Doesn't Red Light just drip sex?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnny Swallow

Bad Daddy Johnny
This song was Bono's 'sexy voice' showcase. I get randy everytime that trumpet solo drives through my ears and those back up singers make it a vocal orgy. Yeah baby, do I make you randy? Do I?

THIS SONG IS PURE SEX. Oh yeah baby.

I talk to you, you walk away
You're still on the down beat
You say you don't want my help
But you can't escape
If you're running from yourself

I give you my love
I give you my love
Give you my love
Still you walk away

Whoa!

It's your own late show
As you jump to the street below
But where can you go
To leave yourself behind
Alone in the spotlight
Of this, your own tragedy

I give you my love, love, love
Love, love, love, love, love, love

In the heart, in the heart
In the heart of the city
Heart, in the heart
In the heart of the city
Oh, love...
I pour my love out for you
And I'll bring you through
See you night and day

I give you my love, give you my love
Give you my love, give you my love
Give you my love, love, love
Love, love, love, love, love

------------------
This post brought to you by: Ignorance "It never fails."

AIM: JuanSwallow

That was a damn funny post Johnny...

Every once in a while, you come up with something good.

red light...that song was almost as bad as The Refugee.

--
AJ

Red Light is a good song and I love the trumpet solo. It's much better than Refugee. It's also better than certain songs that U2 did in the 90's that people unaccountably drool over. So there.

------------------
The soul needs beauty for a soulmate

hidden within that song is some of U2's finest work..I just have no idea how to show you guys the light...I should be punished for defending this song but I am prepared to take my Interference flogging for the name of rock and roll

--------------
Red Light Appreciation Commitee Executive Founder @TGL

Originally posted by ACROB@T:
hidden within that song is some of U2's finest work..I just have no idea how to show you guys the light...I should be punished for defending this song but I am prepared to take my Interference flogging for the name of rock and roll

Yay ACROB@T! So what part would you describe as some of U2's finest work??

Please don't tell me you're pulling my leg
frown.gif

------------------

and I refuse to even rank this alongside Refugee, is it punk, is it an early form of luke warm grunge...I have no idea what it is???

scatter, I really love the intro, the chorus girls easing their way in harder and harder and Edges guitar rips open, also I adore the main chorus "I Give You My Love" its very addictive, more so than some of the big name songs U2 have spliced together. I just love the rawness and honesty of the peice...as a whole it doesn't always work..but just the little things I picked out just grab me everytime, I'm glad you see it too...wanna join the Red Light Appreciation Commitee
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

It amazes me that the monkey man was ripped for making a post similar to this one. Now, I'm not critizing Johnny, but it is just unfair that one person is treated differently than another. I realize that this post is not to be taken seriously, but just treat people the same is all I'm saying, or don't read their post.

Chris

[This message has been edited by spanisheyes (edited 10-31-2001).]

I was gonna post something relating to this, but....I JUST GOT A CALL FROM THE SHOW TONIGHT AND I HEARD LARRY SPEAKING!!!!!!! THE MAN FUCKING GOT UP AND SAID A FEW WORDS ON HIS BIRTHDAY AND I MISSED IT. *cries*

*kicks herself for not being sneaky enough to try and get tickets and get out of work*

BLARGHY!!!!

I want a boot of this show. NOW.

------------------
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LARRY!!!!

Fan named Matt(as a fellow fan prepares to take a picture of him with Larry):"You know Larry, I'm a drummer in a band too."
Larry(looks at fan and shrugs, smiling pleasantly toward the camera):"Well, Matt, we all have our problems."

~*April*~

(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

Red Light is still the worst song U2 have ever done. I don't hold it against them, it was an experiment that just failed. I applaud them for continuing and succedding on their later experiments.

For the record, Miami, The Wanderer and ALL other U2 songs are better than Red Light.

So poo on you Red Light fans, poo on you.

Originally posted by Johnny Swallow:
Red Light is still the worst song U2 have ever done. I don't hold it against them, it was an experiment that just failed. I applaud them for continuing and succedding on their later experiments.

For the record, Miami, The Wanderer and ALL other U2 songs are better than Red Light.

So poo on you Red Light fans, poo on you.

You're wrong. End of story.
tongue.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 11-01-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom