Does ur family think you need counseling cuz u meet online u2 fans in real life?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jesseu2

Refugee
Mine do. I met a bunch here from vegas an LA. My mom goes... you need 'counseling' because what if someone murdered you? I'm like c'mon, these are u2 fans the nicest people.(most of em, anyway) My dad understands it and told her to stop! I don't think my folks would like the diamond character or understand his language.(no offence, DB9) I did share a hotel room with mbi16 and a guy friend of hers, who i never met before in person but we did discuss the trip for like 2-3 months. it worked great.(tnx marina!) I took a risk an it turned out well.

Hopefully you didn't tell her you met some dude who calls himself "pub crawler"..lol. Then she might really have you locked up!
wink.gif

Peace bruddah.

My mom says she'd rather have me make an ass of myself in front of people I've never met instead of my friends in town.

------------------
Look what you did, you little JERK!

Kevin! You're such a disease!

I found my fiance on the Internet. My family members pretty much think it's cool to meet such great people that I wouldn't have met just hanging out around town...and I agree.

------------------
"Baby...can we still be friends?"

I got a few raised eyebrows when I went to Boston and met Sula.

They don't understand the "U2 kinship" - poor people.
smile.gif

------------------
I don't know you, and you don't know the half of it.

My mom thought it was "in poor judgement" of me to meet up in Vegas with ppl I met here.

Luckily I'm grown and her opinion means nothing - but this is the only Online Community I've been a part of that wasnt burdened with completely psychotic ppl when you meet them in person.

meeting any of you in real life ?????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by HelloAngel:
this is the only Online Community I've been a part of that wasnt burdened with completely psychotic ppl when you meet them in person.

You clearly aren't trying hard enough!

I have to explain to my mum how I finally met someone who will go to watch Ballet with me (Jess)...most of my other friends are like, "No way!" The biggest thing is getting my parents to believe that you're all not a bunch of crazed, psychotic murders...
Me, going out at nigh to downtown T.O. to hang out with a bunch of ppl I've never met before...sounds a little sketchy, doesn't it?

I haven't met anyone that I met online yet!! I think that I might be meeting some people from a mailing list to watch the Grammy's!! I can't wait to meet more local U2 fans, and to watch the show with other people who will get as excited as me when the boys win!!

My family already thinks that I am nuts, and meeting my on-line friends would only add to it!!

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
I think that I might be meeting some people from a mailing list to watch the Grammy's!! I can't wait to meet more local U2 fans, and to watch the show with other people who will get as excited as me when the boys win!!

Going to the Grammys? Lucky you!!!

Anyway, I recently told my sis about meeting people I've know online and yeah, she thinks it's crazy. It slowly is becoming a normal thing, though. Meeting people from online, I mean.

Originally posted by RufusYoungblood:
I got a few raised eyebrows when I went to Boston and met Sula.

I just kept that hush-hush as to avoid parental explosion.
tongue.gif

But hey it turned out to be the show of a lifetime, didn't it?
biggrin.gif

I dont tink anyofu would wanna meet me cause I sound a fuked up person, in real life Im not.............honest.......Im
cool.gif

sal sounds like a ride of fun though, u go out with him in the mornin and come back with u hair all covered in candy floss........
smile.gif

my parents have problems just with me spending too much time on the net.

in some ways it prolly aint healthy, but i hope to meet at least some of you as soon as i get a chance
smile.gif

Originally posted by dizzy:
Going to the Grammys? Lucky you!!!

Anyway, I recently told my sis about meeting people I've know online and yeah, she thinks it's crazy. It slowly is becoming a normal thing, though. Meeting people from online, I mean.

I am not going to the Grammy's. We are going to get together at an Irish pub in Toronto and watch the Grammy's while drinking some Guinness!!!

id be happy to see interlanders as long as i could see them but they couldnt see me. id be an invisible entity, otherwise - no.

well maybe... um... what?

------------------
-death bear

Yeah and I use the "they are U2 fans so they have to be nice people" thing too also the "if they are not who they say they are and are murderers well then I'll just come home" what is their problem? It's good to meet people you have alot in common with when my family don't really like U2 and never listen to me anyway and my friends here spend there whole life saying "U2 are aging rockers and should retire" or "Bono has a huge chin" etc. Come on they like Britney and the Backstreet Boys and I don't mock them. Atleast my guys have TALENT!!!!

Well there is a U2 kinship
smile.gif

Parents think I spend too much time on the net but no one round here understands me so my best friends are on here, then they say I should spend more time in the real world. Well they can't have it both ways lol

Mad1 we're all a bit fucked up
smile.gif
lol that's what makes us unique and I wouldn't have a problem with meeting up with any of you
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by UV2001 (edited 01-14-2002).]

LOL! This topic might be the funniest thing I have ever read!!!! You guys made me smile. I have to say that it would be wierd to meet online U2 fans but no wieder then people finding love interests online. At least with a U2 fan U dont have to worry about getting Kidnapped or molested........well I think!

I've met plenty of U2 fans from here. The more you do it, the more "normal" it seems. lol. And it's led to some great experiences. I got to visit Iceland because I met an interferencer when in Dublin the year before. I got to see Boston 4, the most amazing show ever! (imo
wink.gif
), because I shared costs with someone from here. I got to attend Vegas and meet a whole bunch of people from here, thanks to one of my interference friends getting me a ticket while I was off in Europe. There's something about U2 fans....
smile.gif

-sula

My family thinks I need counseling because of U2 at first place! Wasting and spending time and money on them the way I do! But they're usually cool with me meeting ppl I met on-line! I know a few Interferencers in person and they're becoming my best friends
smile.gif

My family are used to me meeting U2 fans bc I've been meeting my Propaganda pen pals for about 10 years, and they see the internet as an extension of that.

Steve's family on the other hand, is more incredulous, and were BLOWN AWAY that I not only roomed in Vegas with total "strangers", but that I slept/squished in a bed with a man I've only met briefly once before and a women I'd never met before! It turned out OK though!
biggrin.gif

Oh, and as Sweetest Thing said, now I have a new friend to go to the Ballet with too!
smile.gif

Thank GOD...I live away from my parents..MY mom aready made comments prior to her seeing the VH1 special...when i told i her i got on stage & met him...she said "MY GOD..are you groupie" I was said "Ummm mom, wrong era"

Anyhoo, I have meet the most REAL & wonderful people online, through U2. The only person that was little freakish about it was the BF...he was like you doing what? We are meeting strangers in Dublin? I was like do you wanna have fun or not !!!!

Starr

Originally posted by CatDubh:
My family thinks I need counseling because of U2 at first place! Wasting and spending time and money on them the way I do! But they're usually cool with me meeting ppl I met on-line! I know a few Interferencers in person and they're becoming my best friends
smile.gif

Sounds familiar

My mother lives in constant fear of myself meeting people from the net period. She would try to make me do some kind of background check on whoever I would meet, but that never happens. I have met a couple of people from here, and it was pretty cool
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom