Does this version of 'Please' exist?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Is there a version of please that incorperates the solo from the single version into the pop version?

If it exists, where can I get it?

If it doesn't exist, what audio editing software would you suggest if I want to try to make one myself, that would let me sufficiently mix the solo into the album version and still have it sound good?

Please is exquisite. This would be fantabulous.

The only software I've used for splicing audio files and such is Cool Edit Pro, and I'm probably talking out my ass because chances are it's not very esteemed in recording circles. Regardless, I used that to mix the different tracks from my music-making days and it worked pretty okay. Give it a shot, Rucky McRuckruck

I would think that such a task would be pretty hard without a professional software program. It would be more difficult then simply cutting and splicing in the solo section, you'd have to match it so it sounds fairly natural.

it's likely that you could use Cool Edit to do it.
Or Soundforge or other audio programs.

You would need to just get a wav of the album version.
Copy the solo from the single version

Any software that allows you to loop, zoom, cut and paste. All easy enough to do it with.

1-get the timing right (think 1,2,3,4, cut it after 4 and JUST before 1)
2-get the sample right (make sure you sample it right at the beginning of a measure, like right at the 1. Try to get it clean, where there is no bleed. Meaning if Edge is playing thru the beginning it's going to sound like shit to cut it. Try to find the best sample spot.)
3-copy the solo, cut the original, paste
(make sure it fits, and hope the tempos are similar)

it may not sound good naturally.
if the two songs are different tempos it will sound like SHIT
If there is a "bleeding" of sound it will sound like SHIT

so basically you have to get it right, and then get it a little lucky.
If both songs have the same bpm, and there is a nice clean break right at the solo with no "bleed", then it might sound cool.

But yeah, you should be able to do it with most decent audio software. You will only be essentially cutting and pasting, but you will need zooming and looping too, I would think.

I would do it for you but I dont have my old software anymore.
I dont know if that was any help at all.

Back
Top Bottom