Don't forget to give it up for Paul McCartney

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

z edge

I serve MacPhisto
Paul McCartney's 'Freedom' was a nice addition to the show. I have always admired SIR Paul.

When I was a cub, I loved the Beatles, and the solo stuff.

One day in december of 1980, my dad came home from work and found me watching Beatles cartoons on tv before I went to school, he pointed at the John Lennon cartoon character and told me that he was no longer a cartoon.

Tears were there and still are.

Tears to those pics with Paul and Linda.

GOD Bless Linda and John and George. And God Bless Ringo and Paul .

And GOD Bless all of you in here because your heart burns strong.

I have given up on Paul McCartney.

Paul McCartney's 'Freedom' was a nice addition to the show.

It was the kind of cliched, forumulatic, inconsequental tripe you would expect from an overly pretentious 14 year old "artiste". Not a man who was in the Beatles.

Unless I am wrong, Terry Bradshaw has a heart as big as the bald spot on his head and he his humor shows his true self
smile.gif

Awww cut Paul some slack, he's an old man now. I guess I do see Gonzo's point though.

------------------
We plants are happy plants.

Yeah, Paul was great. Him and Terry singing together was hilarious (and he's a Steelers fan too!!!)

biggrin.gif

------------------
You will believe in me
And I can never be ignored

Paul was 'my Bono' back int the early 80's when all of my friends all liked hair bands.

I will always appreciate him, and would give my life in an instant for Paul , U2, or any one of you, and first of course my family including my moms little dog.

My life is not enough if I cannot put it out there for those that made me what I am today (insult to some)

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
Yep, Paul is cool.

Loved the Statue of Liberty banner behind him.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by z edge (edited 02-04-2002).]

He looks awful ( compare to Mick Jagger
wink.gif
, 'Freedom' song was good , but i really liked how they did a half-time duo " Hard Day's Night " that was interesting.
biggrin.gif

The one who would dare to bad-mouth one of rocks greatest should have his/her ass kicked!!!
tongue.gif

------------------
"Master of sexual innuendo"

"PLEBA Mansion Bootler"

"Proud member of the U2 gender"

Originally posted by IvanClaytonJnr:
He looks awful ( compare to Mick Jagger
wink.gif
, 'Freedom' song was good , but i really liked how they did a half-time duo " Hard Day's Night " that was interesting.
biggrin.gif

Thank god you're not comparing anyone to Keith Richards of the Stones, cause he looks like he died along time ago......

I like Paul, I saw him back in 90 I think it was and he put on a good show. I'm an oldie here so I grew up on the Beatles and Wings..He said, at halftime, that he'd be touring the US this spring. I, for one, would go see him again...

Yes, Paul is cool. My husband ran into him
on the street last Wed. -- he was going food
shopping in D'Agostino (ex-Beatles do their own food shopping, simply amazing!) and
graciously gave him a personal autograph to me. Will treasure forever.

Originally posted by Dane-Dane:
Yes, Paul is cool. My husband ran into him
on the street last Wed. -- he was going food
shopping in D'Agostino (ex-Beatles do their own food shopping, simply amazing!) and
graciously gave him a personal autograph to me. Will treasure forever.

Of course he does his own food shopping -- you can't send your housekeeper to go shopping for you. He or she might pick up one of those other 'vegetarian meals' on the market that ends up having a big hunk of pork in it. (Gratuitous Simpsons reference)

Originally posted by joyfulgirl:
I have to agree..."Freedom" should never be performed in public again, but gotta love Paul the same. Great, soulful human being who's given us so much.

I love Paul, and I love the Beatles, but I can't stand "Freedom." Are you telling me that the best that 1/2 of (arguably) the greatest songwriting duo ever could come up with was:

This is my right
A right given by God
To live a free life
To live in freedom

(Repeat Chorus Ad Nauseum)

?

Excuse me? I'm sorry, but I expected better from McCartney. The message is great, but the execution is lacking...

*Puts on asbestos, flame-retardant jacket*

-Mike

Originally posted by Calluna:

Awww cut Paul some slack, he's an old man now. I guess I do see Gonzo's point though.

I have to agree..."Freedom" should never be performed in public again, but gotta love Paul the same. Great, soulful human being who's given us so much.

This all talking about Sir Mccartney reminds me of another my favourite beatle theme/memories ...:

mac_call.jpg

When I was younger
So much younger then today
I never needed anybody's help in any waay

Now these days are gone
I'm not so self assured
Now I find I change my mind
Open up the door

Help me if U can I'm feeling dow-how-own
And I do appreciate you being 'rou-ounnd
Help Me get my feet back off the ground-ound

WON't YOU