Doesn't Look Like We'll Be Getting A Clip.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lo-Fi

War Child
Which I have mixed feelin' about, I felt this would have been the last day for the possibility of having a clip. U2.com hasn't budged over the weekend, and will more than likely stay that way to Friday. Still, it heightens the hype for Friday, hope I ain't disappointed!

Anyone else bummed about not getting a 30sec clip this time round? would you prefer not hear any of the album (outwith Vertigo) leading up to it's release so it's all a surprise?

Now that's is so close i don't really care about the short clip. But i'm just preparing myself to be disappoined, which is a thought which hasn't really entered my mind at all until now. I've been getting all hyped up about this song because I haven't heard a new U2 song in 2 years, it never really occured to me that it may actually not be that great. From the decent quality clip, you can tell it's at bear minimum a good song, but it will definately not be a beautiful day-killer. I really am just so desperate to hear Miracle-Drug, I know this song cannot fail me.

If only they'd put up a damn clip we'd be better prepared for Vertigo come Friday!

Damn it U2.com! I don't like this silence this time around, that's not cool daddio.

Who cares. its only 4 days away. And if singles are being sent out this week, who knows what might happen.

As much as I want to hear ANYTHING now (a clip of any length), this is truly like those Christmases a long time ago when I really had no clue what was under the tree. Some of that $17 mil. was well spent to secure this single. I can't wait for this song to hit me like a bag of bricks.

I heard 15 seconds of it on my local station this morning. I didn't think there could be any worse quality recording than the Spanish one, but I guess I was proven wrong. It sounded like it was recorded at a blaring volume.

The DJ said that a Universal rep brought in the single on cd (which would contradict the reports of a digital distribution). So anyways, he said the rep put the cd in, and guarded it for the entire time that the song was played. The DJ then used his cellphone to call his voicemail and record 15 seconds of it. It was basically just the chorus, which most of us have already heard.

...He also said the title of the album wrong. ('How To Dismantle A Bomb')

Roland of Gilead said:
As much as I want to hear ANYTHING now (a clip of any length), this is truly like those Christmases a long time ago when I really had no clue what was under the tree. Some of that $17 mil. was well spent to secure this single. I can't wait for this song to hit me like a bag of bricks.

:yes: :up:

I'm going to stop anticipating the clip so it won't be a disappointment.
I'm thinking I'm going to love it but be pissed off that I have to wait nearly two months for the album itself to hear the rest of the songs. Shit why so long? I'll probably burn out the Vertigo clip way before the album comes out which also sucks. Damn, the new music hasn't come out and I'm already pissed off.

Honestly I'm just really pumped up and nervous about the new music.

Back
Top Bottom