Does ticketmaster usuualy release tickets as it gets closer to the concert date?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BOCAGATOR

The Fly
Just wandering how and when ticketmaster releases tickets as a concert approaches?Where do these tickets come from and when do they usually release them?

Gator Fan from Boca Raton:

At the 3/30 Atlanta show, they released some G.A. tickets in the early afternoon, maybe between 12 & 1. You would have to be at the box office at the venue as far as I know.

~U2 Fan in Alabama

The people one row behind me got their tickets two days before the show, and I bought mine the day they went on sale. They said they got theirs over the internet, and we all had really good seats.

I'm with you--where do these tickets come from? I don't know, but if you keep looking, they seem to magically appear. Good luck.

Generally speaking...these are known as "production releases", ususlly anytime within 2 weeks of a show, and often the day of or day before a show some good seats will pop up on ticketmaster and at the box office. This happens for most concerts, not just U2. Often these are excellent seats as they have been held back for guests of the band, promotion etc., and the promoter realizes he doesn't need some, they get released back to the public.
As for GA seats for U2, it seems that they are popping up only the day of show on the 3rd leg...you probably would need to camp out at the venue box office.

I got in to NYC3 by waiting in the cancellation line. Its also tickets-- usually single seats-- that brokers and the like couldn't sell. BE AWARE though. If a venue tells you they'll release tickets at 5pm, don't expect to show up at 5pm and get tickets. I got in line at 2pm and was number 38 in line.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

Back
Top Bottom