DOWNLOAD U2's New Single "ELECTRICAL STORM"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good and bad...

Well the good news is that I really like it and that it doesn't sound forced or even boring like most songs on ATYCLB. There's a bit of an AB-feel to it which is a good thing. The bad news is that I also feel that I've heard it all before..the guitar riffs remind me of a certain song on AB but I can't really figure out which one it is?! Conklusion: It's better than OK, but it certainly doesn't match anything of their greatest work...

Just downloaded it, and I can't stop listening to it. I love it so far, keeps growing on me more and more with every listen. Love it to pieces so far. Edge's classic ringing sound returns, but not in the cheesy retro way it did in Beautiful Day. Bono's vocals are the best since Acthung Baby. I don't think it will get much radio-play, mainly because it doesn't really have a chorus, but I think it will definitely be a top-10.

One thing I'm a bit confused about - if this is a new song, what's it doing on the best of 1990-2000?

If this was on ATYCLB, it would have been a real stand out song. I am very curious about how it will sound when they do it live., cause as much as I love Bono, I can't see him pulling it off live, because sometimes on the recordings I hear of live Beautiful Day, he has troubling doing the "Touch me" me, and we goes higher than that several times on this record. Still, maybe he has been a good boy, cut down on the fags, and been taking good care of himself. I sure hope so, cause if he can maintain this amazing sound from his voice, we could be in for some the best U2 ever.

The only think I'm a bit disappointed with is the lyrics. "Coffee is cold, but it'll get you through." Come one Bono, you can do better than that.

Still feeling the buzz of new U2 - this is my 10th listen, and I'm still loving it.

yessssssssss yayaya

I like it. The falsetto gives me chills, and the end is rockin! Edge solo = :heart: I'm so excited, I haven't been able to stop smiling throughout each listen. I'm pumped. pumped!!

I also like the radio 1 interlude. it gives it an raw sound.

WHAT A SONG! WHAT A VOCAL!

Listened to it 4 times now and sounds quite classic U2 to me but still kind of moving forwards!

ha, just as I was typing this the email came thru from Interference with the download link!

I hope this song bodes well for the next U2 studio album!

:up: :up: :heart:

GAH! This sucks because I'm back at school and my computer isn't working right on the ethernet up here! So I'm stuck using the computer lab and can't download. :sad:

GRRRR @ Gateway!!
:rant: :yell: :banghead:

:grumpy:

Re: Good and bad...

elevation said:
There's a bit of an AB-feel to it which is a good thing. The bad news is that I also feel that I've heard it all before..the guitar riffs remind me of a certain song on AB but I can't really figure out which one it is?

The final riff...or final chords, don?t know the right term to use...it?s really similar to the beginning of a song from Salome bootleg, Sweet Baby Jane, disc 2 track 2. Check it out.

Or I?m hearing things again...

;)

Last edited:
The only thing I don't like about this song is the line:
"let's see colours that have never been seen."

Other than that I think it is fine.

I believe that "Sweet Baby Jane" from the Achtung Baby Outtakes features a guitar riff that is similar to a guitar piece in "Electrical Storm". Not too sure, though, since I haven't heard the Outtakes for some time now. Then again, even if it is the song I'm thinking of - someone else may not find the simularity.

- z -

the verdict is still out ........................the sound quality is okay on the versions i've downloaded but nothing great.

Still once i get past the somewhat weak opening I'm liking it. The end is definitely Achtung Babyish, which is cool, because in my humble opinion there is no greater record that I have ever heard than AB.

i hated this song at first but now im really diggin it - hope the hands that built america grows on me like this song has

Last edited:
I love it

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

I re-wrote the lyrics yertle had written.

The sea it swells like a sore head
And the night it is aching
Two lovers lie with no sheets on their bed
And the day it is breaking
On rainy days we go swimming out
On rainy days swimming in the sand
On rainy days we go swimming out

In my mind
All the time
I know that's not enough
If the sky can crack
There must be someway back
For love and only love

Car alarm wont let ya back to sleep (?)
You kept awake
Dreaming someone else's dream
Coffee is cold, but it will get you through
Compromise that's nothing new to you

Let's see colours that have never been seen
Lets go to places no one else has been

In my mind
All the time
I know that's not enough
If the sky can crack
To love and only love

Electrical storm
Electrical storm
Electrical storm
Baby dont cry

It's hot as Hell
Honey in this room
Sure hope the weather will break soon
The air is heavy, heavy as a truck
Hope the rain'll wash away our bad luck

The sky can crack
For love and only love

Electrical storm
Electrical storm
Electrical storm

Don't cry
Oh baby don't cry
Oh baby don't cry

:heart: :heart:

Perhaps Michael Griffiths was right, I thought it would be more hard-rocking. LoL

It sounds really nice, I have only listened to it once so far.

And that voice yes :bono: really outshined himself with the beautiful voice.

I have to go and listen to :edge: again

I like :up:

and I have to add, I awoke to a massive Electrical Storm this morning that is headed south (do you read me ABEL) so it was kinda fitting

:up:

Last edited:
Oh Happy Day!! New U2, a year to the day of SLANE I!!! =)

I like the new song quite a bit, lyrically it's a bit typical run of the mill U2: "new colors"...where have I heard that bit before?? References to rain, not enough, cry baby, etc...nothing new there.

However, musically the band are in good form and Bono as stated does sound on the mark vocally. Perhaps they sent this one to the GHits for the sole purpose that they won't feel obliged to play it live (as opposed to a main album release)...because this would prove a difficult live track for Bono.

So while maybe not a home run, given it's being released to radio (and therefore must inherently at least make some concessions commercially), I'd give a solid thumbs up at this early stage.

* snaps fingers in round the circle motion

lmao @ two people already downloading from my ftp and I JUST got it in there.

Wow...

I am really impressed with this song! It's sounds very fresh and well, I'm just lovin' the guitar in the song. It's got a somewhat tropical feel to it. I just picture the fab 4 out on a beach somewhere doin' whatever. Anyway, the point is, I really like the song. It's definately got "the stuff." Not sure how many times I've listened to it, but it just gets better and better every time!

I am totally and completely enamored with this song. I think it's a keeper because I like it more and more every time I listen to it. Yay! :happy:

uhm.... first reaction, it's ok. Great guitar at the end. Not mind blowing... I think it sounds like ATYCLB. :reject:
I like it.
Bono sounds amazing.

Damn, I can't figure out this download. I think I'm too excited to fool with computer stuff.........I'm an Internet klutz. I already have RealOne installed, that seems to be getting in the way. Maybe I should try downloading the thing by opening it rather than saving it to disk? Maybe that was my mistake? Grrrr...:mad: :mad: :censored:

Hmmmm....I think I'm underwhelmed

My opinion: VERY ATYCLB.

It's....um....*nice.* :shrug: I don't think it's anything spectacular....like they say, it's definitely a "grower," which is precisely what ATYCLB was for me. Took me months to get into that album. I was amazed at the high notes Bono continues to hit, at his *advanced age!* (j/k!!) :der:

I truly hope this album isn't going to be ATYCLB 2. :tsk:

Thanks Elvis.
Thanks Herbert.
Thanks BBC!

(oh yeah, NICE BBC station ID in the middle of the song, that was just lovely) :grumpy:

First listen I wasnt too impressed, now I really like it (4th listen as I write). It doesnt have a chorus, and truthfully that isnt a bad thing. I couldnt careless if it's a big radio hit or not, this really seems like a song from U2 for U2 fans to me. Almost Beachboys-esque in a way. I like it.

grace said:
:help:

Can somebody please put this on Limewire? It would be a huge favor!

ditto.

as pretty as this mac is, it is eating my brain.
this one button mouse is vexing me.

WOOO! New U2! So exciting!

As for the song. Well. Who knows how I will like this in a month (that's the beauty of new music) but for now ... I can't decide. I like it. And I agree Bono's voice is sounding fabulous. It's a little more raw than ATYCLB (the song, not Bono's voice) but ... I can't shake the feeling that I've heard this song before. You know what I mean? I was hoping for something really unique, and I don't feel that's what we've got here. But I'm happy just to have new U2. :)

I tried the Guatemala link, but the download is sooooo slow...ARGH! I might just wait for the video and than hear the song.

Mirrorball Girl said:
WOOO! New U2! So exciting!

As for the song. Well. Who knows how I will like this in a month (that's the beauty of new music) but for now ... I can't decide. I like it. And I agree Bono's voice is sounding fabulous. It's a little more raw than ATYCLB (the song, not Bono's voice) but ... I can't shake the feeling that I've heard this song before. You know what I mean? I was hoping for something really unique, and I don't feel that's what we've got here. But I'm happy just to have new U2. :)

What she said. :)

Back
Top Bottom