Doesn't really sound like a quick release for the new album...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:

All Zooropa songs debuted live after the album's release, with Numb being the first on 7 July 1993. The last time an unknown song was introduced excluding songs debuted on their album's own promo tour and besides the impromptu We Love You on 5 August 2001 (which probably will never be released as any kind of studio song) was She's A Mystery To Me on 30 December 1989 - it remains unreleased but has been played sporadically over the years and some version of it (studio? live?) is appearing on one of the European ABOY singles. Out of songs that have actually already been released in studio form, the last to debut live - and also the record holder for longest gap between debut live and official release - was Slow Dancing on 1 December 1989 and released roughly a week short of four years later in late November 1993.

That's superb! What do you make of Mercy? Think it'll end up on record?

it would be great for bono to go:

"i know you havent heard this one before, maybe some of you have"

and then mercy starts up and they anounce that they will be coming out with a new album on 2007/08 that will include that song

namkcuR said:

Because no one wants to see them make ATYCLB and HTDAAB over and over again until their 65-70 and more and more people are fearing that they might in fact go down that road. Some people, like me, would rather have them stop right now if they're just gonna keep making ATYCLB and HTDAAB over and over again.

Here's a question, why does everyone automatically think that U2 will settle for a given sound for the remainder of their collective careers? They've never done that before, and they'll never do it period.

Did all the fans get scared after Pop and Rattle And Hum that U2 were going to settle?

"nothing's been decided" for either a new album soon or the tour to continue into 2006.

I also remember Edge saying on VH1 that the next album will come quicker, along with Bono, Lillywhite and Adam talks of the new album.

I know some people are firmly decided U2 will make ATYCLB/Bomb sound albums for the rest of their career which I doubt, like any other phase of their career didn't last forever, neither will this one.
That said, if we get more songs like BD, Stuck, IALW, Kite, Walk on, Miracle Drug, COBL, Sometimes, OOTS, OSC - I'd sign up for that. :yes:

Last edited:
VertigoGal said:
I'd much rather them go to Australia/NZ/Japan and Mexico/South America before going back into the studio. It'd be ideal if they could record on tour, but if not it's more important that those parts of the world get some shows.

I agree. I am hoping they come to Australia because otherwise I may never get to see them live. Which would kill me. I missed PC3 live, I don't wanna miss U2 as well. They can push it back to 2008 for all I care, I just want them to tour Australia.

People who said 2006 were very, very optimistic.

AND WILL PEOPLE PLEASE STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT ATYCLB AND HTDAAB. SHUT THE HELL UP, YOU ARE MAKING THIS PLACE UNENJOYABLE. THEY ARE GOOD ALBUMS. JUST BECAUSE PEOPLE HERE THINK THERE HAS BEEN NOTHING GOOD SINCE AB, JT, POP, ETC DOESN'T MEAN EVERYONE ELSE HERE AGREES WITH YOU.

COBL_04 said:

:up: I'm signing up too. :up:

I still don't understand why it seems everyone hates those two albums so much. It would mess up the numbers if they didn't make another one in that vein since U2 does things in trilogies.

U2girl said:

That said, if we get more songs like BD, Stuck, IALW, Kite, Walk on, Miracle Drug, COBL, Sometimes, OOTS, OSC - I'd sign up for that. :yes:

Even if they stuck with this formula for the rest of their career???

COBL_04 said:

AND WILL PEOPLE PLEASE STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT ATYCLB AND HTDAAB. SHUT THE HELL UP, YOU ARE MAKING THIS PLACE UNENJOYABLE. THEY ARE GOOD ALBUMS. JUST BECAUSE PEOPLE HERE THINK THERE HAS BEEN NOTHING GOOD SINCE AB, JT, POP, ETC DOESN'T MEAN EVERYONE ELSE HERE AGREES WITH YOU.

:lmao:

If they were as good as the albums that came before, we wouldn't say anything.

:p

Zootlesque said:

See the problem here is that some of us think HTDAAB is far better than albums like JT and "Pop". So if U2 were as good as they are now in the future, I won't say anything. But if they regress to sound "as good" as they did on JT and "Pop", then you'd have a whole new set of people complaining - people like me.

In other words, it's a lose-lose situation.

Enjoy what you have - if it's not for you, move on. I didn't let JT or "Pop" deter me from being a fan, even though I didn't like those albums nearly as much as I liked UF and AB/Zooropa.

Zootlesque said:

Opinion. On a whole, I enjoy HTDAAB much more than either POP or Zooropa.

Even though I couldn't see it happening, I'm afraid U2 will keep going and going, even once their spark has died (I don't think it would happen though, just a thought...) Like Rolling Stones, they just wont stop, and they aren't as powerful as they used to be (IMO). So I'm hoping that when U2 goes out (they have to some time, I know its depressing to think about :sad: ), they do it while on top. Not aged and worn with people saying "Yeah, they've lost it, they used to be amazing."

But like I said........... This may never happen. It's hard to imagine U2 being "done."

With all the time they spent with HTDAAB on new material, and also having material left over from previous sessions (COBL music), it's hard to believe that How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb was all they could come up with.

To me it sounds dumbed down and sterilized, without any real risk or innovation. I think they need a new direction to get the creative juices flowing again (ala Fast Cars). I hope the next album can deliver the real stuff.

monke said:
it would be great for bono to go:

"i know you havent heard this one before, maybe some of you have"

and then mercy starts up and they anounce that they will be coming out with a new album on 2007/08 that will include that song

:drool: If they debuted Mercy live I'd expect a new album shortly after...I honestly think we could see something in 2006. I'm hopeful. Let's have some faith.

AtomicBono said:

:drool: If they debuted Mercy live I'd expect a new album shortly after...I honestly think we could see something in 2006. I'm hopeful. Let's have some faith.

Finally, some optimism on this forum!

AtomicBono said:

Honestly, if they want to see their concert ticket sales down here soar, they'll come here just after a new album's been released.

I suppose if an album were coming in January/February/March though, we'd know already.

yeah or if one were really in the works.
this isn't a band like everyone else, they need a ridiculous amount of time in the studio.

i hope they finish the tour, and go back in, stat. then they can do the promo down south or record in Brizzy, to keep Ax happy.

HELLO bono cant stay in one place!!!! after the tour do you realy think he will go and spend days and days in the studio trying to make a master piece( like he did in the old days "zootv days" that's what actual musicians do)!!! i think not!!

he will carry on with his africa/data program and do his thing!!

so ya no album for like 4 years !!!

shaun vox said:
HELLO bono cant stay in one place!!!! after the tour do you realy think he will go and spend days and days in the studio trying to make a master piece( like he did in the old days "zootv days" that's what actual musicians do)!!! i think not!!

he will carry on with his africa/data program and do his thing!!

so ya no album for like 4 years !!!

Another classic. I'll just add it to the list!:wink:

Zootlesque said:

More like "if they sounded like the albums from the previous decade we wouldn't say anything".

Back
Top Bottom