don't forget the African Well Fund photo auction ends Monday!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ottofilm

The Fly
Hi gang -

Because I get asked a lot about prints and I so rarely answer the email about prints (sorry! have a baby due in a week - been busy!), I thought I'd point out that two of my images are in the African Well Fund auction that ends early early Monday morning. They're both 20 by 30 inches - effectively poster size! - and they are the only prints of that size/border/paper I've made, so for now you could say they're prints 1 of 1. (Of course those two have been printed before and will be again, but just never like that.)

One of them is the Bono in the two spotlights image that was twelve feet tall in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's U2 exhibit and is also on the cover of Walk On: auction | see the photo on my site

The other photos is of Bono and The Edge head to head during Until the End of the World; it was in that Bono feature story from Rolling Stone last November, and was also in U2 Live.
auction | see the photo on my site

Of course, there are nearly 100 photos in the auction; tons of great stuff from tons of talented photographs. Check out all of the photo auctions. For more info on the AWF, visit the African Well Fund Home Page.

A little tease for fans of my pictures: it's going to take me a few months, perhaps, but I'm going to be reposting all of my U2 photos - bigger (about 200% in area), sharper, clearer. I've learned a lot about image post production the last few years, and it's time to make a few updates.

Thanks all. Have a great weekend!

otto

Otto, your work is amazing. Whenever I do an image search on google, the ones I click on always end up being yours! :wink:

I'm so impressed by his work. Otto, thank you again for donating your 20x30 prints of two awesome photos!!

The auction has over 800 bids and is up to 3K plus and we still have two days to go! :hyper:

Thanks you two.

Hi to anyone reading: remember the auction is for a really good charitable cause and if anyone wants in, you've just over a day and change left. I know my two pictures are getting up there but there are still a number of inexpensive pictures, and of course many of these are by fans who don't usually print pictures at all and this is a one time shot to get them. The auction links are above.

I actually had cause to think about this this week - our local water utility is doing their spring line flush and our water was sort of brown for about a day. Clean water is something so easy to take for granted. I'm glad I was able to be a part of this. Thanks all!

otto

Hey everyone!

We've just received some photos of the 2005 projects in Angola. They're up on the site at the main page so go take a look.

For those of you who donated last year, these are the projects that your Bono's bday donation went to and these are the first pictures we have received.

htttp:www.africanwellfund.org

Back
Top Bottom