I'm not gay but when Bono sings the bolded lyrics below:

Let's see colours that have never been seen
Lets go to places no one else has been

I want to make love to him.

:drool: :love: :kiss:

Wow I love this song. I can't wait to hear a cd version of it, my only complaint, which shouldn't be a complaint, is that the mp3 sounds thin, I want to hear the full sound of the cd version, so I can get a sense of every instrument. I want more bass! But none the less, it was pretty cool waking up this morning and getting an email saying there was a new U2 song. I love the very end of the song, it ends just like The Fly. Man, this is great.

Wow!

I definitely did not expect an mp3 this early!

Funny thing is, I woke up with the worst hangover. But finding this song seemed to cure me.

I really like the song. I hope Electrical Storm is the start of a new direction for U2.

Thanks to the people who found the mp3 for us!

Yowza - I ADORE this song!!!!!!!
I haven't been following the hype here so had no expectations at all!!!
What a lovely, lovely surprise!!!

I was so scared it would sound like the song that accompanied their last Greatest Hits package (Sweetest Thing, d-uh!).....

And I agree with everyone else - it sounds better and better each time!!!

Woohoo - way to go U2!!!!!!

I'm listening to it for the 3rd time now. Definitely getting better with each listen. It has elements of Summer Rain & TGBHF to my ears. Edge's guitar has a Babyface sound at times during the song. I also find the bells intresting....glockenspiel?...I don't know for sure, but they are similiar to the bells at the beginning of I Will Follow. Cool solo & fallsetto by Bono. I'm going to listen again in a few...Lyrically I see elements of UF & AB and a bit of deceptive simplicity like in BD.

Back
Top Bottom