dose Edge have stage presence?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also even if a person didn't to begin with they would be bound to acquire some from the experience of touring for all those years. Anybody still on the road after 20+ years has to have something:)

Edge has always had stage presence. It's always been an interesting mixture of intensity and dignity. It's very different from Bono's--it's *his*.

Numb1075 said:

Why doesn't he doesn't say after "Don't Reach" - Have another peach.....???????

Am I crazy or has anyone else thought of this?

I thought it was "don't preach"....?

regardless if it's reach or preach, i just wonder why "have another peach" wasn't included as lyric. they do say "have another grape"

I saw the edge in the first Elevation Concert... and yes... he has just a great presence in stage, I don't know why, I just loved to look at him, and the part with bono playing Until the End... the edge was great (maybe cuz bono felt out the heart ....hehe

Bono is stage presence personified, Edge has a lot of stage presence, Mullen has little, Clayton has none whatsoever. My two cents...

Cheers,

J

edge is semi-bashful... but I definately think he has stage presence, but it is a different nature- it reflects his personality more. I spend a lot of time just paying attention to him some concerts :wink:

jick said:
Bono is stage presence personified, Edge has a lot of stage presence

Agreed.

Mullen has little,

Never taken notice, which to me would imply he has little. Then again, he's stuck behind the drums most of the time ...

Clayton has none whatsoever.

Wow, I couldn't disagree more. He's the essence of calm concentration, and he has a powerful aura about him. Whenever I watch a U2 video or DVD and he comes on screen, I feel drawn to him. Very good stage presence.

Axver said:

Never taken notice, which to me would imply he has little. Then again, he's stuck behind the drums most of the time ...

Wow, I couldn't disagree more. He's the essence of calm concentration, and he has a powerful aura about him. Whenever I watch a U2 video or DVD and he comes on screen, I feel drawn to him. Very good stage presence.

Hehe, perhaps being female, you'd notice Larry more. (apologies if you're female, but most female U2 fans I've been in discussions with, notice Larry).

Well can't say the same with Adam, as you've picked up on his stage presence, but I'd think being female, would, over-emphasize it,..maybe.

Not always the "frontman" that gets all the attention ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom